Dennis Bergkamp 'Memories' Compilation

Tooj

I preferred Zola myself, not taking anything away from Bergkamp though.

Zola was like an itallian Beardsley. He had the skill and technique combined with hard work, great team player and a top bloke as well, always one of my favourite non toon players and you could not have a bad word against him!

He's ugly like.

Zola was like an itallian Beardsley. He had the skill and technique combined with hard work, great team player and a top bloke as well, always one of my favourite non toon players and you could not have a bad word against him!

He's ugly like.

Yep, he definitely differs from Beardo (God) in this regard... :razz:

He's ugly like.

Maybe Mr. Beardsley senior once had a holiday in Italy and put it about a bit!

This would have never happend if we had a seperate football forum. :razz:

But it did and has, evidently there's 'football fans' and 'newcastle fans', Bergkamp was technically a great player, a cheat but a great player. Personally though I wouldn't want to celebrate him on a forum supposedly aimed at Newcastle United fans, I don't see what he's got to do with our team. The point's moot anyways, unless you're in the 'inside circle' this isn't the place to be.

Bollocks!

You come out with an argumentative comment like you did and if anyone bites back, it's automatically because you're not part of "the cliqué". There is no cliqué, if any of the regulars had made that comment it'd have been challenged.

Bergkamp was sly, but he was also an awesome player - one of the best this league has ever seen. The goal he scored against us in 2002 will go down as one of the best ever.

Still doesn't change the fact that this is supposedly a 'newcastle' forum and Bergkamp has got feck all to do with our team.

As a member of this forum (feel free to be surprised that I've been her for a while) I know I don't post as regularly as some but I would say there is a certain element of having a 'cliqué', that said it is understandable that you'd get a reasonable one from having some 'regulars' who dominate most threads. Most of you lot are a decent bunch, apologises for upseting those who aren't.

On a side note you should really consider having a seperate forum where you can drool over players/historical figures from other football teams, personally I'm a newcastle fan and as such couldn't give a flying dogs cock about other teams or stuff to do with them, you'll be putting up a compilation of Roy 'dog wanker' Keane next.

If, as you say you have, you have been around here for a while, you'll know that we've twice trialed the idea of a seperate football forum only for it unanimously be given the thumbs down on both occassions.

If all you want to hear about is Newcastle United, then only open those threads. It was fairly indicative from the title what this thread was about and seeing as there's no rule here to post 'only NUFC related' stuff in this forum, there's nothing wrong with Jonny posting it.

Heaven forbid if you do manage to open a non-NUFC related thread, you could always exercise the right not to reply.

Zola couldn't lace Bergkmap's boots man Ally, then again everyone knows I've always felt he was overrated by the English compared to his Italian counterparts.

This would have never happend if we had a seperate football forum. :razz:

But it did and has, evidently there's 'football fans' and 'newcastle fans', Bergkamp was technically a great player, a cheat but a great player. Personally though I wouldn't want to celebrate him on a forum supposedly aimed at Newcastle United fans, I don't see what he's got to do with our team. The point's moot anyways, unless you're in the 'inside circle' this isn't the place to be.

Bollocks!

You come out with an argumentative comment like you did and if anyone bites back, it's automatically because you're not part of "the cliqué". There is no cliqué, if any of the regulars had made that comment it'd have been challenged.

Bergkamp was sly, but he was also an awesome player - one of the best this league has ever seen. The goal he scored against us in 2002 will go down as one of the best ever.

Still doesn't change the fact that this is supposedly a 'newcastle' forum and Bergkamp has got feck all to do with our team.

As a member of this forum (feel free to be surprised that I've been her for a while) I know I don't post as regularly as some but I would say there is a certain element of having a 'cliqué', that said it is understandable that you'd get a reasonable one from having some 'regulars' who dominate most threads. Most of you lot are a decent bunch, apologises for upseting those who aren't.

On a side note you should really consider having a seperate forum where you can drool over players/historical figures from other football teams, personally I'm a newcastle fan and as such couldn't give a flying dogs cock about other teams or stuff to do with them, you'll be putting up a compilation of Roy 'dog wanker' Keane next.

If, as you say you have, you have been around here for a while, you'll know that we've twice trialed the idea of a seperate football forum only for it unanimously be given the thumbs down on both occassions.

If all you want to hear about is Newcastle United, then only open those threads. It was fairly indicative from the title what this thread was about and seeing as there's no rule here to post 'only NUFC related' stuff in this forum, there's nothing wrong with Jonny posting it.

Heaven forbid if you do manage to open a non-NUFC related thread, you could always exercise the right not to reply.

That's a better response, I'm satiated :D

Can we not appreciate true genius when we see it regardless of who they are playing for?

Personally I love football first and foremost the joy it gives me playing and watching the game.

Bergkamp great player as was Zola, Cantona, Keane:blink: yes I hated some of them but I would of had them at Newcastle in a heart beat.

Great vid by the way ;)

Always will remember that goal in 1998 vs. Argentina. Best goal of that tournament, tbh.

I'm willing to be most of the English media will disagree with you on that one ;)

Always will remember that goal in 1998 vs. Argentina. Best goal of that tournament, tbh.

I'm willing to be most of the English media will disagree with you on that one :icon_lol:

Biggest compliment you could give him. ;)

I'm willing to be most of the English media will disagree with you on that one ;)

:icon_lol: Because they're biased. Owens was a great goal, but at best it was 3rd behind Bergkamps and that Cameroonian guy's goal against Austria.

Edited by Zathras

Guest Patrokles

I'm willing to be most of the English media will disagree with you on that one :icon_lol:

Biggest compliment you could give him. ;)

STOP TALKING ABOUT OWEN AND ENGLAND FFS.

:icon_lol: Because they're biased. Owens was a great goal, but at best it was 3rd behind Bergkamps and that Cameroonian guy's goal against Austria.

Bergkamp's goal against Argentina was better than Owens I'd say, infact there's no doubt about it.