Al Quaida could target St James'

Guest stevieintoon

Whenever they were discussing what would be a potential terrorist target in this country (and they came up with Heathrow Airport), I always thought a major football stadium would appeal to them more as they'd be able to make a bigger impact.

The Cup Final this year at the New Wembley for instance could have been high on their agenda. 90,000 people and most of the news cameras in the Western world were focused on it.

You'll have that Bin Laden out of a job with ideas like that, Craig :unsure:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to be a stick in the mud but it's highly unlikely.

Funnily enough this is the one time where the tag best league in the world actually helps the premier league.

It's a known fact that Osama is an Arsenal fan and prior to the twin towers attack he was known to attend matches when he could. And whoever suggest that the Emirites Stadium might be a good target obviously doesn't realise the Saudi royal family who own the airline have their fingers in many pies, some not so savoury.

.................................. I am a Muslim and I am not linked with fuck all but Toontastic :unsure:

Forgive me for this but.....................the weather on Tyneside is like a Muslim........either Sunni or Shiite ;)

there's some naive wankers knocking around these parts

and then theres you, as wankers go you get your own classification :unsure:

I would have thought this was fairly easily achieved even without a light aircraft, security is non existant when you go in (although I reckon any bomber with a belt of semtex would have problems squeezing through the turnstiles ;)).

I would have said poisoning the food was a more likely proposition but frankly the pies could benefit from a sprinkling of E.Coli

Seriously the chances of anyone getting hold of a commercial airliner these days (never mind a 747) are pretty much 0.

A light aircraft yes, but the deaths from one of those would likely be at most around 100ish.

so...you think it's not possible :unsure:

put a gun to someones head and hold them hostage and it's easily enough done

Good luck in getting a gun to the pilots heads through a sealed cockpit door (assuming you COULD get a gun on board in the first place which is about as likely as Wesley Snipes being on your particular plane).

You do know how different procedures are on planes these days since 9/11 don't you?

Not only is the cockpit massively more secure, but the old procedure was basically do whatever they (any hijacker) wanted on any spurious threat, now its the exact opposite.

Under the current procedure 9/11 WOULD NOT HAPPENED. Simple as that.

Edited by Fop

and then theres you, as wankers go you get your own classification :lol:

I would have thought this was fairly easily achieved even without a light aircraft, security is non existant when you go in (although I reckon any bomber with a belt of semtex would have problems squeezing through the turnstiles :o).

I would have said poisoning the food was a more likely proposition but frankly the pies could benefit from a sprinkling of E.Coli

That is also easily achieved, so what point are you making

The arseholes who turn a blind to all these possibilities are wankers mate, and theres a canny few of them around

Keep reading the fucking Guardian

and then theres you, as wankers go you get your own classification :lol:

I would have thought this was fairly easily achieved even without a light aircraft, security is non existant when you go in (although I reckon any bomber with a belt of semtex would have problems squeezing through the turnstiles :o).

That is also easily achieved, so what point are you making

The arseholes who turn a blind to all these possibilities are wankers mate, and theres a canny few of them around

Keep reading the fucking Guardian

Start Reading Orwell.

Or some basic history, European / US etc

Has anyone flown on those little 20 seat island jets? Apparently the captain does the safety briefing from his seat. What's to stop you rushing him then? And these are jets, not light aircraft, you could take out a whole stand with a well aimed run.

Has anyone flown on those little 20 seat island jets? b[]Apparently the captain does the safety briefing from his seat. What's to stop you rushing him then?[/b] And these are jets, not light aircraft, you could take out a whole stand with a well aimed run.

Still got to get the fucker in the air, unless you plan on taxiing all the way to the gallowgate end!

Has anyone flown on those little 20 seat island jets? b[]Apparently the captain does the safety briefing from his seat. What's to stop you rushing him then?[/b] And these are jets, not light aircraft, you could take out a whole stand with a well aimed run.

Still got to get the fucker in the air, unless you plan on taxiing all the way to the gallowgate end!

I was assuming that because the captain does it from his seat there can't be a wall and door can there?

I was assuming that because the captain does it from his seat there can't be a wall and door can there?

Given you've never been on one, you're assuming quite a lot there.

Hence the question marks :lol: I shall defer to the knowledge of someone who has been on one. Have you?

Hence the question marks :lol: I shall defer to the knowledge of someone who has been on one. Have you?

No. But I'm not commenting on them, am I?

That and the fact that safety briefings, last time I saw one, take place while the plane is on the ground.

Anything I've been on that doesn't have a door between captain stubbings and the passengers is so small you'd bump your head and knock yourself out as you're rushing the pilot.

Can I just get this straight in my head. You sammy are having a go at me for asking if small jets had a cabin door or not, and above you appear to be saying they don't, but I was being a cunt for raising the question?