Owen Called Up to England For Match V Russia

wykikitoon

Where are Owen's fanboys now?

He doesn't care about us. How many times must I say it? He only wants to play for England and collect from us. He'll play 70 minutes of shite for us on Sunday, bugger off to England, and that'll be him out until the next qualifier, just like his previous appearances this season.

Here's a few more: he doesn't care about us. He doesn't care about us. He doesn't care about us. I hope it is beginning to penetrate your thick skulls.

Assist and goal from England's Michael Owen today. Fuck you yank lad :razz:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't care about us. How many times must I say it? He only wants to play for England and collect from us. He'll play 70 minutes of shite for us on Sunday, bugger off to England, and that'll be him out until the next qualifier, just like his previous appearances this season.

Here's a few more: he doesn't care about us. He doesn't care about us. He doesn't care about us. I hope it is beginning to penetrate your thick skulls.

Do you have no sense of pattern recognition at all? This has happened before, I'm sure you remember how it came out.

Or maybe you don't since you seem to have no grasp of even the recent history of this club. Well, on a bleeding cold day in London in December 2005, a plastic footballer in black and white called Michael Owen scored a hat-trick for us, and it seemed like heaven in Geordie-land for a while. Not two weeks later he got crocked against Spurs and played just one more game (as a sub) for us that season. He came back from injury just in time to lead the English charge in the World Cup only to get crocked again. This time he was out for nearly a year.

Now he's back again, the legend, scoring goals, assisting, all of that. Do you think next time he gets injured he'll be out for a year and a half? Or maybe there won't be a next time, is that it?

Do you have no sense of pattern recognition at all? This has happened before, I'm sure you remember how it came out.

Or maybe you don't since you seem to have no grasp of even the recent history of this club. Well, on a bleeding cold day in London in December 2005, a plastic footballer in black and white called Michael Owen scored a hat-trick for us, and it seemed like heaven in Geordie-land for a while. Not two weeks later he got crocked against Spurs and played just one more game (as a sub) for us that season. He came back from injury just in time to lead the English charge in the World Cup only to get crocked again. This time he was out for nearly a year.

Now he's back again, the legend, scoring goals, assisting, all of that. Do you think next time he gets injured he'll be out for a year and a half? Or maybe there won't be a next time, is that it?

Go Team! Dooooooode! :D

You're a fucking idiot mate. You've said in the past that "the sooner Michael Owen leaves the club, the better". Fucking clueless. Footballers get injured, some more than others, but to say that we're better off without him is cobblers. This thing you have about Owen is pathetic. The lad is absolute class, and you show your ignorance about football every time you talk about him. I tell you what, I'll take a "non-caring" Michael Owen over a fully dedicated Obafemi Martins any day of the week.

You're a fucking idiot mate. You've said in the past that "the sooner Michael Owen leaves the club, the better". Fucking clueless. Footballers get injured, some more than others, but to say that we're better off without him is cobblers. This thing you have about Owen is pathetic. The lad is absolute class, and you show your ignorance about football every time you talk about him. I tell you what, I'll take a "non-caring" Michael Owen over a fully dedicated Obafemi Martins any day of the week.

You not at the match today? Plastic tbh.

You not at the match today? Plastic tbh.

I've been you spanner! Back home now though.

The one I pick on genuinely isn't good enough though tbf! :razz:

By the way, there was booing when he went off today. Dunno what the craic was there, whether it was dozy fuckers booing him off, or dozy fuckers booing at him being taken off.

The one I pick on genuinely isn't good enough though tbf! :D

By the way, there was booing when he went off today. Dunno what the craic was there, whether it was dozy fuckers booing him off, or dozy fuckers booing at him being taken off.

Bet they didn't know either.

Both players have pros and cons, Owen is obviously class if he can stay fit (which he purposely doesn't ldo). Martins is never a natural finisher with a football brain; class when he is, but how often is that? I reckon his problem is psychological given his form over the last few games (affected by talk of his form and being benched), but he's always going to be somewhat inconsistent regardless.

I reckon you're ~30% wind-up with Martins. It'd just be nice to have a rational conversation about what the players bring to the side and whether the good outweighs the bad, but this is t'internet, so... :razz:

Honestly, I'm less than 30% wind-up. I focus on him more than any other player, which in a sense is a wind-up, but I genuinely think he was massively over-praised during his first season, and developed a fanbase that was totally out of proportion with his abilities. To me the bloke is just another Benjani or Yakubu. Just an ok striker. If he had come from some unknown club instead of a Serie A one, I think people would find it a lot easier to see him for what he is.

There is so so much missing from his game. If we could get £13m for him in January, I'd be in dreamland. Having said that, if we can use him as a supersub, I'd probably be quite happy. First choice front two for me from now on though is Viduka/Smith + Owen.

The fans were booing the decision to take off Martins in my opinion, i've certainly never heard him get any stick from fans and they just didn't want him subbed. There was also a few wankers (just a very small number i think) that booed "England's Michael Owen" on.

But these days lets be honest there are a certain group of (for want of a better word) supporters who simply aren't happy and haven't had a proper day out at the football unless they've booed some one or something connected to NUFC!

