Sedlec Ossuary

Guest Patrokles

Guest Patrokles

Anyone heard of this before? I just discovered it. Here's the article, courtesy of Neatorama:

The Sedlec Ossuary resides in a small Roman Catholic chapel in Sedlec, Czech Republic. If you didn’t know any better, you wouldn’t have guessed that inside the unassuming building is an ossuary containing about 40,000 human skeletons artistically arranged to form decorations, chandeliers, and furnishings!

In the 13th century, an abbot returned to Sedlec with a small amount of earth from Golgotha, the site of Jesus’ crucifixion, and sprinkled it all over the abbey’s cemetery. This made the grounds of the church a desirable burial site and over centuries thousands of people were buried there.

In 1870, František Rint, a woodcarver was hired to put the heaps of bones in order. He decided to make a work of art out of the skeletal remains: a chandelier made from skull and bones, a coat of arms of the family that paid him to do the work, and even an "artist’s signature" done in bone, of course!

sedlec-ossuary-outside.jpg

sedlec-ossuary-entrance.jpg

sedlec-ossuary-chandelier.jpg

sedlec-ossuary-coat-of-arms.jpg

Crikey, that's mint that like.

Always had a keen interest in traveling, would love to see that one day.

Your immediate thought though was, that's a Predator lair, wasn't it? ;)

Ooh. We're off to Prague next month, the regulation day trip was going to be to Český Krumlov but I might reconsider now. Although "Darling, want to come and look at some skulls with me?" might take a bit of hard selling.

Ooh. We're off to Prague next month, the regulation day trip was going to be to Český Krumlov but I might reconsider now. Although "Darling, want to come and look at some skulls with me?" might take a bit of hard selling.

you could add....I wanna jump your bones ;)

you could add....I wanna jump your bones :icon_lol:

There are far filthier comments that I'm sure Wacky and SMO will be happy to add, too. ;)

There are far filthier comments that I'm sure Wacky and SMO will be happy to add, too. ;)

Yes but tbf, those comments would be straight out of the gutter :rolleyes:

Edited by Toonraider

you could add....I wanna jump your bones :rolleyes:

There are far filthier comments that I'm sure Wacky and SMO will be happy to add, too. :icon_lol:

Yes but tbf, those comments would be straight out of the gutter B)

And we're above that. :icon_lol:;)

you could add....I wanna jump your bones :rolleyes:

There are far filthier comments that I'm sure Wacky and SMO will be happy to add, too. :icon_lol:

Yes but tbf, those comments would be straight out of the gutter B)

And we're above that. :icon_lol:;)

Of Course we are !!!! :icon_lol:

Song for the journey:

My cock bone's connected to his arse bone

His arse bone's connected to my cock bone

And repeat, til you get there, then take down one of the fibula's and rifle his arsehole with it.

Best day trip you'll ever had - guaranteed!

Song for the journey:

And repeat, til you get there, then take down one of the fibula's and rifle his arsehole with it.

A man of the world like you recommending a dry bone? I'm shocked!

Song for the journey:

A man of the world like you recommending a dry bone? I'm shocked!

He'll be naturally moist from thinking about the connotations of the song he's sang all the way there man.