Kid Rock

Guest James_coDurham

Guest James_coDurham
I have heard a few of his tracks in the past and thought - ok. Downloaded his new album based on the vitriolic responses in this thread.

Played the whole album form start to finish - no skipping.

I have to say it's pretty poor like. It's not sure what it's trying to be. Jamesyou described it as southern rock - it's really not. If you want Southern Rock try the Black Crowes. Now there's a southern band with plenty of talent. Some of the songs are blatant rip-offs. On one song he basically steals Sweet Home Alabama and rips its guts out. I don't just mean the chorus, I mean the guitar solo, the piano solo, the chorus and part of the premise for the song.

It's like he's trying to be something he's not. It's like Pop but trying to be 'more Rock' but throwing in a mess of other styles. The mix of styles when done properly sounds quite refreshing but done poorly sounds like an album with multiple split personalities.

He has popularity I'll give you that. Popularity does not equal talent though. There are loads of bands who where technically very good but fail to make much of an impact (I can give an example if you like) whereas some people strike a chord with your average (perhaps 'mass market') joe and make it big. James Blunt is a classic example of this. The amount of people in the music industry who have gone on record wondering why JB is so popular).

As for the vitriolic responses, it's something I've noticed on this board. Maybe it's just because I don't visit that often and probably contribute even less, but it seems that sometimes when someone has a strong opinion of something and decides to share it; if it deviates from the 'perceived' line of acceptance it seems to get lambasted.

I'm not saying I agree with James coDuham - because I don't, I just thought I'd share the observation.

Incidentally, I've since deleted the offending album :unsure:

It's not southern rock I was merely stating that it had been southern rock influenced. The Sweet Home Alabama/Werewolves of London mix was clearly intentional and not a rip off, and Kid Rock being described as pop is possibly the most ludicrous thing I've ever read.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you look outside this country he actually is. Would you actually like me to find you a photo of them at the funeral together ffs

so suddenly outside of this country he manifests talent? :unsure:

and Maggies? the vitriol is aimed more at the assertion that Kid Rock is really talented and not just a well marketed product , or James Blunt is the "best singer songwriter of recent times".

that's why I've been giving examples of music that I've liked but have acknowledge their mediocrity.

Actually it's the fact we are all cunts/peniswarts, etc when we disagree with assertion kid cock and james bl©unt are the musical messiahs that the vitriol becomes apparent.

No not everyone is those things. Just you.

Excellent, thanks for that thomper - always wanted to be recognised as an individual and not part of the moron collective.

How's the thrush clearing up little girl?

Guest James_coDurham
I think if you look outside this country he actually is. Would you actually like me to find you a photo of them at the funeral together ffs

and Maggies? the vitriol is aimed more at the assertion that Kid Rock is really talented and not just a well marketed product , or James Blunt is the "best singer songwriter of recent times".

that's why I've been giving examples of music that I've liked but have acknowledge their mediocrity.

So when was the last time you saw a Kid Rock album advertised? Were you even aware of this album before this thread?

So when was the last time you saw a Kid Rock album advertised? Were you even aware of this album before this thread?

;)

how is that remotely relevant to Kid Rock's perceived talent?

Guest James_coDurham

;)

how is that remotely relevant to Kid Rock's perceived talent?

It's completely relevant to you referring to him as a well marketed product.

Guest James_coDurham
Let me get this straight. Cash and Rock were best mates, because Cash never stopped Rock from coming to his funeral? :unsure:

Rock scale...

Fraggle>Chris>Marsden>Blackpool>Poodle>Kid

Sorry, I'll go back in time and install phone taps etc, should i?

Word foo's.

I hear u been goin round dissin me n' my homeboi James over in da big D. Now u better be breakin' yo'selves nigga's because heres da deal. I is da major pimp in da world of Southern Rock n' if u can't see dat den you be blind motherfucker! Blind! I ain't just some inbred country bad ass who can lay down phat beats, but I be a major P.I.M.P 2.

I've ghetto blasted Pamela Anderson wit my pasty white needle dick n' that ho was all up in dis house loving it. None of you can claim to have done dat, apart from my main man n' major ghetto splitter SMO in dis house.

I be tonk as fuck so me n' my main man Johnny Cash will come round and kick yo' asses if yo' dare 2 speak 'bout me in dis way again.

Guest James_coDurham
Anyone who is a fan of someone who shags Pamela The Tunnel Anderson to increase their profile needs a damn good thrashing.

To increase his profile? He's a household name in the USA.

Word foo's.

I hear u been goin round dissin me n' my homeboi James over in da big D. Now u better be breakin' yo'selves nigga's because heres da deal. I is da major pimp in da world of Southern Rock n' if u can't see dat den you be blind motherfucker! Blind! I ain't just some inbred country bad ass who can lay down phat beats, but I be a major P.I.M.P 2.

I've ghetto blasted Pamela Anderson wit my pasty white needle dick n' that ho was all up in dis house loving it. None of you can claim to have done dat, apart from my main man n' major ghetto splitter SMO in dis house.

I be tonk as fuck so me n' my main man Johnny Cash will come round and kick yo' asses if yo' dare 2 speak 'bout me in dis way again.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa mother fucker!

Alreet Wacky! :unsure:

Guest James_coDurham
Anyone who is a fan of someone who shags Pamela The Tunnel Anderson to increase their profile needs a damn good thrashing.

U can kiss my grits boi! U never diss someones ho!

Do u n ur man SMO go 2 Aldi togeva cos u cnt afford da Heinz baked beanz dude?

Word foo's.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa mother fucker!

Alreet Wacky! :unsure:

I aint no midget from Byker, u honky foo'!

U can kiss my grits boi! U never diss someones ho!

Do u n ur man SMO go 2 Aldi togeva cos u cnt afford da Heinz baked beanz dude?

Why no luv, brotha? Aint you meant 2 be on my side?

He's a household word for shite you mean.

Guest James_coDurham

No, I don't mean that, if I did, I would have said it, you funny little man.

James.................your craic is shite mate. :unsure:

Guest James_coDurham

James.................your craic is shite mate. ;)

So is yours. All you harp on about is girls (compensating for not having a real life reputation with the ladies) and shopping at Aldi. I can't even think of a lower class supermarket. I actually can't :unsure:

James.................your craic is shite mate. ;)

So is yours. All you harp on about is girls (compensating for not having a real life reputation with the ladies) and shopping at Aldi. I can't even think of a lower class supermarket. I actually can't :unsure:

Kwik Save.