The goal you went maddest for?

Ketsbaia

Bellamy vs Feynoord, and although some of the knuckleheads on here will crucify me for it;

Owen vs Argentina in the world cup, 1998.

I was too busy raging at Dyer for missing an absolute fucking sitter to enjoy Bellamy's goal completely

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bellamy vs Feynoord, and although some of the knuckleheads on here will crucify me for it;

I was too busy raging at Dyer for missing an absolute fucking sitter to enjoy Bellamy's goal completely

;)

Guest stevieintoon
Has to be David Kelly's v Portsmouth in 1992. As did the rest of the ground.... And for those who need a reminder, 2mins 37 seconds ;)

There'll be plenty that dee, most even. That was the second most mental celebration while the Gallowgate was standin, when we went 2-0 up against Spurs after 5 mins when Gazza came back was just the same but seemed even more so.

Loads at home, like the ManUre 5 nowt, Barca (was a bairn then though to be fair) but these stick out the most probably from aways..

Bellamy's against Feyenoord. Went from middle tier to bottom tier and ended up on my arse near the front. Absolutely fan-bastard-tastic.

The Arsenal 3-1 a few years back. Went gradually more insane from 1 to 3.

Nobby's winner at Leeds in the 4-3 a few years ago. I can barely remember that day, but I know I was bruised for weeks afterwards.

Dabizas against the Mackems in there somewhere aswell. First time I had managed to get a ticket for an away against that lot off my own season ticket, so it was a special day for me anyway!

The 4-1 against them lot aswell, every goal.

Also as Holden mentioned, the spurs 1-0 Jenas game, even though I hate him now, I loved him that night.

Neutrals:

Rob Lee Semi v Chelski

Shearer Old Trafford v Spurs

EDIT: Fucking hell, how could I forget man! Inter 2-2 San Siro. When Nobby hit the bar, we all fell over, and got back up eventually, only for Shearer to score. Over we went again. Fucking class.

Edited by WubbleUC

Guest Patrokles

That's what made the goal so good though.

yeah its ned for me too, 1992 seems like a lot longer than that!!! ran on pitch at end of the game to come face to face with a huge f*** off police dog ;)

Maybe I'm old skool but I don't think you'll ever see a crowd going quite as crazy now that we don't have terraces - the days on the old gallowgate end were a bit special.... ;)

how very very true, not the same now and i dont think it will ever be like that again, special times, very special times

That's what made the goal so good though.

That's one of those what if moments for me. If he hadn't scored I honestly reckon we had a team capable of going on and winning the Uefa Cup. I know that's a very negative spin on what was a fantastic night but in hindsight you swap a trophy for the 2nd group stage of the Champions League. I'm not having a pop at Bellamy for scoring the goal before anyone suggests that, it was a great night.

Guest stevieintoon

Non Newcastle for me in the flesh, actually being at the ground would have to be when that arsehole scouse bastard, McManaman made it 2-0 in Eindhoven against Portugal.

At home watching on telly non toon, would have to be Gary Lineker's equaliser against West Germany in 1990.

When Gerrard made it 2-1 against the Krauts would be up there too, along with Lamplard's equaliser against Portugal with 5 mins left.

Edited by stevieintoon

Or David Platt's against Belgium. Italia 90 was class.

Was watching that on a shitty little black and white portable tv, in Chile of all places. (apologies for the Rob W moment there ;) ). The locals around us weren't half shocked at our reactions to the goal!!

Was watching that on a shitty little black and white portable tv, in Chile of all places. (apologies for the Rob W moment there ;) ). The locals around us weren't half shocked at our reactions to the goal!!

Bobby Charlton, Nobby Steelez....ah, Pele. Owt like that in there?

Of England goals, Gazza's against Scotland in Euro '96 springs to mind.

Watched that in a pub in Keswick on what was a class weekend camping in the Lakes. There were a canny few Sweaties in there and, tbf, they took it quite well.

Edit: Especially as it was about a minute after they'd missed a pen.

Edited by alex

Of England goals, Gazza's against Scotland in Euro '96 springs to mind.

Watched that in a pub in Keswick on what was a class weekend camping in the Lakes. There were a canny few Sweaties in there and, tbf, they took it quite well.

Edit: Especially as it was about a minute after they'd missed a pen.

I was a bit too young to be watching it in a pub like at the time, although I probably felt it was the greatest goal I'd seen at that point on my life, especially as our relatives from Scotland were down at the time and we were watching it with them. ;)

Never mind the fact McAllister missed that penalty just before, and how shite we had been playing.

I remember for the Spain match we were away with the school camping and I brought one of those shitty portable tele things along with us, and trying frantically to get a signal for the match in the woods. Although it was a fucking shite game anyways.

Guest stevieintoon

You've got me humming Nessun Dorma now. To be honest I couldn't enjoy that night, me dad got knocked down of a forklift truck when he was working at Amec that night, and he could've been killed, but we got back from North Tyneside general just in time to see Platt score.

Guest stevieintoon

Non affiliation goals (i.e non toon/England), the two goals I celebrated like a madman was Michael Thomas' last minute winner at Anfield to win the league, and that Yordan Letchkov's header against the Kraits in 1994. Also I celebrate any goal against Italy like a last minute winner against Sunderland.

Guest stevieintoon
After talk of Euro 96, I did go a bit mental with McCoists goal against Switzerland..

What about John Collins pen in Paris? I was 100% sure he'd miss, you could've won that game if McClair, Boyd and Leighton weren't so shit

Non Newcastle for me in the flesh, actually being at the ground would have to be when that arsehole scouse bastard, McManaman made it 2-0 in Eindhoven against Portugal.

At home watching on telly non toon, would have to be Gary Lineker's equaliser against West Germany in 1990.

When Gerrard made it 2-1 against the Krauts would be up there too, along with Lamplard's equaliser against Portugal with 5 mins left.

That was pretty fucking special, I saw it in front of the pyramid stage with 80,000 others, completely off my head. :unsure:

I went mental over David Kelly's goal against Portsmouth, as did everyone that day, but I think Peacock's winner against Leicester the following week pips it.

Of course, as things turned out, it was the Portsmouth game and Kelly's goal that saw us safe, but we didn't know that at the time, and we went into the final game at Filbert Street still needing a win to guarantee safety. We got the win of course, but the results of the other games meant that we'd have been safe regardless.

But the whole atmosphere and the whole day down at Leicester is something that I've never experienced before or since. Those of you who went will know what I mean. It was almost absurd it was exciting and scary and funny and horrible and fantastic. The maddest day I can remember.