Foreigners

snakehips

Can our overseas members tell me if they have foreign co-commentators for their football games on tv?

For the Enland games on BBC1 *spits*, we have this annoying fucking twat Mark 'Lawro' Lawrenson co-commentating. I'm wondering if we are the only nation to do this?? That I can't stand Lawerenson is one thing, but why should we have a foreigner co-commentating on our national games, regardless of the fact he has a contract with BBC Sport.

What about the Scotland games, Ritchie? Who do you have?

Anyone Welsh, or Irish here?

I just think this is wrong, that's all.

We get Souness in Ireland as a panelist.

We used to have only 1(Irish) commentator for International games, but with Sky taking some games, we now have an ex-International(Ronnie Whelan on Saturday) alongside an English bloke.

It's not the worst, as you can sometimes get a non-biased view, also, Lawrenson is a cock.

We have our own commentators in Norway, and if you think Lawro is shit, you should be glad you don't understand norwegian :unsure:

edit: To answer your original question, we have had a swede commentate on our matches once or twice, hes funny tho, and doesnt mistake black players for white ones.

Edited by ghoulert

We get Souness in Ireland as a panelist.

We used to have only 1(Irish) commentator for International games, but with Sky taking some games, we now have an ex-International(Ronnie Whelan on Saturday) alongside an English bloke.

It's not the worst, as you can sometimes get a non-biased view, also, Lawrenson is a cock.

I guess I'm just hacked off that we get that tosser Lawrenson tbh. Yes, a foreigner would give an impartial view. I think Lawrenson would do a great job co-commentating for the Welsh games :unsure:

Can our overseas members tell me if they have foreign co-commentators for their football games on tv?

For the Enland games on BBC1 *spits*, we have this annoying fucking twat Mark 'Lawro' Lawrenson co-commentating. I'm wondering if we are the only nation to do this?? That I can't stand Lawerenson is one thing, but why should we have a foreigner co-commentating on our national games, regardless of the fact he has a contract with BBC Sport.

He was born in England was he not?

Yes. So fucking what? He should not have anything to do with England games just because he was born here. He should not have anything to do with England games, full stop.

Yes. So fucking what? He should not have anything to do with England games just because he was born here. He should not have anything to do with England games, full stop.

:unsure:

That's got jack all to do with his nationality though. Ian Wright can fuck off as well, and he's as English as they come.

As far as I can tell we get the same commentators as you do for the live premier league games on Setanta USA and Fox Soccer Channel, but at half-time we may get people who are a joke.

Champions league games shown on ESPN we get more jokers like Smith and Hudson.

Ray Hudson commentates on GOL tv in the States. Some of you might remember him. He was a better player than he is a commentator that's for sure.

Rocky is GREAT! Utterly ridiculous turn of phrase, always good for a quote or six. As far as advancing the game at hand, he's not so great, but he's a riot.

example quote:

"Without penetration, it's just masturbation and they've been playing with themselves for 45 minutes."

I like Alan Greene, and he's foreign. I just think the BBC need to get people who aren't twats rather than worrying about nationality. To be fair, I think "Lawro" is one of the few BBC tv commentators who doesn't give a shit about slagging a player off. That's why they keep him away from Ian Wright so they can all have a big circle wank in the studio over little Wright-Philips.

In a perfect world all co-commentary would be done by Andy Gray.

US national games are usually on ESPN and have terrible clueless commentators who use words like "tie" and "shutout."

Fox Soccer Channel uses the commentators of whatever English channel they're bootlegging off for any one game, but at half-time/full-time they have awful Yanks who invariably use the wrong tenses (Newcastle has to, not Newcastle have to) and refer to all teams by their nicknames (so we're always the Magpies, Bolton are always the Trotters, Chelsea are always the Blues etc).

Champions League games on ESPN have a wide array of commentators, some of the clueless variety described above. If you're lucky you'll get the excellent Derek Rae although he's a package deal with the mind-numbing Tommy Smyth.