England v Estonia

MattM4

100px-England_National_Team.PNG v 100px-Estonia_FA.gif

ENGLAND XI:

Robinson, Richards, Ferdinand, Campbell, A Cole, Wright-Phillips, Barry, Gerrard ©, J Cole, Rooney, Owen.

Subs:

Lescott, James, Neville, Lampard, Bentley, Crouch, Defoe.

I was at the game on Saturday and I have to say Owen was awful, he looked off the pace, his touch wasnt good and his movement poor. He was shown up by the energy and determination of Rooney (my man of the match).

I wouldnt be surprised if Owen is dropped on Wednesday if we go 1 up front.

I dont get it either, maybe something to do with his Chelsea link. That said when he came on his was rubbish and I think Macleren will be foolish to start him against Russia at the expense of SWP who played well. Lescott also looked well out of his depth, very nervy. If he is going to play 5 in midfield against Russia I would go with SWP---Gerrard---Neville---Barry----Cole and Rooney up top on his todd.

I take it the top 2 go through in each group?

aye. basically, a win against russia will see us through. a draw and we'll probably have to beat croatia at home to be certain