Keeping pigs

Smooth Operator

Anyone got any experience of keeping pigs?

Saw this on the BBC website yesterday and thought one of these specially bred mini-pigs would make a good xmas present for the bairn who loves animals. If it's good enough for Jonathan Woss it's good enough for me! They only grow to about a fifth of the size of normal pigs apparently and I've got a huge back garden for it to roam in. Best thing is if i get sick of the swine I can easily slaughter it and live on bacon sarnies for a few months.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7044897.stm

Anyone got any experience of keeping pigs?

Saw this on the BBC website yesterday and thought one of these specially bred mini-pigs would make a good xmas present for the bairn who loves animals. If it's good enough for Jonathan Woss it's good enough for me! They only grow to about a fifth of the size of normal pigs apparently and I've got a huge back garden for it to roam in. Best thing is if i get sick of the swine I can easily slaughter it and live on bacon sarnies for a few months.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7044897.stm

From that it looks like you wouldn't even get a weeks worth of sarnies. Not even a half rack of ribs either, you'd have to kill the whole lot for a half decent barbecue for 4.

Guest James_coDurham

Fucking hell SMO, anything to cut down on the shopping bill. Bacon isn't that expensive anyway man if you buy it in bulk. Less messy than raising a pig.

If the film Snatch is to be believed, they also come in handy for getting rid of dead bodies!

Mythbusters: debunked

Does this mean someone has attempted to prove it may be true? :lol:

I've seen them use pig bodies to test human body myths.

Never seen them prove they couldn't be used to get rid of human parts though, especially as a few people tend to be eaten by them (although not necessarily killed first by them) a year.