United want to sign me

Scottish Mag

NEWCASTLE are in a two-horse race for Real Madrid left-back Krzysztof Krol, according to the Polish youngster himself.

United and Serie A side Atalanta have both offered Krol an escape from the shadows at Madrid.

And the 20-year-old seems keen to opt for the Magpies – because of the prospect of first-team football in “the best league in the world”.

Newcastle scouts spotted Krol playing for Poland at the Under-20 World Cup in Canada this summer.

And Krol insists that United have now made him an offer which he is considering alongside the chance to move to Italy.

“I have some offers, and the latest have come from Newcastle and Atalanta,” said Krol, who was spotted by Madrid while on a training break in Spain with Polish club Groclin last summer.

He has since been promoted from the youth team to Madrid’s reserves, who play in Spain’s Segunda Division B.

But Krol wants senior football, and admitted: “At Real, it’s not easy to break through. The coach has Gabriel Heinze and the Brazilian, Marcelo – both play in my position.”

He added: “The Premiership is the best league in the world. Moreover, I’d be a first-team player at Newcastle.”

Meanwhile, Newcastle are handing a trial to Denmark Under-16 goalkeeper Esben Hojmark.

The Aarhus youngster will spend a week on Tyneside.

I’d be a first-team player at Newcastle

Erm, no you wouldn't.

He'd have a fucking hell of a job getting Enrique out the side if he continues to play like he did against Everton. Still, the further away Babayaro is from the first team, the better.

I know it's been said a million times but can anyone really have imagined Roeder to be looking at players this soon before January, let alone signing one of them?