Megabus

Meenzer

Getting from London to Newcastle on GNER shortly before Christmas = just about affordable.

Getting back again shortly after Christmas at anything less than full fare = nigh on impossible.

I'm almost - almost - considering surrendering myself to the joys of Megabus and their £1 fares. Six and a half hours on a bus full of, well, bus passengers compared with three hours on the train.

Talk me out of it somebody?

try drugs instead?

Why not as well?

On that I know someone that wanted to produce a documentary on the bus trip from Perth to Broome - a mere 2180km which if driven non stop will take about 26 hours.

Check out the route:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q...sa=N&tab=wl

And imagine it's 30 to 40C outside and your on a bus packed to it's capacity.

try drugs instead?

Why not as well?

On that I know someone that wanted to produce a documentary on the bus trip from Perth to Broome - a mere 2180km which if driven non stop will take about 26 hours.

Check out the route:

And it's full of cerayzee back-packers.

try drugs instead?

Why not as well?

Check out the route:

And it's full of cerayzee back-packers.

That and really fucked off miners who are on their one week off after five weeks on and are travelling back to see the family or the locals who have just been paroled and are heading home/as far away from the nick as possible.

Getting from London to Newcastle on GNER shortly before Christmas = just about affordable.

Getting back again shortly after Christmas at anything less than full fare = nigh on impossible.

I'm almost - almost - considering surrendering myself to the joys of Megabus and their £1 fares. Six and a half hours on a bus full of, well, bus passengers compared with three hours on the train.

Two solutions:

1. Buy a car

2. Do the sensible thing and give up London for the experimental failure that it is.

Two solutions:

1. Buy a car

2. Do the sensible thing and give up London for the experimental failure that it is.

:lol: The latter may well happen as soon as my better half graduates from uni here. The former, well, that depends where we end up afterwards and whether it has any kind of public transport. :o

Have you used it before? I used it recently and they have a more modern fleet than national express. I would say apart from the no drinking and extra time taken, it's miles preferable than the train. And at 10% of the fare, what more do you want? I couldn't see a difference in class of passengers either, unless you are in the habit of travelling 1st class by train. You don't get some arsehole getting on halfway through the journey claiming you're in his seat, and you always get a seat rather than having to stand inbetween carriages.

Edited by RlCO

An MP3 player and a good book should sort you out. If it makes you feel better, went I twer lad..we use to go to Spain on the bus. 28 hours that took.

Pah. There's a bus from Goa to Delhi that takes 42 hours. I didn't catch it though, thankfully.

I took the Megabus from London to Aberdeen and have absolutely no complaints.

Where can I find more information on this London - Australia bus?

Google.

I've Managed Aberdeen to Manchester and back once before. I managed this by having a psp to play Football Manager and watch a few films. I've also used many a time in the past to get to Glasgow or Edinburgh with not to many complaints. Also make sure you ask if you have to change buses. They don't always tell you that. :lol:

Guest Patrokles

Megabus isn't terrible as long as you have, as mentioned, something to do. Also you need music so you don't have to hear anything. I took it from London to Glasgow and back. Nine terrible hours each way. Then I got back to Kings Cross and saw the train to Edinburgh (my destination) return was actually a fiver cheaper.