If you're not in the squad

peasepud

should you be made to go to the game?

Personally, I think yes, I never can understand why all the players arent made to be at every home game. Its something that personally I would have thought theyd want to do. After all if you love the game then you'll watch a couple of 5 a side teams slugging it out on a wet afternoon so why not watch your colleagues and mates do their stuff?

Surely, as a pro as well you'd want to be checking out your competition, seeing why you're not making the team and what player x has over you then making it your aim to beat them at their own game.

The reason I ask is I was hearing about Barton today, allegedly hes not missed a first team game home or away all season and has been there at almost every home reserve game. This to me is what a professional should be doing, making sure hes there bonding with his team-mates, watching the opposition and seeing where he can fit in when hes fit.

Top marks to that man in my book......... as for Owen well stinking little scouse thieving layabout that he is :unsure:

Generally, I think they should attend games, but every game is a bit excessive.

Even if I love something, if I'm spending 5 days a week doing it for 8 hours a day, (a standard work week) I'm not necessarily going to want to watch it done by others on my day off.

Edited by Zathras

Generally, I think they should attend games, but every game is a bit excessive.

Even if I love something, if I'm spending 5 days a week doing it for 8 hours a day, (a standard work week) I'm not necessarily going to want to watch it done by others on my day off.

Tbh, I see where you're coming from, but even though football is a job for them, they started playing it because they thought it was fun. I wouldn't really compare it to a regular work. That being said, I do think they should at least go to the home games.

"You have to come to work but you definitely won't be working", can't say I see the point in that.

Leave it to the player to decide, you can tell a lot about their character if you do.

As for injured players, I think for some it can be negative if your force them to watch the team knowing they can't play. (especially if they don't give a shit about Newcastle - that's only Owen of course)

The club I play for has a reserve team. Cant be bothered to go and watch those peasants play if we havent got a game! :unsure:;)

mercenary barsteward

I don't love the club or have a club crest tattooed on my chest but I give 100% when I play. :icon_lol:

The club I play for has a reserve team. Cant be bothered to go and watch those peasants play if we havent got a game! :unsure:;)

mercenary barsteward

I don't love the club or have a club crest tattooed on my chest but I give 100% when I play. :icon_lol:

I bet you think about playing for Newcastle when you do though. What an utter barsteward.