England Vs Australia

Papa Lazaru

What a performance by England in the rugby to beat the aussies, yet again in a world cup! They were written off by everybody but the pack absolutely destroyed the aussie pack for 80 mins and they just couldn't take it.

So their managers efforts this week failed when he went crying to the ref like a girl saying England would be fouling and that they'd picked Regan because he cheats, and they call us whinging poms, bunch of tarts! :lol:

Yeah your pack killed us all day!

I thought we tipped the odds in the first half but the second was appalling and England completely dominated. When we did have our chances handling errors cost us big time.

Now im firmly on the Fiji and France bandwagon...

I thought we tipped the odds in the first half but the second was appalling and England completely dominated. When we did have our chances handling errors cost us big time.

I was still shitting it at 12-10 because it only takes one break from the likes of Mortlock, Latham et al and a try kills it for us! But the handling errors, often forced by the England forward were crucial.

I think England's best hope now is for France to do what they sometimes can and produce a one off great performance to beat the all blacks, and then folow it with a completely inconsistent effort against England and lose!

I was still shitting it at 12-10 because it only takes one break from the likes of Mortlock, Latham et al and a try kills it for us! But the handling errors, often forced by the England forward were crucial.

I think England's best hope now is for France to do what they sometimes can and produce a one off great performance to beat the all blacks, and then folow it with a completely inconsistent effort against England and lose!

New Zealand are prone to choking in the finals (much like us of late) and you never know with France. They could be there or there abouts and they should also be playing in front of a home crowd. Dont know why it is in Wales?

I can't see the French getting one over on the All Blacks, nor us....

Whilst today's result is a great effort, we shouldn't forget what happened to us against the Springboks. We're not the same force we were 4 years ago and I very much doubt we'll get much further.

I can't see the French getting one over on the All Blacks, nor us....

Whilst today's result is a great effort, we shouldn't forget what happened to us against the Springboks. We're not the same force we were 4 years ago and I very much doubt we'll get much further.

Don't understand the first statement. Are you saying France wouldn't beat us, or we wouldn't beat New Zealand?

That we wouldnt beat New Zealand surely.

That's ok then. Both France and New Zealand would easily beat us, regardless of whether Wilkinson was playing or not.

Anyone else worried that there is nobody of Wilkinson's quality coming through?

That's ok then. Both France and New Zealand would easily beat us, regardless of whether Wilkinson was playing or not.

Anyone else worried that there is nobody of Wilkinson's quality coming through?

He's pretty much a one off but hopefully Flood will be learning from him at the Falcons and can step up a gear in the next few years.

We could beat france, not guarenteeing we would but they're nothing amazing and as has been shown already are beatable.

Also New Zealand have been nailed on dead cert absolute favourites to win every single world cup since it began and they have only ever won it once, no matter how good they are, they tend to either choke or cock it up some how. Last time they said their reserves could win the world cup, and they went out to the aussies in the semis, so you can't ever guarentee they'll do it.

Told you New Zealand usually cock it up, now i just hope my other suggestion of France doing the all blacks then playing badly against us comes true!

Will be a hell of a semi final and the Northern Hemisphere teams have certainly fought back today!

:lol:

Think we'd beat the French though...

I certainly hope so now!!

I still think we'll beat them.....

Doubt we'd beat South Africa though

:mellow:

We'll get revenge on them in the final, having cunningly lulled them into a false sense of security by being complete dogshite against them in the group game! :lol:

We'll get revenge on them in the final, having cunningly lulled them into a false sense of security by being complete dogshite against them in the group game! :lol:

The tactical masterplan also involved being shit for the last three years. :P

Oh it was a big plan, devised literally seconds after Johnny kicked the winning drop goal and everyone round the rugby world has fallen for it completely!

Oh it was a big plan, devised literally seconds after Johnny kicked the winning drop goal and everyone round the rugby world has fallen for it completely!

And all those fake injuries have kept Johnny nice and fresh in between tournaments (feel Michael Owen might have got wind of that one though).

we have an Oztralian coming to stay for three days today - oh JOY!

and another texted from Cairo to say it wasn't important as Union is only played by middle class pseuds in Perth & Queensland - which didn't explain why they'd made a big effort to watch it on local TV.......

They DO take losing so BADLY.....................................

we have an Oztralian coming to stay for three days today - oh JOY!

and another texted from Cairo to say it wasn't important as Union is only played by middle class pseuds in Perth & Queensland - which didn't explain why they'd made a big effort to watch it on local TV.......

They DO take losing so BADLY.....................................

Thats 3 times now in world cups that England have manged to suddenly make it an unimportant sport for the aussies!

To be fair its losing to us they take badly i think! :razz: