Middlesbrough: worst town in England

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I can't believe some of the comments on here. "I'd rather live in Middlesbrough than Peckham" would ye? Well I wouldn't as long as I wasn't somewhere like Nelson Mandela House. Middlesbrough is the biggest shithole in Western Europe that I've seen. Remember this is about MIDDLESBROUGH, not Stockton or Nunthorpe or Yarm. To be fair it's worse than Sunderland and that's saying something.

You come down the A19, you get about 15 miles away and ye come owa that hill, and aal ye can see for miles and miles across the horizon, is chimneys smoke, just horrible, and the closer ye get to it the more it becomes like a scene from Mad Max. Fully justified as the worst town in Britain, and to be honest most places are shitholes, but none more so than Boro. It's quite accurate I think because, I'd have had Boro and Hull in my top 5 and they are 1 and 2.

Boro, Hull, Luton, Burnley and Sunderland would be in my top 5

If there's any justice we'll be given best city award.

:lol:

Its a fucking dive like.

TBF Stockon is terrible too...

Well, I'm standing by a river but the water doesn't flow, and it boils with every poison you can think of

Well said Chris Rea

EDIT: I've just looked this up, I'd never realised the lyrics were actually about Boro/the Tees. :o

Edited by Bombadil

Bollocks is it the worst place in the country. London is just lucky that its so big that the shitholes there all come under one big umbrella and theres enough nice places to outweigh it.

I'd live in Middlesbrough over a place like Peckham every day of the week.

granted there are some rough estates in peckham but it's nowhere near as bad as people make out. hpeckham rye is actually really nice. i'd much rather live in peckham than somewhere like croydon or boro

Parmos > darkies

I can't believe some of the comments on here. "I'd rather live in Middlesbrough than Peckham" would ye? Well I wouldn't as long as I wasn't somewhere like Nelson Mandela House. Middlesbrough is the biggest shithole in Western Europe that I've seen. Remember this is about MIDDLESBROUGH, not Stockton or Nunthorpe or Yarm. To be fair it's worse than Sunderland and that's saying something.

You come down the A19, you get about 15 miles away and ye come owa that hill, and aal ye can see for miles and miles across the horizon, is chimneys smoke, just horrible, and the closer ye get to it the more it becomes like a scene from Mad Max. Fully justified as the worst town in Britain, and to be honest most places are shitholes, but none more so than Boro. It's quite accurate I think because, I'd have had Boro and Hull in my top 5 and they are 1 and 2.

Nice sidestep to avoid offending me :lol:

TBF, even areas of Nunthorpe are shite. I wouldn't like to walk the streets when it's dark in my area like. And it's where all the rich twats live!

Hate Teesside with a passion.

Saw a bit of that yesterday - pretty stupid programme. It was just pretentious rubbish really. I've never been to Middlesbrough so can't defend or slate it (does look crap though tbh), but it's not "officially" the worst place to live because GCSE results are low and the people are unhealthy.

Guest stevieintoon

TBF, even areas of Nunthorpe are shite. I wouldn't like to walk the streets when it's dark in my area like. And it's where all the rich twats live!

Well I can't go upsettin me star keeper can I? :o

• 2 weeks later...

That should go to Brighton. Even though I'm not gay (I think).

Wicked place like. And I didn't even get the flora treatment last time I was there.

:lol: Get in Stelling!!

I see in the Gazette last night Ray Mallon is suing C4. Apparantly the 'facts' they showed weren't actually facts, just made up rubbish. The pictures and clips they used of Middlesbrough were distorted - one of them was simply roadworks but from 2006! Others were like South Bank which isn;t in Middlesbrough and parts of Stockton, again, not in Middlesbrough.

Well I can't go upsettin me star keeper can I? :lol:

Star keeper/Skipper tbh :lol:

Guest stevieintoon

There's definitely skipper material in ye like Nick............in aboot 10 years! At the minute ye a shining example of the Peskies youth policy I've put in place.

There's definitely skipper material in ye like Nick............in aboot 10 years! At the minute ye a shining example of the Peskies youth policy I've put in place.

Have to say the academy is top notch. The system is faultless. I'm still dreaming of THAT save.

Guest stevieintoon

Star keeper/Skipper tbh :D

Have to say the academy is top notch. The system is faultless. I'm still dreaming of THAT save.

:lol: one to tell the grandkids aboot in aal fairness, but I'm sure it will get even better as the years pass by.