Spuds want Given

duckerDavies

I don't know what's more laughable, the idea of us selling him to Spurs or a Spuds fan picking at the fact Given put the ball in his own net....

Glass houses and stones - silly arseholes!

People are gonna think some of us are mad for possibly letting Given go after all these years of fine service. The way I see it is that Given is one of the finest shot-stoppers I have ever seen. Command of his area and kicking are two of his weaknesses however. The EPL gets more physical year by year, and Given has shone for us because of how shite the defence was and how many shots on goal he had to deal with and he dealt with them fine. If our defence is going to be more rock solid under Sam, more reliable, better at dealing with the physicality of the EPL, then I'd like a goalie who is not only a good shot-stopper, but has a good command of his area and hefty but accurate boot on him.

Edited by bassplayerjj

If they want to spend daft money on him I reckon Allardyce might be tempted to sell him and get Jaskeleinen (sp?) in.

Deffo, thats what I've been thinking. I reckon he's been getting a good look at Harper and has realised there's not much between them so if a big money offer came in for Given he'd let him go.

Maybe he sees him as to small for a keeper

If they want to spend daft money on him I reckon Allardyce might be tempted to sell him and get Jaskeleinen (sp?) in.

Deffo, thats what I've been thinking. I reckon he's been getting a good look at Harper and has realised there's not much between them so if a big money offer came in for Given he'd let him go.

i think given is streets ahead personally. although fair play to harper, he did do well recently and was unlucky not to keep his place. it's not that he played bad, just that given is rightly our number one.

i think given is streets ahead personally. although fair play to harper, he did do well recently and was unlucky not to keep his place. it's not that he played bad, just that given is rightly our number one.

taken as given? :razz:

I prefer Given but tbh there is not a lot between them and maybe sam sees this and would rather have the cash to strengthen elsewhere. How much would we get for Given? If the mackems (over)paid 9 mil for that streak of piss Given has got be worth big money 6 million?

I don't know what's more laughable, the idea of us selling him to Spurs or a Spuds fan picking at the fact Given put the ball in his own net....

It's not as if we haven't sold good players to them in the past.

I wouldn't be against using him as a bargaining tool to get someone like Lennon if Allardyce can pick Jussi up on the cheap in January.

It's not as if we haven't sold good players to them in the past.

I wouldn't be against using him as a bargaining tool to get someone like Lennon if Allardyce can pick Jussi up on the cheap in January.

Agreed, that Bale is looking like the signing of the season to me, never stops with an eye for goal

your all absolutely mad. Dont think just cos our defence is slightly better we can get rid of given. It will never happen. Jasskelinnen is pants in comparison. PS who said the defence was better? conceeded 5 in last 2 games :razz:

Given is awesome, dont get complacent and dont think we dont need him anymore.

Edited by JaMoUsE

I reckon Sam may think of cashing in on Shay too. Apparently that Fraser Forster is one hell of a prospect an'aal. He may give Harper a season or two in goal before hoying either him or Krul in the deep end.

I might be posting on the wrong forum ( :razz: but my ITK source told me the following on Sunday:

Juski's signing has already been agreed. Given will be leaving in Jan for big fee (although he is having a new house built for himself near Morpeth)

Harper's agent had offers from Derby, Smoggs and Reading as soon as he was dropped for Given.

And best of all: it's written into Given's contract that if he is fully fit, he plays!!

Right lads, feel free to rip this post to bits (although my source is quite sound) :D

I might be posting on the wrong forum ( :razz: but my ITK source told me the following on Sunday:

Juski's signing has already been agreed. Given will be leaving in Jan for big fee (although he is having a new house built for himself near Morpeth)

Harper's agent had offers from Derby, Smoggs and Reading as soon as he was dropped for Given.

And best of all: it's written into Given's contract that if he is fully fit, he plays!!

Right lads, feel free to rip this post to bits (although my source is quite sound) :D

Disappointing if true.

I can't say that any of that seems realistic, though I suppose we'll find out.

your all absolutely mad. Dont think just cos our defence is slightly better we can get rid of given. It will never happen. Jasskelinnen is pants in comparison. PS who said the defence was better? conceeded 5 in last 2 games :razz:

I can't take you seriously because you used that word sorry.

I can't take you seriously because you used that word sorry.

It was spot on before that anarl.