Newcastle United VS Everton FC

Tom

Geremi has done a job in the CL for Real Madrid at right mid. Milner in my opinion may need a bit of a rest. You can't improve without taking a rest every now and then, the lad play way more games last season than one so young should. Mentally more than anything, being on the bench for a few weeks could do him good and he may get some of that freshness back.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think Milner needs a rest at all... all he needs is a proper run in his best position: Right Midfield. Has been poor of late, but did well in the first half against Man City. There's been too much messing around with him playing on the left with Zoggy just behind, and then switching them yesterday, which has been a big factor towards his poor displays.

We just need to cut the crap and play both him and Zog in their natural position.

Emre won us the game, top class performance when he came on.

Concurred. I'm beginning to wonder whether both he and Barton may work in the centre together. Geremi needs to be pushed out on the right (Milner's lack of pace is beginning to get on my nerves) and Butt should be dropped.

Geremi's the one that needs dropping tbh. He'll be far less use than Milner on the wing anyway.

Very very wrong

:razz: You're not at work now mate. I don't need my posts marking. :D

I thought Geremi had a decent game yesterday and moved the ball around well, he plays a similar sort of way as Gilberto at Arsenal in that he keeps it simple and tries to keep the game ticking over, I don't think it's helped the midfield with Barton being injured and us not having someone to link midfield and attack.

Milner on the other hand is a decent squad player but we should be looking for better, far too slow and he doesn't have the ability on the ball to make up for it.

Geremi was poor yesterday imo. Has been for a while tbh.

Concurred. I'm beginning to wonder whether both he and Barton may work in the centre together. Geremi needs to be pushed out on the right (Milner's lack of pace is beginning to get on my nerves) and Butt should be dropped.

I thought Butt had a very good game yesterday, I don't like to see wide players not playing on there natural side and I thought Nzogbia let Baines get around the back of him for Evertons first goal too easily, this I think was due to being a left sided player on the right.

Faye and Cacapa looked very good in the middle and Enrique looks like a very good left back.

All n all a good win and I think we are moving in the right direction, hopefully with the return of Emre, Barton and Duff this will give us the creative spark that we have been missing.

I thought Butt had a very good game yesterday, I don't like to see wide players not playing on there natural side and I thought Nzogbia let Baines get around the back of him for Evertons first goal too easily, this I think was due to being a left sided player on the right.

Faye and Cacapa looked very good in the middle and Enrique looks like a very good left back.

All n all a good win and I think we are moving in the right direction, hopefully with the return of Emre, Barton and Duff this will give us the creative spark that we have been missing.

Agree with all that. I thought that switching Milner and N'Zogbia to their 'wrong' sides for much of the game was an attempt to make them play narrower and make the midfield more compact but it probably had a negative effect defensively, especially for their first goal. Although Everton did get a couple of lucky breaks in midfield in the build-up to it iirc.