Al Quaida could target St James'

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon
Al-Qaeda plotting to bomb Premiership game live on TV.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Sophy Ridge

14th of October 2007

AL-QAEDA terrorists are plotting to bomb a Premiership football game LIVE on British TV.

A shock new government report reveals Osama bin Laden's fanatics are targeting top soccer stadiums packed with thousands of fans.

They know the awful sight of grounds like Chelsea's Stamford Bridge or Manchester United's Old Trafford in flames will flash around the world just like the 9/11 Twin Towers outrage.

The chilling review by Homeland Security Minister Lord West will reveal that despite increased anti-terror spending there are still massive gaps in our defences that Britain's enemies are determined to exploit. As well as soccer clubs, the experts identify other "soft targets" such as Britain's biggest shopping centre, BLUEWATER in Kent, and the vast BACTON GAS TERMINAL in Norfolk.

A top-placed security source, who contributed to Lord West's report, revealed:

"We have concrete intelligence that al-Qaeda is planning an attack that would be seen live on television.

"We understand they're targeting a Premiership stadium, probably by a suicide pilot flying a light aircraft right into the stand while a match is being broadcast.

"Although protection is good at some stadiums it's nowhere near good enough at others."

And Patrick Mercer—the former Tory security spokesman brought in to advise Prime Minister Gordon Brown—said:

"This is a terrorist's dream—an iconic target being attacked with big casualties and real-time worldwide coverage.

Armed

"It doesn't get any better than that for our enemies."

The new alert follows Metropolitan Police chief Sir Ian Blair's grim warning that the number of terrorist plots in the UK is "mounting".

Our source added: "There are major public places which are incredibly vulnerable. There is virtually no protection at the Bluewater shopping centre. It's wide open for an attack.

"And the protection at Bacton is not ideal, although it has been improved by putting armed Ministry of Defence police there."

Cops have already foiled one attempt to bomb Bluewater, with one terrorist jailed for 40 years over a plot to use limousines packed with lethal gas canisters.

Lord West's report, due to be handed to ministers, is part of the government's counter-terrorism strategy, Project Contest.

Last week Premier Gordon Brown announced a new counter-terrorism budget and pledged £3.5 billion to be spent on national security over the next three years.

That's three times what was provided at the time of the New York World Trade Center attack in 2001.

But our security source insisted that much of the increased cash already provided has been misspent. While money has been splashed out on headline-grabbing initiatives such as increasing the number of spies to gather intelligence, the government has not concentrated on SECURING the UK's vulnerable targets.

Our insider said: "This work is long overdue.

"It should have been done four or five years ago. But at least the government is now serious and is taking action.

"Real improvements have been made to protect our key buildings against attack by vehicles.

"But there's a major weakness in that they're still vulnerable to attack by suicide bombers on foot or on motorbike, putting thousands at risk.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1410...football.shtml

If you were in Al Quaida two questions, you would ask, would be a) who has the tallest stadium in the Premiership and :unsure: which group of fans could be seen to have abused muslims this season. The answer to a is the same as b. I've noticed how many muslims work at SJP lately as well, especially in Level 7, not that there's anything wrong with that, just when you're as paranoid about these things as I am, you do worry a bit.

If a jumbo 747 flew in to the back of the Leazes I'd die instantly, and I reckon it would bring doon the Leazes and most of the Milburn, that's at least 25,000 people. Shocking thought.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your reasoning is bollocks, "lets send a plane to SJP because they gave Mido stick, oh and because it sits on a hill and is pretty tall". :unsure: Though, more likely what game is live when and will have the most viewers on TV and cause the most injuries. Ive thought of this for a while and it makes sense from their perspective to go for a football ground.

If you were in Al Quaida two questions, you would ask, would be a) are you more committed then Michael Owen and b ) which group of fans would be seen to welcome murderous fanatics that kissed the shirt.

:unsure:

Edited by Fop

Seriously the chances of anyone getting hold of a commercial airliner these days (never mind a 747) are pretty much 0.

A light aircraft yes, but the deaths from one of those would likely be at most around 100ish.

