Michael Owen and his relationship with the toon fans

Guest stevieintoon

Owen  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest stevieintoon

Was talking to a lass the other day who doesn't tell lies. Her cousin went to a talk in where Michael Owen was on last week.

Apparently someone stood up, and gans "I haven't got a question, I've just got a statement for you Michael. I want you to understand that the majority of Newcastle United fans don't care about you, and we think that is reciprocated by yourself. All you were ever bothered about was England, and I think everybody would be happy if we parted company, as it would be the best for all concerned."

Well over half the people in the hall cheered. Now to be honest, nothing gets on my nerves more than people saying "get behind Owen", he's had nothing but support from the toon fans, not from me though, I've never disliked a player more who's pulled on the black and white shirt more than him. Initially it was for childish reasons I suppose, why talk about Liverpool as a toon player, fuck England as well. When he scored against Everton, why cock your hand to your ear at the Gallowgate for any other reason than to wind the toon fans up?

He's a little nobhead, and the sooner he fuxx off to dippersville the better for all concerned. I listen to my doctor but not the people who pay me over £440,000 a month. Little Welsh cunt. I hope you're reading this Owen you're suited to the vermin, fuck off.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Micheal Owen is 100% quality. I am over the moon he is playing for us. If he is getting a negative vibe from some supporters I'm sad to hear it. As a professional footballer, I'm convinced he is 100% committed to playing for us - as he would be for whichever club he played for.

As for cocking his ear to the Gallowgate, I missed when he did this. If he did it on Sunday, I would be surprised if he wasn't referring to the fact that the 'header' came off his ear.

As to going to Liverpool - no chance; they have their four strikers now.

Far superior to Martins and better than we are likely to get as a replacement should he leave. Hope he proves the doubters wrong as he could be a huge player for the club, fitness permitting. That last bit being the main problem. His attitude on the pitch for us has been spot on though.

He could do better on the PR-side re: Newcastle though. Not so much the recent comments that so much has been made of, rather things he hasn't said about being fully committed. I'd be gutted if he was forced out by an element within the fans. The same fucking muppets who sing the names of very average players, i.e. Steven Taylor, no doubt.

Far superior to Martins and better than we are likely to get as a replacement should he leave. Hope he proves the doubters wrong as he could be a huge player for the club, fitness permitting. That last bit being the main problem. His attitude on the pitch for us has been spot on though.

He could do better on the PR-side re: Newcastle though. Not so much the recent comments that so much has been made of, rather things he hasn't said about being fully committed. I'd be gutted if he was forced out by an element within the fans. The same fucking muppets who sing the names of very average players, i.e. Steven Taylor, no doubt.

OMG!!!!!1111 DISSING STEVIE T LOCAL HEERO GEORDIE SOOPASTAR AND ENGLAND CAPTAIN IN THE FUTURE !!111 :razz::D

Fuck all the Owen haters, hes fucking quality, just wait until he gets back to full fitness (dunno when that will be) but when he's 100% fit he can score against anyone on his day!!!!

Track record shows that we have little hope there. Expensive trophy signing, not delivered goods, £12 mill for him in January, big Shola will finally step out of the shadows. :razz:

Fuck all the Owen haters, hes fucking quality, just wait until he gets back to full fitness (dunno when that will be) but when he's 100% fit he can score against anyone on his day!!!!

Is that on his day release from hospital?

Guest stevieintoon

He could do better on the PR side re: Newcastle????!?!?!!?!?!? That's the biggest understatement I've ever seen since Alan Oliver wrote, "my colleagues in France tell me Ginola is quite a tricky winger". He's an arsehole who cares more about England, and his "world wide status". The same muppets???!! People like me who kept the club going in in the late 80's and early 90's, who valued players like David McCreery more than any prima donna's who didn't fuck about the club. Steven Taylor's heart is in the club, he's committed, if we never win fuck all I don't care as long as I see people giving everything they've got for the club, on and off the pitch like he does, rather than more talented people who use the club as nothing other than a platform for supposedly bigger things (England). It's not a hard job is it?

Track record shows that we have little hope there. Expensive trophy signing, not delivered goods, £12 mill for him in January, big Shola will finally step out of the shadows. :razz:

Not delivering the goods? Hasn't he scored about 9 in 16 or summat ??

£12m for him? No chance.

The only problem with ikkle Mickey is his injury problem. And the VAST majority of the perceived problem in this regard is due to ONE injury picked up in the World Cup - an injury that is unlikely (hopes) to happen on a regular basis.

