Michael Owen and his relationship with the toon fans

Guest stevieintoon

Owen  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest stevieintoon
The only problem with ikkle Mickey is his injury problem. And the VAST majority of the perceived problem in this regard is due to ONE injury picked up in the World Cup - an injury that is unlikely (hopes) to happen on a regular basis.

He has been injury prone throughout his career, but yeah not that much more so than most players.

It just here he's had some seriously back luck (frankly look at Shearer too when he came here).

That's not to say he's likely to be playing Speed or Given-esq numbers of games in a season, but equally when he's fit and playing I can't see us getting our hands on anyone nearly as good.

It is just madness to undermine him.

Aye he has, and from his point of view if his luck had been better he wouldn't even be fuckin here now.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be pretty disappointed with a Bellamy for Owen swap. Anelka arriving instead I could take. Although, as I said yesterday, I'd rather see Martins leave and Anelka arrive.

Far superior to Martins and better than we are likely to get as a replacement should he leave. Hope he proves the doubters wrong as he could be a huge player for the club, fitness permitting. That last bit being the main problem. His attitude on the pitch for us has been spot on though.

He could do better on the PR-side re: Newcastle though. Not so much the recent comments that so much has been made of, rather things he hasn't said about being fully committed. I'd be gutted if he was forced out by an element within the fans. The same fucking muppets who sing the names of very average players, i.e. Steven Taylor, no doubt.

Track record shows that we have little hope there. Expensive trophy signing, not delivered goods, £12 mill for him in January, big Shola will finally step out of the shadows. :razz:

Not delivering the goods? Hasn't he scored about 9 in 16 or summat ??

£12m for him? No chance.

The only problem with ikkle Mickey is his injury problem. And the VAST majority of the perceived problem in this regard is due to ONE injury picked up in the World Cup - an injury that is unlikely (hopes) to happen on a regular basis.

10 in 21 tbh, we'd be lucky to get £12 million for him in January too with him only having 18 months left on his contract.

From watching him play he's clearly lost pace, he's had a few chances of going one on one with the keeper but he hasn't got the pace to pull away from defenders anymore, meaning he's had to shoot early from distance, if we could move him on and sign Anelka I'd be all for it as I can't see him signing a new contract here and I think Anelka's a better player anyway.

I can't say I've been that impressed with Owen since he's come back from injury.

In the past I used the "if we could get the same money for either Martins or Owen then Id go with keeping Martins" based on the injury level, now after the last couple of games I firmly believe Id rather have Owen for half the games a season than a fully fit Martins.

I'd be pretty disappointed with a Bellamy for Owen swap. Anelka arriving instead I could take. Although, as I said yesterday, I'd rather see Martins leave and Anelka arrive.

It wont ever happen, but anyway - it can't. A player can't sign for more than one club in a calander year uim??

Far superior to Martins and better than we are likely to get as a replacement should he leave. Hope he proves the doubters wrong as he could be a huge player for the club, fitness permitting. That last bit being the main problem. His attitude on the pitch for us has been spot on though.

He could do better on the PR-side re: Newcastle though. Not so much the recent comments that so much has been made of, rather things he hasn't said about being fully committed. I'd be gutted if he was forced out by an element within the fans. The same fucking muppets who sing the names of very average players, i.e. Steven Taylor, no doubt.

Track record shows that we have little hope there. Expensive trophy signing, not delivered goods, £12 mill for him in January, big Shola will finally step out of the shadows. :razz:

£12m for him? No chance.

10 in 21 tbh, we'd be lucky to get £12 million for him in January too with him only having 18 months left on his contract.

From watching him play he's clearly lost pace, he's had a few chances of going one on one with the keeper but he hasn't got the pace to pull away from defenders anymore, meaning he's had to shoot early from distance, if we could move him on and sign Anelka I'd be all for it as I can't see him signing a new contract here and I think Anelka's a better player anyway.

I can't say I've been that impressed with Owen since he's come back from injury.

That's what he meant I think.

It wont ever happen, but anyway - it can't. A player can't sign for more than one club in a calander year uim??

Only applies to a player who has moved on a Bosman iirc. I.e. can't move on again for 12 months. I think we signed Boumsong because he had signed a pre-contract agreement with Rangers the Jan before. At least I read that somewhere.

Only applies to a player who has moved on a Bosman iirc. I.e. can't move on again for 12 months. I think we signed Boumsong because he had signed a pre-contract agreement with Rangers the Jan before. At least I read that somewhere.

Ok. Cheers.

