Newcastle shut door on talk of losing Michael Owen at cut price

ewerk

Crouch???

FFS!

seconded

What's a matter with Crouch as the head of a 4-3-3?

Unplayable in the air, excellent link up play and proving a good finisher with Liverpool.

Theres nowt wrong with crouch as a player - i just think that a club with a billionaire owner, an ambitous manager and the clubs obvious potential could do better.

What like Liverpool?!??

Who have dumped Crouch down to something like 4th choice striker.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Crouch???

FFS!

seconded

Unplayable in the air, excellent link up play and proving a good finisher with Liverpool.

Theres nowt wrong with crouch as a player - i just think that a club with a billionaire owner, an ambitous manager and the clubs obvious potential could do better.

Who else would be better at playing at the head of a 4-3-3 that we could expect to attract?

Crouch???

FFS!

seconded

What like Liverpool?!??

Crouch = Ameobi but a few more goals.

Ameobi but a few more goals?!

Clueless.

Crouch???

FFS!

seconded

What like Liverpool?!??

Yet was above Bellamy in the pecking order last season, things change though and just because he's not highly thought of at Liverpool anymore now they've changed their approach to games to accommodate Torres doesn't mean he couldn't be an excellent signing for us and Allardyce's preferred tactics.

Crouch???

FFS!

seconded

What like Liverpool?!??

Yet was above Bellamy in the pecking order last season, things change though and just because he's not highly thought of at Liverpool anymore now they've changed their approach to games to accommodate Torres doesn't mean he couldn't be an excellent signing for us and Allardyce's preferred tactics.

You can't see any conflict there? Liverpool change their system to take advantage of a world class player, but you want our world class player shopped so we can buy one of their cast-offs to fit a system? I'm not convinced on Alardyce's insistence on 4-3-3 either, I thinks he's been flexible.

Crouch???

FFS!

seconded

What like Liverpool?!??

You can't see any conflict there? Liverpool change their system to take advantage of a world class player, but you want our world class player shopped so we can buy one of their cast-offs to fit a system? I'm not convinced on Alardyce's insistence on 4-3-3 either, I thinks he's been flexible.

The difference is Rafa signed the players he wants to play the way he wants, Allardyce on the other hand has to work with the players he's got and try to make a team out of that, he's said himself that he prefers the 4-3-3 formation and back when he was linked with the England job he said he'd go with 4-3-3 and wouldn't have Owen in his starting 11 so why would he sacrifice that system to play him now?

Why does he continue to try and get his players to work in a 4-3-3 formation when Owen is out instead of continuing with a 4-4-2 formation?

Crouch???

FFS!

seconded

What like Liverpool?!??

anyone: Hey look Rico that pot there is black!

rico: fuck off no it's not, it's pink!

anyone: but Rico, it's a black pot!

rico: it's fucking pink I tell you!

Mate at the moment you'd try and pick an argument in an empty fucking room!

Crouch???

FFS!

seconded

What like Liverpool?!??

anyone: Hey look Rico that pot there is black!

rico: fuck off no it's not, it's pink!

anyone: but Rico, it's a black pot!

rico: it's fucking pink I tell you!

Mate at the moment you'd try and pick an argument in an empty fucking room!

I could just call you clueless like Baggio, would that be better for you? Last time I looked this was a forum... And why are you even bothered, I wasn't even replying to you?

Crouch???

FFS!

seconded

We could do worse than Crouch perhaps.

But for Owen? I'd still wager on Owen scoring a lot more no matter the system.

And he (Crouch) is not actually all that good in the air considering the 5 metres (:lol:) height advantage he has over most players. It's like saying a lamppost is unplayable in the air, so long as you hit it exactly with the ball every time.

Crouch???

FFS!

seconded

And he (Crouch) is not actually all that good in the air considering the 5 metres (:lol:) height advantage he has over most players. It's like saying a lamppost is unplayable in the air, so long as you hit it exactly with the ball every time.

He's actually better if he gets a high looping ball as he can use his height rather than the sort of whipped-in ball strikers normally thrive on. Which is great news for Milner.

Crouch???

FFS!

seconded

That's my thinking aswell. If we were trading up then maybe, but we certainly aren't at the moment.

Crouch???

FFS!

seconded

Owen would score more goals but he wouldn't suit the system at all, they've tried playing him up front on his own for England and he just doesn't offer enough to the whole team be able to play there.

Look at the way Kevin Davies played at Bolton and Crouch is a massive upgrade on him, his link up play is first class and he's strong on the ball when holding it up, he's also good for a few goals over the season, he isn't great in the air when heading at goal but for flick on's and knock downs I think we'll struggle to find anyone better.

I could just call you clueless like Baggio, would that be better for you? Last time I looked this was a forum... And why are you even bothered, I wasn't even replying to you?

Sounds familiar.

Allow me to Yank up this thread: It's certainly realistic to talk of us signing Crouch since his future does not lie at Liverpool (he doesn't even make the 16 half the time) but as I don't rate him at all I can't stomach losing even Owen for him. If Big Sam wants to play 4-3-3 with a big man up front, well, we have a target man already who's better than Crouch in Viduka. I'm not sure why he doesn't go for Viduka, Martins and Owen, unless it's because Owen lacks the pace to play in that formation. Maybe Smith might get some time properly used as a forward in a 4-3-3.

What like Liverpool?!??

And why are you even bothered, I wasn't even replying to you?

My post, no?

So why are you annoyed at me for pointing out Crouch is 4th choice at Liverpool?

Is Rico that wanker Vic?

:lol: I did wonder that a while ago but I don't think so.

I think it could be, which would be a shame.

It could be like. He always reins himself in for a while then goes back to being a complete prick. The lack of football knowledge would suggest it might be him although I can't believe Vic wouldn't know for sure what the exact layout of an island jet is.

Is Rico that wanker Vic?

I presume this Vic is an ex poster like the mythical Thompers? I found this place from Rivals recently and started using it more as it seemed more level headed without debates resorting to slanging matches unlike over there. Still, looking at sammy I guess I might have been wrong...

What like Liverpool?!??

My post, no?

So why are you annoyed at me for pointing out Crouch is 4th choice at Liverpool?

I'm not, you just seem to have the ability to argue anything with anyone with very little to support said argument.

The original comment was that Crouch wouldn't be a choice for a team with ambitions and a millionaire owner, unless Liverpool doesn't fit into that category (which before you sprout 4th choice, he's still one of their strikers.)

Anyway it's not just this thread.

Take the subject of a plane you've never been on or who our strikers are or where Barton comes from or ...

See a pattern developing?

Is Rico that wanker Vic?

I presume this Vic is an ex poster like the mythical Thompers? I found this place from Rivals recently and started using it more as it seemed more level headed without debates resorting to slanging matches unlike over there. Still, looking at sammy I guess I might have been wrong...

FFS > arsehole calling armpit hairy.

You wouldn't happen to like kid cock and james bl©unt per chance?

What like Liverpool?!??

My post, no?

I'm not, you just seem to have the ability to argue anything with anyone with very little to support said argument.

The original comment was that Crouch wouldn't be a choice for a team with ambitions and a millionaire owner, unless Liverpool doesn't fit into that category (which before you sprout 4th choice, he's still one of their strikers.)

Take the subject of a plane you've never been on or who our strikers are or where Barton comes from or ...

So basically you're just trying to justify being a hissy cunt.

What like Liverpool?!??

My post, no?

So basically you're just trying to justify being a hissy cunt.

hissy cunt > clueless twat obviously yours is better than mine now isn't it :lol: