The Sun are really trying to shit stir

Jimbo

sportindexsplash369564alr0.jpg

By SHAUN CUSTIS

THE simmering tension between Michael Owen and his Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce stretches back nearly two years.

SunSport can reveal Owen is still privately hurt by comments Allardyce made before the last World Cup.

Part of the reason why he is so determined to play in England’s Euro qualifier double-header against Estonia and Russia is he wants to prove Big Sam wrong.

Allardyce, then Bolton manager, wrote off Owen at the start of Germany 2006.

He claimed he should be left out of the opener against Paraguay as he had not sufficiently recovered from injury.

Owen had broken a metatarsal against Tottenham on New Year’s Eve and made only one fleeting appearance for the rest of the season.

Allardyce then commented: “If I was England manager, I would forget about Michael Owen.”

But Owen was determined to take part and unhappy with Allardyce’s comments.

Ironically, he now finds himself in a similar situation. Battling to prove he can play for England — this time just 10 days after a major stomach and groin op — despite Allardyce’s reservations.

A source said: “At the time, Michael did not take what Sam said very well. He never forgets who said what about him.

“Even though it was a year-and-a-half ago, Sam is saying similar things to what he said then.”

Owen did line up against Paraguay, only to be subbed early.

Later he was ruled out for almost a year after rupturing his right knee against Sweden.

That is why Allardyce feels Owen should be wary now.

The Sun are so childish. :razz: It'll still get some thickos hot under the collar about "England's Michael Owen" though, the thick arseholes.

:D Right on cue! :D

In what way is 1 year 4 months nearly 2 years? :razz: Shows how fucking gullible the average Sun reader is by them even trying to get away with that.

I fucking hate the red tops. Anyone who buys them deserves what they get. (Unless its a note from one bought in Durham bus station).

lol that showed some genius business enterprise and I really was hoping to see more similar stories to this one!

I fucking hate the red tops. Anyone who buys them deserves what they get. (Unless its a note from one bought in Durham bus station).

lol that showed some genius business enterprise and I really was hoping to see more similar stories to this one!

I found a note stuck to a bus timetable at a bus stop in Newton hall just on the outskirts of Durham a while back, same name and number, mentioned it to one of the lads at work(tesco) and one dropped out of a copy of a lads mag he was perusing, same person as well, he had more balls than me and got in contact with her, wanted 300 quid, fuck that he said, she must write hundreds of the feckers and plaster them all over Durham lol.