All Browsers Running Slow In Vista

Tooj

Now gents,

Since my recent upgrade to Vista whenever I've tried using several browsers and in all of them the internet seems to be running ridiculously slow, however if I use webpages say inside the browser of my torrent program (BitComet) it seems to run smooth as anything. :razz:

In particular the loading of images is ridiculously slow, even if I've just viewed the webpage a minute or so earlier, so for example being on this forum the smilies seem to load ridiculously slow, so it's becoming a right pain.

I am using a Wireless network however and my card I've got is a Linksys WMP54G Wireless-G PCI Adapter.

Bit of a related question, but tried that test and get a 3meg odd connection downloaded. but youtube, tv-links etc takes ages to load videos. We upgraded our internet to 4 meg the other day from 2, yet has seem to have gotten slower since the upgrade. Any ideas what could have happened? We're on Virgin by the way

So your slowest spped is through BitComet then which is what you would expect, the problem is obviously between the browser and the monitor. Somewhere in the rendering of the page, have you checked your caching settings?

Bit of a related question, but tried that test and get a 3meg odd connection downloaded. but youtube, tv-links etc takes ages to load videos. We upgraded our internet to 4 meg the other day from 2, yet has seem to have gotten slower since the upgrade. Any ideas what could have happened? We're on Virgin by the way

I'd say its virgin tbh.

but - youtube servers can sometimes be VERY slow to load some of the less popular vids.

Try clicking on a link 500 times to see if it speeds up the loading :razz:

To the Op - There are many settings within windows that can affect browser speeds.

So your slowest spped is through BitComet then which is what you would expect, the problem is obviously between the browser and the monitor. Somewhere in the rendering of the page, have you checked your caching settings?

Caching in Firefox is 50mb if that helps Pud.....

For example everytime I google something the images page doesn't load after the first 2 pictures come up....

3 things to try,

1. Update your display and graphic card drivers.

2. Go into msconfig and post the details here of whats in your Startup.

3. ping this site and post the results. (Accessories>Command prompt> ping toontastic.net)

3 things to try,

1. Update your display and graphic card drivers.

2. Go into msconfig and post the details here of whats in your Startup.

3. ping this site and post the results. (Accessories>Command prompt> ping toontastic.net)

also try this and post the results: Accessories>Command prompt> tracert www.toontastic.net

this will show you how many hops there are between your router and the server and the time taken between each one, this should show where things are slowing up.

well the ping results show two things,

1. your connection is fine, its going through at the normal speed.

2. This site is fast (damn Im good :razz:) its averaging 19ms, nufc.com averages 98ms, newcastle-online 37ms and nufc.co.uk comes in at 18ms.

B)

As for your problem, again its proven that its a PC problem ie in the rendering engine.

The exact same thing started happening to me last night. It was fine previously, using vista too.

I (utterly irrationally) just blame Vista. :D

(actually have you both tried turning off all the aero interface bits and pieces?)

My mates new PC form Dell is just running slow all together but it's ok for browsing the net, any ideas? Takes about 10 minutes to start up

Knowing Dell, probably not enough RAM and 1,000,000 bits of Crapware pre-loaded on it.

My mates new PC form Dell is just running slow all together but it's ok for browsing the net, any ideas? Takes about 10 minutes to start up

Knowing Dell, probably not enough RAM and 1,000,000 bits of Crapware pre-loaded on it.

Sounds about right, I went in and disabled/uninstalled a load of shit and it seems to have cured it