Guest stevieintoon

Who's signed for more than one club in a callendar year like? Bellamy signed for the m Liverpool July 2006, West Ham July 2007, so he could move in January. It will never happen but I wish it would. Some toon fans are so dense it makes want to bash me heed off the wall.

Sooner he's away from the toon the better.

£12m for him? No chance.

Not delivered the goods in the sense he's played 16 in over two years man. I hope his injury crisis is now over but his fitness record with us is atrocious. Incidentally how many times has he turned out for England in that time? What percentage of our games has he missed, and what percentage of their's? Come on statto's, you know it's better than work!

No question he is "on his day" our most effective forward.

What price Owen in January then? discuss....

Swap deal for Bellamy................

case closed he went to far

Who's signed for more than one club in a callendar year like? Bellamy signed for the m Liverpool July 2006, West Ham July 2007, so he could move in January. It will never happen but I wish it would. Some toon fans are so dense it makes want to bash me heed off the wall.

:razz::D:D

The sooner he's off, the better eh? How come you are always fucking right (apart from L.B, that is) and everyone else has got it wrong??? Not just on this issue but every fucking thing else? I was there in the 70's, 80's, 90's through all shit supporting the team as much as you but that doesn't make me, or you, any more qualified to claim to be the only fucker who knows what is right and what is wrong.

:D

Edited by snakehips

A not bothered Owen >>>>>>>>>> a bothered, not bothered, or promised a young girl to beat if he scores Bellamy.

Apart from everything else, if you're going to replace Owen it's essentially down to his fitness record. Bellamy represents a massive risk in that regard too.

We're in danger here of this becoming a Bellamy thread.

For me, Owen is committed and will score for us on a regular basis. It's just unfortunate, for NUFC, that his 'fitness' has coincided with numerous Engerlund games which seem to come around far more regular these days (it seems) and he got that year-long injury playing for Engerlund playing in Germany.

Guest stevieintoon
Apart from everything else, if you're going to replace Owen it's essentially down to his fitness record. Bellamy represents a massive risk in that regard too.

54 league games in 76 over the last two full seasons isn't bad, especially when you think he scored 20 Premiership goals in that time, and many of them at Liverpool were off the bench.

For me, Owen is committed and will score for us on a regular basis. It's just unfortunate, for NUFC, that his 'fitness' has coincided with numerous Engerlund games which seem to come around far more regular these days (it seems) and he got that year-long injury playing for Engerlund playing in Germany.

Committed enough to sign a contract extension?

54 league games in 76 over the last two full seasons isn't bad, especially when you think he scored 20 Premiership goals in that time, and many of them at Liverpool were off the bench.

Which conveniently ignores his fitness record before then and this season. Bit out of context.

Edited by alex

because he's not injury-prone is he? :razz:

And so Toon-committed he treatened to fuck of if we looked at buying another striker: "I'll do what's best for Craig Bellamy" iirc

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Committed enough to sign a contract extension?

Has he been offered one though?

And so Toon-committed he treatened to fuck of if we looked at buying another striker: "I'll do what's best for Craig Bellamy" iirc

I remember Shearer saying something similar when Celtic were interested about how he'd keep his options open if he wasn't a regular or words similar to that.

I bet the silly cunt who stood up and made that statement will be the same daft wanker whinging when we're mid-table and unable to attract any top class players. Be careful what you wish for mate, I don't see how hounding out your best players can have anything but a detrimental affect on the club.

I remember Shearer saying something similar when Celtic were interested about how he'd keep his options open if he wasn't a regular or words similar to that.

Just to be clear, are you comparing Bellamy's overall behaviour at Newcastle with Shearer's? If not, what point are you trying to make there?

Edited by alex

I've never got this Owen 4 England thing, reckon it's a load of shit personally.

He got a load of grief for not coming out and declaring himself commited to the toon when Shepherd tried to force him, if I was Owen I'd have done exactly the same.

And I'd do the same about taking the doctors word about playing over anyone at NUFC or England.

He's his own man, makes his own decisions and I respect that.

Why the fuck were all those fans at a Michael Owen talkin if they think that about him? Obviously not fans with the clubs best interests at heart if they are hoping to hound him out. Wankers.

The only thing I worry about is his horses, reckons he is more committed to that game than football having seen that year in the life programme recently. And all that flying about in helicopters, Big Sam should have a look at that!

Well said Smo.

I bet the silly cunt who stood up and made that statement will be the same daft wanker whinging when we're mid-table and unable to attract any top class players. Be careful what you wish for mate, I don't see how hounding out your best players can have anything but a detrimental affect on the club.

In a nutshell :razz: