What is happening to our towns?

Glasgow Mag

How come a lot of our towns are becoming shitholes? Off licences, betting shops, take-aways, tanning salons and amusement arcades springing up all over the place, at the expense of small local businesses. Ardrossan on the west coast of Scotland is a prime example. Makes my piss boil. No matter youngsters hang about getting pissed in bus stops and grow up into fat alcoholic smoking unemployable layabouts.

Look at the pavement outside every Kebab shop. The slabs are filthy and coated in some sort of grease that never seems to degrade.

That's the dirty slappers falling over outside with their "kebabs" all over the pavement.

I go to the Byker Morrisons every day to get my lunch and the place his fucking heaving, every day without fail. Meanwhile, the rest of Shields Rd is either empty or closing down. Wacky is right, there are a shit load of bookies and amusement arcades and nowt much else.

I go to the Byker Morrisons every day to get my lunch and the place his fucking heaving, every day without fail. Meanwhile, the rest of Shields Rd is either empty or closing down. Wacky is right, there are a shit load of bookies and amusement arcades and nowt much else.

It's a shame because when I worked there I used to love the cheap fruit and veg shops. Those places where you could get Easter eggs for 50p in July were good too. It used to be a proper thriving street when my granny used to take me there as a bairn.

Maybe if you did your shopping at a local store rather than a supermarket....

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time for a cull.

It's LONG past that time. :unsure:

Its time for licenced breeding only, anyone that doesn't make the grade should be strerilised, the chav and the work-shy would be extinct like the Neanderthal.

Its time for licenced breeding only, anyone that doesn't make the grade should be strerilised, the chav and the work-shy would be extinct like the Neanderthal.

Adding a small amount of agent orange to all alco-pops and/or burberry/white polyester should achieve the same end without all the hassle of licensing. ;)

Adding a small amount of agent orange to all alco-pops and/or burberry/white polyester should achieve the same end without all the hassle of licensing. ;)

Or maybe it's all backfiring.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4078895.stm

But there isn't any, that's my point.

Aye, that's the thing - there's been a healthy shift back towards local shopping in hessian-bag-carrying middle-class areas, particularly in yer Lahndan, but what can you do if you want to shop locally but there's nowt there but pound shops and overseas phone call places?

But there isn't any, that's my point.

Well I don't know about Shields road so I'll bow down to you on that, but I just walked past Pret a Fucking Manger and it was heaving with students. There are LOADS of cheaper, tastier, local sandwich places around Newcastle and these scruffy shits choose to spend twice as much at a chain...then they'll complain about tuition fees.

I always stick a cushion underneath my laptop. Simple yet effective.

Aye, that's the thing - there's been a healthy shift back towards local shopping in hessian-bag-carrying middle-class areas, particularly in yer Lahndan, but what can you do if you want to shop locally but there's nowt there but pound shops and overseas phone call places?

That'll last till the next new fad arrives.

I still remember supermarkets pretty much chasing you out of the place with pitch forks and burning torches if you brought a reusable bag in there.

Although frankly if everyone actually wanted organic, "locally" grown food, we'd have no cities and about 1/10th of our current population in the UK.

It's amazing how 99% of the world problems can be solved by genocide of 99% of the world population. :unsure:;)

It's LONG past that time. ;)

Adding a small amount of agent orange to all alco-pops and/or burberry/white polyester should achieve the same end without all the hassle of licensing. :icon_lol:

I always stick a cushion underneath my laptop. Simple yet effective.

Spermicidal. :icon_lol::unsure:

My brother was just saying where he lives there's only one Fruit & Veg shop and instead of keeping his prices reasonable to keep local custom he sees it as an opportunity to arse rape you with a banana on his prices.

Can't win tbh

Your kid buys fruit and veg?

He doesn't look the sort.

My brother was just saying where he lives there's only one Fruit & Veg shop and instead of keeping his prices reasonable to keep local custom he sees it as an opportunity to arse rape you with a banana on his prices.

Can't win tbh

I dread to think what he does with it, probably for that backward lass he's kicking about with. Makes a mean Ham & Pea soup though

Can't win tbh

I dread to think what he does with it, probably for that backward lass he's kicking about with. Makes a mean Ham & Pea soup though

Reckon he hoys it out of his window at all the immigrants on his estate. Or to tempt the local horses to open up! :unsure: