Dennis Bergkamp 'Memories' Compilation

Tooj

0723_A35.jpg

What higher praise can I reap upon this man? Came to this country really during the culture of drinking, gambling, lack of fitness regimes etc

One of the pioneers of the modern day Premier League for myself, came over here and showed us all how the game should be played. IMO the best technical player The Premiership has seen and for that matter the greatest outfield foreign player it has also seen, criminally underrated. I mean in his own country it's rated Cruijff>Van Basten>Bergkamp, that's how good the man actually was.

A true genius in every sense of the word, probably the best vision I've seen in my lifetime, the ability to weight the perfect pass, superb and cool finishing under pressure. One of my all time favourite players to watch, folks I give you Memories Of Dennis Bergkamp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpcoJ0edUgc

:lol:

If I wanted to see that rat-faced cheating fecker I'd go to an arsenal forum, good player but not the sort thing I want to see on here.

I think 2J's been around a lot longer than you to have a better idea of content.

If I wanted to see that rat-faced cheating fecker I'd go to an arsenal forum, good player but not the sort thing I want to see on here.

I think 2J's been around a lot longer than you to have a better idea of content.

Oh, okay then, really sorry to upset your cliqué... and there was me thinking that was more of a problem on the 'other' forum, I forget you've got to be a long term member with a post count of multiple thousand to express an opinion. :razz:

Oh, okay then, really sorry to upset your cliqué... and there was me thinking that was more of a problem on the 'other' forum, I forget you've got to be a long term member with a post count of multiple thousand to express an opinion. :razz:

Glad you understand. :D

This would have never happend if we had a seperate football forum. :razz:

But it did and has, evidently there's 'football fans' and 'newcastle fans', Bergkamp was technically a great player, a cheat but a great player. Personally though I wouldn't want to celebrate him on a forum supposedly aimed at Newcastle United fans, I don't see what he's got to do with our team. The point's moot anyways, unless you're in the 'inside circle' this isn't the place to be.

But it did and has, evidently there's 'football fans' and 'newcastle fans', Bergkamp was technically a great player, a cheat but a great player. Personally though I wouldn't want to celebrate him on a forum supposedly aimed at Newcastle United fans, I don't see what he's got to do with our team. The point's moot anyways, unless you're in the 'inside circle' this isn't the place to be.

Bollocks!

You come out with an argumentative comment like you did and if anyone bites back, it's automatically because you're not part of "the cliqué". There is no cliqué, if any of the regulars had made that comment it'd have been challenged.

Bergkamp was sly, but he was also an awesome player - one of the best this league has ever seen. The goal he scored against us in 2002 will go down as one of the best ever.

There is no cliqué, if any of the regulars had made that comment it'd have been challenged.

Hell, if any of the regulars had made that comment, one of us smartarses would have been straight in to point out the superfluous acute accent. I say he's got off lightly. :razz:

Great player but also a sly dirty bastard. Cowardly fouls all the time that went unnoticed by the ref, backing onto peoples toes etc

Sums him perfectly up to be honest. An amazing player to watch and you'd love him in your team, but spent alot of time elbowing, stamping and sly digs at players throughout his career.

Bollocks!

You come out with an argumentative comment like you did and if anyone bites back, it's automatically because you're not part of "the cliqué". There is no cliqué, if any of the regulars had made that comment it'd have been challenged.

Bergkamp was sly, but he was also an awesome player - one of the best this league has ever seen. The goal he scored against us in 2002 will go down as one of the best ever.

Still doesn't change the fact that this is supposedly a 'newcastle' forum and Bergkamp has got feck all to do with our team.

As a member of this forum (feel free to be surprised that I've been her for a while) I know I don't post as regularly as some but I would say there is a certain element of having a 'cliqué', that said it is understandable that you'd get a reasonable one from having some 'regulars' who dominate most threads. Most of you lot are a decent bunch, apologises for upseting those who aren't.

On a side note you should really consider having a seperate forum where you can drool over players/historical figures from other football teams, personally I'm a newcastle fan and as such couldn't give a flying dogs cock about other teams or stuff to do with them, you'll be putting up a compilation of Roy 'dog wanker' Keane next.

I preferred Zola myself, not taking anything away from Bergkamp though.

Zola was like an itallian Beardsley. He had the skill and technique combined with hard work, great team player and a top bloke as well, always one of my favourite non toon players and you could not have a bad word against him!