He could do better on the PR side re: Newcastle????!?!?!!?!?!? That's the biggest understatement I've ever seen since Alan Oliver wrote, "my colleagues in France tell me Ginola is quite a tricky winger". He's an arsehole who cares more about England, and his "world wide status". The same muppets???!! People like me who kept the club going in in the late 80's and early 90's, who valued players like David McCreery more than any prima donna's who didn't fuck about the club. Steven Taylor's heart is in the club, he's committed, if we never win fuck all I don't care as long as I see people giving everything they've got for the club, on and off the pitch like he does, rather than more talented people who use the club as nothing other than a platform for supposedly bigger things (England). It's not a hard job is it?

Aye, people like you. :razz: Fucking hell Stevie man, calm down. The likes of Taylor will get us fucking nowhere, which is why Allardyce sees him, quite rightly, as the number 4 centre-half. The likes of Owen will give us a chance of winning things. I'll leave it at that because I've got time for you mate.

I've never got this Owen 4 England thing, reckon it's a load of shit personally.

He got a load of grief for not coming out and declaring himself commited to the toon when Shepherd tried to force him, if I was Owen I'd have done exactly the same.

And I'd do the same about taking the doctors word about playing over anyone at NUFC or England.

He's his own man, makes his own decisions and I respect that.

Why the fuck were all those fans at a Michael Owen talkin if they think that about him? Obviously not fans with the clubs best interests at heart if they are hoping to hound him out. Wankers.

The only thing I worry about is his horses, reckons he is more committed to that game than football having seen that year in the life programme recently. And all that flying about in helicopters, Big Sam should have a look at that!

Go on there Bawan son! :razz:

£12m for him? No chance.

The only problem with ikkle Mickey is his injury problem. And the VAST majority of the perceived problem in this regard is due to ONE injury picked up in the World Cup - an injury that is unlikely (hopes) to happen on a regular basis.

Not delivered the goods in the sense he's played 16 in over two years man. I hope his injury crisis is now over but his fitness record with us is atrocious. Incidentally how many times has he turned out for England in that time? What percentage of our games has he missed, and what percentage of their's? Come on statto's, you know it's better than work!

No question he is "on his day" our most effective forward.

What price Owen in January then? discuss....

I've never got this Owen 4 England thing, reckon it's a load of shit personally.

He got a load of grief for not coming out and declaring himself commited to the toon when Shepherd tried to force him, if I was Owen I'd have done exactly the same.

And I'd do the same about taking the doctors word about playing over anyone at NUFC or England.

He's his own man, makes his own decisions and I respect that.

Why the fuck were all those fans at a Michael Owen talkin if they think that about him? Obviously not fans with the clubs best interests at heart if they are hoping to hound him out. Wankers.

The only thing I worry about is his horses, reckons he is more committed to that game than football having seen that year in the life programme recently. And all that flying about in helicopters, Big Sam should have a look at that!

Very true!!!!

Who the fuck is David McCreery?

Joke btw :razz:

Owen is already proving his worth where it matters. I find it hard to believe that any toon fan would stand up and say that sort of thing to someone of Owens ability.

Although the lass may never tell lies maybe her cousin does? after all theres usually some form of press presence at these things and I would have thought the likes of Anal would have jumped on this (disgraceful fans etc etc)

I couldn't find the

"He's played well enough whenever he was fit, I don't expect every player to be über-Newcastle as long as they play their best on the pitch they can want to play for whomever they fucking like... and steveintoon's frothing dislike for him is becoming tiresome"

option...

Guest stevieintoon

£12m for him? No chance.

Not delivered the goods in the sense he's played 16 in over two years man. I hope his injury crisis is now over but his fitness record with us is atrocious. Incidentally how many times has he turned out for England in that time? What percentage of our games has he missed, and what percentage of their's? Come on statto's, you know it's better than work!

No question he is "on his day" our most effective forward.

What price Owen in January then? discuss....

Swap deal for Bellamy................

Guest stevieintoon
I couldn't find the

"He's played well enough whenever he was fit, I don't expect every player to be über-Newcastle as long as they play their best on the pitch they can want to play for whomever they fucking like... and steveintoon's frothing dislike for him is becoming tiresome"

option...

It's the first time I've mentioned Owen on here pit yacker.

He has been injury prone throughout his career, but yeah not that much more so than most players.

It just here he's had some seriously back luck (frankly look at Shearer too when he came here).

That's not to say he's likely to be playing Speed or Given-esq numbers of games in a season, but equally when he's fit and playing I can't see us getting our hands on anyone nearly as good.

It is just madness to undermine him.