The goal you went maddest for?

Ketsbaia

Collymore in the 4... wait, I mean the Bellamy Feyenoord one. I was a student in London (sorry Stevie) and I'd gone to a pub with my American friend (sorry Gemmill), who I'd managed to get really really into football and Newcastle in particular. The pub was pretty full too, and everyone was very miserable after they equalised. Then Bellamy scored.

How fucking old are you? ;)

You get around :icon_lol:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles
Collymore in the 4... wait, I mean the Bellamy Feyenoord one. I was a student in London (sorry Stevie) and I'd gone to a pub with my American friend (sorry Gemmill), who I'd managed to get really really into football and Newcastle in particular. The pub was pretty full too, and everyone was very miserable after they equalised. Then Bellamy scored.

You get around :rolleyes:

Can't compete with your change from French to Nigerian, though. :icon_lol:

Edited by Patrokles

It's that long ago, I can't remember who scored it - possibly Mark McGee. It was Roy Aitken's debut at SJP against Leicester. We were 4-2 down with 13 minutes to go and then won the game 5-4. I was in 'The Corner' and I have never known anything like it. Beserk doesn't do the madness justice.

Aye that was McGhee....

Quinny had equalised only a couple of mins earlier and we thought we'd rescued a point then McGhee span on edge of the area and slotted it home - mental but oh so good times....

Prob our second goal against Inter a few years back over their place, more as I was at the game and was pissed as a fart, than because it meant much.

You get around B)

Can't compete with your change from French to Nigerian, though. :icon_lol:

:rolleyes:

Prob our second goal against Inter a few years back over their place, more as I was at the game and was pissed as a fart, than because it meant much.

Haha, about 200 people around where I was standing just fell over in a heap after Shearer scored that goal.

Low point of that game? Over-zealous stewards stealing our lighters as we entered the turnstiles ;)

Kelly for me as well. I was only 12 at the time and was thrown around like a Benwell housewife at closing time. Special mention also for Rob Lee's against Chelsea. I was told that in my local that goal caused tables to go over and people to run out into the street. ;) I was trying to remember the last time I went really mental for a goal, and it was probably Shola's first against the mackems. Which just goes to show how much we've had to shout about over the last few years. Which is fuck all. Actually, we did go apeshit at Cardiff when Shola scored, but we were taking the piss tbf.

Haha, about 200 people around where I was standing just fell over in a heap after Shearer scored that goal.

Low point of that game? Over-zealous stewards stealing our lighters as we entered the turnstiles ;)

Poor Inter fans probably had nothing to light the flares. I am sure they threw the lighter back as well...

Poor Inter fans probably had nothing to light the flares. I am sure they threw the lighter back as well...

Sounds like where we were just behind the goal about 15 rows back. Loads of us just jumped and fell over as the seats had no backs. Thats when it started raining bottles etc......

So many mentions of that Semi Rob Lee goal ;)

Such a brilliant yet sour memory that is. I can distincly remember that painful mixture of deflation and pride come that evening.

I honestly cannot remember being more depressed following a match as I was after that one.

So many mentions of that Semi Rob Lee goal :icon_lol:

Such a brilliant yet sour memory that is. I can distincly remember that painful mixture of deflation and pride come that evening.

I honestly cannot remember being more depressed following a match as I was after that one.

The fact we actually played so well was what stuck in the throat so much. The Toon fans were incredible that day too, not least in the excellent applause they afforded the Chelsea players and coaching staff (Graham Rix aside ;) ) as they went down the tunnel at the Toon end. It made me so fucking proud I almost well-up thinking about it.

Dabizas at sunderland was quite mental like, so lucky to be there too!

As many have mentioned, Rob Lee at Wembley, I still get goosebumps when I see that goal.

And Nobby's winner against Leeds away when we won 4-3 to stay top of the league, the away end went fuckin' crazy. That's probably the best match I've been to tbh.

At home Rob Lee in fa cup semi against Chelsea

At match Phillipe Alberts goal in the 5-0 demolition of Manure, was feckin hysterical, on a high for a week man.

i have to agree with albert's, it wasnt until that goal went in that I knew I could really start celebrating us beating Man U. Until that moment it was still a case of they were gonna at least get a draw from us!

Sunderland Away. 2005. When shearer scored the penalty i fell 3 rows infront . Was amazing!! to go on and win 4-1 also. Best Game ive ever been too without a shadow of a doubt. Still have the highlights saved on my pc ;):icon_lol::rolleyes:B):icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

At home Rob Lee in fa cup semi against Chelsea

At match Phillipe Alberts goal in the 5-0 demolition of Manure, was feckin hysterical, on a high for a week man.

i have to agree with albert's, it wasnt until that goal went in that I knew I could really start celebrating us beating Man U. Until that moment it was still a case of they were gonna at least get a draw from us!

At half-time I said "next goal wins", so by the 5th it was more euphoria than madness. Though my demented cackle as the ball looped over Schmeichel would probably have qualified as borderline insane, so that gets my real-life vote, definitely.

At home (well, at the pub), definitely Bellamy's against Feyenoord. The people at the Irish pub in Mainz thought I was such a mild-mannered soul up until then. Good thing they had pretty sturdy furniture in there.

So many to choose from..

Away: Jenas v Spurs at WHL with more or less the last kick of the game to win 1-0 was pretty special

House; Bellamy v Feynoord.

Home: Tinos 3rd v Barca. (My fav player getting a hattrick against the Spanish giants. Gold.)

David Ginola's v's Ferencvaros was a bit special too - nice to celebrate a bit of showboating.

Maybe I'm old skool but I don't think you'll ever see a crowd going quite as crazy now that we don't have terraces - the days on the old gallowgate end were a bit special.... ;)