Monday's Football Gossip

Besty

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Aston Villa want to make goalkeeper Scott Carson's loan move from Liverpool a permanent one. (Various)

Sunderland are targeting Manchester United defender Ryan Shawcross, who is currently on loan at Stoke. (Daily Mirror)

Southampton are set to pip Hull and Norwich in the battle to land Middlesbrough defender Andrew Davies. (Daily Mirror)

Birmingham may not be able to afford to offer Maik Taylor a new contract if Blues are relegated this season, with the goalkeeper's current deal ending next summer. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United are stepping up their interest in Sporting Lisbon defender Miguel Veloso and also monitoring Nigeria striker Macauley Chrisantus. (Daily Mail)

Liverpool are eyeing St Etienne's attacking midfielder Pascal Feindouno. (Daily Mail)

Rangers striker Nacho Novo says he will consider his future in January if he fails to break into the first-team at Ibrox. (Daily Express)

OTHER GOSSIP

Birmingham manager Steve Bruce has been told not to expect a new contract when Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung pushes through his £50m takeover of the club in November. (Daily Star)

Chelsea manager Avram Grant had to placate Andriy Shevchenko in the dressing room after the Champions League win over Valencia because the striker wanted to know why he had remained an unused substitute. (The Guardian)

Tottenham goalkeeper Paul Robinson was deemed to be at fault for the first goal in Sunday's 2-2 draw with Liverpool, which has increased the pressure on England boss Steve McClaren to axe him for this month's Euro 2008 qualifiers. (The Sun)

Spurs boss Martin Jol has backed Robinson to play for England. (Daily Mirror)

Wolves keeper Wayne Hennessey hopes to be fit for Wales' Euro 2008 qualifiers against Cyprus and San Marino, despite bruising a hip against Coventry. (The Sun)

Iain Dowie has vowed to battle on as Coventry boss, despite the resignation of the man who brought him to the club - managing director Paul Fletcher. (Various)

Southampton legend and ex-playmaker Matt Le Tissier says his lack of fitness may have stopped him making it to the first-team in the current game, despite his talent. (Times)

West Ham keeper Robert Green is bemused at being overlooked by England manager Steve McClaren. (Daily Express)

France winger Frank Ribery believes group rivals Scotland will have only themselves to blame if they fail to qualify for Euro 2008. (Daily Record)

Scotland midfielder Paul Hartley has been ruled out of the crucial Euro 2008 qualifiers against Ukraine and Georgia after suffering a hamstring strain in Celtic's 2-1 victory against Gretna.

AND FINALLY

Reading winger Glen Little delayed his flight home from Sweden following Achilles tendon surgery because of a deep vein thrombosis scare. (The Sun)

Former Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock's wife Sharon gave him a hint to return to management last week. He walked into his kitchen to see her cutting a 10% off voucher from a packet of cereal and he said: "I know I am out of work but that is a bit over the top, isn't it?" (Daily Mirror)

House prices in a road named after a Hull City hero in the North Humberside suburb of Hessle - Windass Court, in recognition of striker Dean - have risen by 125% in just over four years. (Daily Mirror)

rumour I heard: glenn roeder might take over at QPR.

their season can't get any worse, surely? might give the little man some confidence too, he has some experience with saving teams from relegation. some experience with getting teams relegated too tho if I'm honest.

rumour I heard: glenn roeder might take over at QPR.

their season can't get any worse, surely? might give the little man some confidence too, he has some experience with saving teams from relegation. some experience with getting teams relegated too tho if I'm honest.

Welcome to last Wednesday!

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=16261