Wrong Numbers

Guest Patrokles

Guest Patrokles

I just got a call asking for someone called Janet. I patiently explained that I think this lady had the wrong number and that I didn't even know anyone called Janet. After a few minutes, I felt that I'd got the message across and everything was cool. She confirmed what I'd said: 'So I have the wrong number?' 'Yes.' <pause> 'Can you give me Janet's number then?'

When my brother was younger he took a call on the home number asking for Angie. Explaining that there was no Angie living here, he mentioned that there was one two doors down and suggested adding two on to the number.

When my brother was younger he took a call on the home number asking for Angie. Explaining that there was no Angie living here, he mentioned that there was one two doors down and suggested adding two on to the number.

:unsure:

My favorite "wrong number" conversation...

Me: "Hello."

Idiot: "I want to speak to xy."

Me: "Sorry, you called the wrong number. There is no xy living here."

Idiot: "No, can't be. I definitely called the right number."

Me: "Oh, I am sorry then. Looks like I picked up the wrong telephone then, eh."

My favorite "wrong number" conversation...

Me: "Hello."

Idiot: "I want to speak to xy."

Me: "Sorry, you called the wrong number. There is no xy living here."

Idiot: "No, can't be. I definitely called the right number."

Me: "Oh, I am sorry then. Looks like I picked up the wrong telephone then, eh."

If this phone called occurred in England, you should have just told them that the phone had been annexed and hung up.

... or just pretend to be the person in question for a few minutes.

If they call me and it's a wrong number they go away knowing it is a wrong number a VERY wrong number. You boys are too soft on these muppets.

The girlfriend's phone number is quite close to the number of a local taxi firm so not surprisingly, she gets a few 'wrong numbers' late at night from people who've been out on the piss and can't dial properly.

There was one night where some bloke got the wrong number and when told, obviously just kept pressing the redial button and ringing straight back. After he was told for a third time and he rung back again, she asked where he was and where he wanted to go and then told him there'd be one there in 10 minutes :unsure:

My sister's phone number and my phone number by coincedence contain exactly the same numbers in very nearly exactly the same order, I've had a few calls in the past for people asking for her and they are quite surprised when I tell them they have the wrong number but I know who you were wanting.

don't understand how people can dial a wrong number from a mobile these days...

surely if you know the person well enough to call them, the number will be stored in your phone. I honestly couldn't tell you any of my mates phone numbers.. I scroll down to their name and press the big green button.

don't understand how people can dial a wrong number from a mobile these days...

surely if you know the person well enough to call them, the number will be stored in your phone. I honestly couldn't tell you any of my mates phone numbers.. I scroll down to their name and press the big green button.

do ypu have that many that u can't remember ???