I think if they wanted to go for a stadium they would target Old Trafford during a Manchester derby or when Man Utd play Liverpool as the worldwide audience would be much larger then one of our games, which is probably what they want. Still you can never say never and there is always a way to go about something, somehow.

Read an interesting article on my politics course that showed pretty much every time the labour government was having a bit of trouble with the poles, a terrorist warning was issued or they bumped up the threat level.

These are the same morons who had 'concrete intelligence' about wmd's in iraq.

Complete bollocks in my opinion.

Not true, alot of people at the time where saying that the report claiming WMD's was wrong, it was a government lying and a government that resorted to murder to keep it underwraps

Read an interesting article on my politics course that showed pretty much every time the labour government was having a bit of trouble with the poles, a terrorist warning was issued or they bumped up the threat level.

Aye, but Blabour constantly had trouble with the poles (and still do with Brown) so that was bound to be the case.

I'd imagine the threats are always "real", but real in terms of intelligence is always a fairly nebulous concept, and basically ignore it and you've maybe got a 9/11, 7/7, Madrid, Bali on your hands.

So therefore it can never be ignored.

These are the same morons who had 'concrete intelligence' about wmd's in iraq.

Complete bollocks in my opinion.

Not true, alot of people at the time where saying that the report claiming WMD's was wrong, it was a government lying and a government that resorted to murder to keep it underwraps

Hehe more conspiracy. :unsure:

Actually AT THE TIME, even the French thought he might have WMDs, but yes the intelligence WAS definitely "sexed up", that's NOT the same thing as "made up" however (even though it turned out to be wrong).

Exaggerated? Yes, undoubtedly.

A threat created from nothing? Nope, pretty much everyone believed he may still be hiding them (although not ones that could reach the UK), the issue of disagreement was what to do about it.

I've always thought its incredible how little security exists at football matches. Theres thousands and thousands of people in close proximity and you could walk in there with a load of bombs strapped to your chest quite easily.

Not quite sure what a solution would be that wouldn't make it like getting on a plane but there must be a better way.

I've noticed how many muslims work at SJP lately as well, especially in Level 7, not that there's anything wrong with that, just when you're as paranoid about these things as I am, you do worry a bit.

:unsure: not all Muslims are terrorists or linked with Al-Qaeda, I am a Muslim and I am not linked with fuck all but Toontastic ;)

Edited by bawan

Guest James_coDurham
I've noticed how many muslims work at SJP lately as well, especially in Level 7, not that there's anything wrong with that, just when you're as paranoid about these things as I am, you do worry a bit.

:unsure: not all Muslims are terrorists or linked with Al-Qaeda, I am a Muslim and I am not linked with fuck all but Toontastic :icon_lol:

Either that or you're a mole :icon_lol:;)

:unsure: not all Muslims are terrorists or linked with Al-Qaeda, I am a Muslim and I am not linked with fuck all but Toontastic :icon_lol:

Either that or you're a mole :icon_lol:;)

Shit!!! i told ya to keep it to yourself :angry:

A terrorist plane would do well to avoid radar and being shot down by the RAF. Intelligence authorities know what's going on- hence the report.

I actually think a stadium named after a Western-collaborating airline would be a quite high profile target.

Mind you if they could take out the East Stand and Leazes terrace we could use the insurance money to build a stand with more than 2 toilets.

Either that or you're a mole :angry::icon_lol:

;), but you never kept it...you passed it onto me :angry:

Seriously the chances of anyone getting hold of a commercial airliner these days (never mind a 747) are pretty much 0.

A light aircraft yes, but the deaths from one of those would likely be at most around 100ish.

so...you think it's not possible :unsure:

put a gun to someones head and hold them hostage and it's easily enough done

we are'nt not talking bout bad breath here :angry:

Edited by bawan

we are'nt not talking bout bad breath here :angry:

:angry: soz lads

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Its a lie.

Whenever they were discussing what would be a potential terrorist target in this country (and they came up with Heathrow Airport), I always thought a major football stadium would appeal to them more as they'd be able to make a bigger impact.

The Cup Final this year at the New Wembley for instance could have been high on their agenda. 90,000 people and most of the news cameras in the Western world were focused on it.