Honestly, I'm less than 30% wind-up. I focus on him more than any other player, which in a sense is a wind-up, but I genuinely think he was massively over-praised during his first season, and developed a fanbase that was totally out of proportion with his abilities. To me the bloke is just another Benjani or Yakubu. Just an ok striker. If he had come from some unknown club instead of a Serie A one, I think people would find it a lot easier to see him for what he is.

There is so so much missing from his game. If we could get £13m for him in January, I'd be in dreamland. Having said that, if we can use him as a supersub, I'd probably be quite happy. First choice front two for me from now on though is Viduka/Smith + Owen.

Aye, 30% was a bit optimistic tbf, I was assigning you a range of 15-30%. :razz: Basically I think we pretty much agree on Martins, but you like to go about it a certain way to wind-up certain members, who either don't realise the humour, or are looking for a fight anyway.

Both players have pros and cons, Owen is obviously class if he can stay fit (which he purposely doesn't ldo). Martins is never a natural finisher with a football brain; class when he is, but how often is that? I reckon his problem is psychological given his form over the last few games (affected by talk of his form and being benched), but he's always going to be somewhat inconsistent regardless.

I reckon you're ~30% wind-up with Martins. It'd just be nice to have a rational conversation about what the players bring to the side and whether the good outweighs the bad, but this is t'internet, so... :razz:

You want £13m for a striker you seem to think is dogshit? You are verging on the logic of this yank twat. Give me a list of all strikers with 4 goals thus far, and we'll talk.

You want £13m for a striker you seem to think is dogshit? You are verging on the logic of this yank twat. Give me a list of all strikers with 4 goals thus far, and we'll talk.

I was using £13m as that was the supposed value of the release clause and the number that was being mentioned through the summer. Try quoting the right person next time and we'll talk.

I was using £13m as that was the supposed value of the release clause and the number that was being mentioned through the summer. Try quoting the right person next time and we'll talk.

The right person? You said £13m did you not?

I've been critical of Englands Michael Owen when he's not been playing for us, but for England, but the negativity towards him when he was on the pitch went a bit far yesterday. Nowt that he would have heard or anything, just one off comments about him not chasing a ball (that was going nowhere) or not jumping into a 50-50. More and more he's becoming a hate figure. If he DOES get injured either playing for England or soon after, you'd have to say it'll be the final straw for a lot of fans who'll never accept him.

I'm starting to blame Allardyce for it more than England Michael Owen though, he should be protecting his best player, and if Englands Michael Owen is dictating when he can play either locally or internationally then something is rotten in Denmark.

I've been critical of Englands Michael Owen when he's not been playing for us, but for England, but the negativity towards him when he was on the pitch went a bit far yesterday. Nowt that he would have heard or anything, just one off comments about him not chasing a ball (that was going nowhere) or not jumping into a 50-50. More and more he's becoming a hate figure. If he DOES get injured either playing for England or soon after, you'd have to say it'll be the final straw for a lot of fans who'll never accept him.

I'm starting to blame Allardyce for it more than England Michael Owen though, he should be protecting his best player, and if Englands Michael Owen is dictating when he can play either locally or internationally then something is rotten in Denmark.

Allardyce can't stop Owen playing for England if he isn't injured. And by putting him on yesterday, he showed he was available for selection.

Allardyce can't stop Owen playing for England if he isn't injured. And by putting him on yesterday, he showed he was available for selection.

He's said he encourages it to get Owen up to "match fitness" for Newcastle, but if he's not "match fit" why's he playing a match? Daft term tbh.

He's said he encourages it to get Owen up to "match fitness" for Newcastle, but if he's not "match fit" why's he playing a match? Daft term tbh.

To get fully fit. Owen needs games to be at his best as he's never sharp when he comes back from a spell on the sidelines. Are you saying he should stop him playing for England? If not, what are you saying?

To get fully fit. Owen needs games to be at his best as he's never sharp when he comes back from a spell on the sidelines. Are you saying he should stop him playing for England? If not, what are you saying?

I don't think it would be a bad idea for Allardyce to ask him to take the fortnight to get fully fit in training, rather than in 2 competitive games in 4 days.

I don't think it would be a bad idea for Allardyce to ask him to take the fortnight to get fully fit in training, rather than in 2 competitive games in 4 days.

Which is something Fifa prevents Allardyce from doing. I'd like to think McLaren would have the sense to use Owen sparingly though if he can.

Which is something Fifa prevents Allardyce from doing. I'd like to think McLaren would have the sense to use Owen sparingly though if he can.

Aye, well the number of times Ryan Giggs has sustained slight strains on the eve of a Wales game suggests there are ways around that.

I'd hoped Englands Michael Owen would suffer "a reaction" to his involvement yesterday because if these internationals prove to be close games I can see him figuring in the majority of both (if he lasts them). I can't see him then coming back on the Monday and getting 90 minutes for us against Spurs if it's his third game in just over a week.

Edited by Happy Face

Aye, well the number of times Ryan Giggs has sustained slight strains on the eve of a Wales game suggests there are ways around that.

I'd hoped Englands Michael Owen would suffer "a reaction" to his involvement yesterday because if these internationals prove to be close games I can see him figuring in the majority of both (if he lasts them). I can't see him then coming back on the Monday and getting 90 minutes for us against Spurs if it's his third game in just over a week.

Name an England player who's done that though. Anyway, my main point was to counter your 'blaming' Allardyce, although personally I don't see anyone as being at fault in this in any case.