Salary Cap

trophyshy

The premiership is now more and more about "the monies". Almost every player in the world wants to come here, they may well say it's because it's such a great league or they really love shitty weather, traffic jams and luke warm pasties but the truth is the insane amount of cash available.

So, as all these people do is kick a ball about should we really have them earning these preposterous amounts of cash? I mean most of them contribute little back to society, are not particularly good role models and get themselves into shameful bother with all that wonga and the associated lifestyle. Teachers make bugger all, nurses, posties. These are people that actually do something.

Isn't it time that some reason was applied and we limit their earnings? Either this or we should up the stakes a bit? A basic of £20k p/a but £50k for a win and £75k for a goal, £250k for a trophy....then maybe we'd see them playing with real passion?

I just made £8.50 typing this. Oh the irony.

The premiership is now more and more about "the monies". Almost every player in the world wants to come here, they may well say it's because it's such a great league or they really love shitty weather, traffic jams and luke warm pasties but the truth is the insane amount of cash available.

So, as all these people do is kick a ball about should we really have them earning these preposterous amounts of cash? I mean most of them contribute little back to society, are not particularly good role models and get themselves into shameful bother with all that wonga and the associated lifestyle. Teachers make bugger all, nurses, posties. These are people that actually do something.

Isn't it time that some reason was applied and we limit their earnings? Either this or we should up the stakes a bit? A basic of £20k p/a but £50k for a win and £75k for a goal, £250k for a trophy....then maybe we'd see them playing with real passion?

I just made £8.50 typing this. Oh the irony.

The main argument I've heard is that it would be easily circumvented through bonuses, image rights, ancillary agreements etc.

At the end of the day, the only reason they get paid that much is it only takes one club out of 20 to crack and offer that little bit more to land a player (NUFC guilty more than most under Fat Fred), this is what has led to the spiraling wages.

Without that inflationary pressure, a lot of the extra money in the game could have gone to cheaper tickets or better facilities.