Megabus

Meenzer

Megabus isn't terrible as long as you have, as mentioned, something to do. Also you need music so you don't have to hear anything. I took it from London to Glasgow and back. Nine terrible hours each way. Then I got back to Kings Cross and saw the train to Edinburgh (my destination) return was actually a fiver cheaper.

Planning tbh

Well after all that, I've shifted my dates and got a halfway decent train fare after all. Sorry for the panic. :lol:

Will be in town for the Derby match too. Early start for drinkies mind. :o

Peasant wagons. You've had a luck escape there Meenzer.

Have you tried them? I can't believe anyone would want the train given the price difference. If you're that bothered about time, think ahead and fly for the same cost as the train. Even driving is a mare nowadays with wall to wall road rage tossers, dozy lane hoggers and point to point cameras on the motorways.

Have you tried them? I can't believe anyone would want the train given the price difference. If you're that bothered about time, think ahead and fly for the same cost as the train. Even driving is a mare nowadays with wall to wall road rage tossers, dozy lane hoggers and point to point cameras on the motorways.

Just checked their website. £14.50 for the megabus on the dates I wanted. Thats unreal!

Flying > driving > train > walking > bus tbh.

If you're that bothered about time, think ahead and fly for the same cost as the train.

That's the trouble when it comes to London, by the time you've schlepped all the way out to Heathrow, Gatwick or Stansted and waited around after checking in in good time, you might as well have taken the train in the first place...

Good way to wind up carbon footprint-obsessed friends though. :lol:

If you're that bothered about time, think ahead and fly for the same cost as the train.

That's the trouble when it comes to London, by the time you've schlepped all the way out to Heathrow, Gatwick or Stansted and waited around after checking in in good time, you might as well have taken the train in the first place...

I'm flying out from Gatwick next week and mulled over various options of getting there. It'll now take me about an hour on the plane from Newcastle. And my carbon footprints are going to be all over Africa in the next month :o

I'm flying out from Gatwick next week and mulled over various options of getting there. It'll now take me about an hour on the plane from Newcastle. And my carbon footprints are going to be all over Africa in the next month <_<

Aye, if you're flying on from there and you can get a decent enough price with Jet2, it's always worth going for that and avoiding the hassle of getting from Kings Cross over to Gatwick. Although I'd have come to the station and waved as your train zoomed past. :o

I'm flying out from Gatwick next week and mulled over various options of getting there. It'll now take me about an hour on the plane from Newcastle. And my carbon footprints are going to be all over Africa in the next month <_<

Aye, if you're flying on from there and you can get a decent enough price with Jet2, it's always worth going for that and avoiding the hassle of getting from Kings Cross over to Gatwick. Although I'd have come to the station and waved as your train zoomed past. <_<

If you're doing nowt on the 15th Nov then come and have lunch with me at Gatwick on my way back. I've got a good few hours wait for my flight back up home :o

If you're doing nowt on the 15th Nov then come and have lunch with me at Gatwick on my way back. I've got a good few hours wait for my flight back up home :lol:

Workload permitting, I might just take you up on that! Although I suspect the lunch options there will just about stretch to a Boots Meal Deal or something lovingly microwaved by the Eastern Europeans behind the bar at one of the Wetherspoons-a-like drinking establishments. Mind you, after three weeks in Foreign you might be gagging for some pub grub...

If you're doing nowt on the 15th Nov then come and have lunch with me at Gatwick on my way back. I've got a good few hours wait for my flight back up home :lol:

Workload permitting, I might just take you up on that! Although I suspect the lunch options there will just about stretch to a Boots Meal Deal or something lovingly microwaved by the Eastern Europeans behind the bar at one of the Wetherspoons-a-like drinking establishments. Mind you, after three weeks in Foreign you might be gagging for some pub grub...

We can just go to the pub then :o

We can just go to the pub then <_<

Clearly the best way to ensure high-quality translations for the rest of the afternoon. I approve! :o