Shagged For Sunday

David Kelly

Apparently we will be without Parker, Solano, Emre, Dyer and Luque for the trip to Blackburn.

This leaves us with a midifled of Bowyer, Faye, Clark and Charlie Boy. This midfield is not good enough to beat any team in the premiership and probably half of the Championship either.

Expect to see another game where Shearer and Owen get zero service.

This injury crisis couldn't have come at a worse time. I would rather go into games against Chelski or Arse with this sort of team. At least we don't expect to win those sort of games. We simply have to beat teams like Blackburn, Fulham and West Ham if we expect to get anywhere and until we get those players back available we have a team no better than the makems!

How about going, for one game only, 3-5-2? Carr & Babayaro as wing-backs, Bramble, Boumsong & Taylor in the centre, with Clark, Bowyer & N'Zogbia in midfield? Anything's better than playing Faye!

33274[/snapback]

but Graeme's a 4-4-2 man. He doesn't play anything else :)

How about going, for one game only, 3-5-2? Carr & Babayaro as wing-backs, Bramble, Boumsong & Taylor in the centre, with Clark, Bowyer & N'Zogbia in midfield? Anything's better than playing Faye!

33274[/snapback]

You want to see us play 3-5-2 in the hands of Souness!!!

That formation is often disasterous in the hands of managers WITH brains, have him using it and i think you'd see the most farcial performance ever witnessed by an NUFC eleven and that's saying something!!!

Plus he'd still play Faye and probably have Taylor and Zog as the wingbakcs with Carr and baba in midfield!

I recommend we go down the Bryan Robson route of just not turning up for a game at Blackburn on the grounds that we have too many injuries.  It worked for Boro.....actually it didn't, did it.

33299[/snapback]

No but we could do what the smoggies did and say its a bit too chilly to play, they got away with that one.

I recommend we go down the Bryan Robson route of just not turning up for a game at Blackburn on the grounds that we have too many injuries.  It worked for Boro.....actually it didn't, did it.

33299[/snapback]

No but we could do what the smoggies did and say its a bit too chilly to play, they got away with that one.

33356[/snapback]

Got to be worth a try, say having Souness is such a massive handicap that in the spirit of fairness we shouldn't have to play.

Is Ameobi injured?

33380[/snapback]

Back in training but no news on his availability yet according to .com

33383[/snapback]

Not that it would make much of difference i suppose........

33386[/snapback]

At this rate he'll be playing central midfield.

Do you think Souness has balls big enough to ask Owen to play on the right of a 5 man midfield?

Owen......Bowyer......Faye......Clark.......N'Zogbia

............................Shearer..........................

Bet he wants to.

33299[/snapback]

Not quite If they'd turned up and got thumped 5-0 they'd have stayed up as their points deduction for failing to play ended up being the reason they went down.

To the match, We are the worst team in the league to watch at the moment but at the same time we are diccicult to beat. We don't concede many goals we are organised. Rumour has it Bellemy will play on Sunday and will hopefully put the li on Sourpuss' managerial coffin for good

Optmistic Nut [sMACK!!]

That was me slapping your wrist for suggesting the 3-5-2.

Again living up to your name I suppose, but consider this for a moment...

Carr is slow and does not run back but instead looks sternly at the other defenders and points fingers.

Baba is also slow, but thinks he is fast and often gets caught out getting beat by a winger or wide man routinely long enough for them to deliver a quality cross (at least he does not degenerate to cheating the way Carr does).

IF we played a 3-5-2 we would either be even more bereft of service for our forward shwoing absolutely NO creativity or possession for that matter OR Carr and Baba go running up the sides in an attacking formation and completely expose our back line which would be even more perilous if tehy had a pacey forward... and tehy do. Either way playing a 3-5-2 would be the same as handing Blackburn three goals.

We are so f*cked. I am totally despondant just thinking about this game.

I really fear for us if we're to rely on Clark & Faye in midfield. That is a fecking Coca Cola Championship standard midfield.

33941[/snapback]

People should get away from this myth that Clark is crap. He was Fulham's captain and one of their best players last season and is still a footballer with skill and passing ability who they just couldn't afford to give another contract that he wanted.

If we wanted to say be going for 4th then yes, he shouldn't be first choice for us, and lets be honest he isn't if Dyer, Emre, Parker etc. are all fit, but he will still do a good job at prem level especially with the added factor of playing for the toon where he will give that little bit extra.

Owen in midfield :lol:

33425[/snapback]

Easy Tiger. I dont want Owen in midfield i'm asking if you think Souness has the balls to ask him to play there.

If Bellamy was still here instead of Owen i bet Souness would ask him to play right midf with Shearer up on his own.

The midfield is depleted, so i bet GS has considered Owen at RW but are his cojones grande enough to suggest it?

Packing out our shite midf might be the only way to get a point, so how would you play Owen & Shearer? Cause i bet they'll both be starting.

I really fear for us if we're to rely on Clark & Faye in midfield. That is a fecking Coca Cola Championship standard midfield.

33941[/snapback]

People should get away from this myth that Clark is crap. He was Fulham's captain and one of their best players last season and is still a footballer with skill and passing ability who they just couldn't afford to give another contract that he wanted.

If we wanted to say be going for 4th then yes, he shouldn't be first choice for us, and lets be honest he isn't if Dyer, Emre, Parker etc. are all fit, but he will still do a good job at prem level especially with the added factor of playing for the toon where he will give that little bit extra.

34085[/snapback]

Very true but him in the centre along with Faye is still coca cola standard. Mind you any midfield relying on Faye for anything other than carrying their boots is coca cola standard!