Russia v England (4 o'clock kick off)

RlCO

That reminded me so much of our performance against Derby. Scotland could not string to passes together in the whole match. I am not being bitter but I really didn't think Georgia were "that good", we however were fucking awful.

The full backs were awful, though Alexander was playing out of position but Murty was terrible (again). McFadden, whilst he tried, and Maloney gave the ball away far to cheaply and Miller and Pearson were hardly in the game. Fletcher did not look anywhere near fit enough either.

Oh well it looks like the dream may be over and I predict another "glorious in defeat" performance by us against the World Champions at Hampden.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck England, we got beat of Russia, me fucking Russian will never shut up about it now. Even tho am not English he knows i support England hes gonna do my head in with his Russian accent.

Fuck England, we got beat of Russia, me fucking Russian will never shut up about it now. Even tho am not English he knows i support England hes gonna do my head in with his Russian accent.

:lol: Anton's accent is class.

I said a while ago that it would probably be better for England not to qualify in the long term. It was painfully obvious that McClaren was useless, and even if we did manage to stumble to the finals the very best we could hope for would be the dismal offerings we had last year, which would mean that he would probably just about keep his job, and then fuck up our chances of the next tournement. Of course I still want us to qualify, but every cloud and all that.

Plus my brother is planning on stewarding in Switzerland, that'll teach the little bollix.

Disagree,I think Steve has been a good manager for us he doesn't pick players just because of there name and you can't say for about 7 matches running we haven't played "Well".

Are you basing that on him picking Gareth Barry (who has played really well) over a half-fit Lampard for the last two games?

:lol:

Oh yes but he did drop Beckham (our best player at the world cup) to stamp his 'authority' whilst the team has suffered. And we've played fucking pub teams, I'd have expected us to win all of them.

I said a while ago that it would probably be better for England not to qualify in the long term. It was painfully obvious that McClaren was useless, and even if we did manage to stumble to the finals the very best we could hope for would be the dismal offerings we had last year, which would mean that he would probably just about keep his job, and then fuck up our chances of the next tournement. Of course I still want us to qualify, but every cloud and all that.

Plus my brother is planning on stewarding in Switzerland, that'll teach the little bollix.

Disagree,I think Steve has been a good manager for us he doesn't pick players just because of there name and you can't say for about 7 matches running we haven't played "Well".

Are you basing that on him picking Gareth Barry (who has played really well) over a half-fit Lampard for the last two games?

Oh yes but he did drop Beckham (our best player at the world cup) to stamp his 'authority' whilst the team has suffered. And we've played fucking pub teams, I'd have expected us to win all of them.

All the players he discarded to show he meant business have been let back in now: Beckham; James; Campbell; Heskey.

It's going to be weird having a big summer tournament without us in it. USA '94 wasn't the same for our absence, even though you could pretend to support Ireland in that one.

Ironically I loved USA '94. Just watched it as a spectacle, without any vested interest/inevitable gloom at England's efforts and it was a bit of a laugh. The fact that each game started gone midnight and there was some serious pre-match drinking time probably helped like.

In actual fact I'm with Luke and his earlier comments. I'd be prepared for England to sit the Euro's out this time to force changes through. I'm fed up of being told we're world beaters, it's fucking laughable now tbh.

I'd hate for us to miss out on a World Cup/scrape into a World Cup and give another shit account of ourselves and if there is any upside to missing the forthcoming Euro's it might just be that changes are made which put us on a better course for 2010.

Good luck to Scotland mind you. I would be happy to get behind the Jocks come next summer so I hope they qualify....though that looks equally unlikely now I'm afraid.

I hope they do well. Pity they can't extend the courtesy, supporting whoever we're playing (generally). Arsewipes. I was only 9 in 1994, so I wasn't allowed to stay up that late (although I was allowed to watch the final), gonna be really weird for me to have a tournement without England.

Good luck to Scotland mind you. I would be happy to get behind the Jocks come next summer so I hope they qualify....though that looks equally unlikely now I'm afraid.

I hope they do well. Pity they can't extend the courtesy, supporting whoever we're playing (generally). Arsewipes. I was only 9 in 1994, so I wasn't allowed to stay up that late (although I was allowed to watch the final), gonna be really weird for me to have a tournement without England.

Only allowed to watch the final :lol:

Probably one of the worst games I have ever seen.

Edited by Sima

It's going to be weird having a big summer tournament without us in it. USA '94 wasn't the same for our absence, even though you could pretend to support Ireland in that one.

Ironically I loved USA '94. Just watched it as a spectacle, without any vested interest/inevitable gloom at England's efforts and it was a bit of a laugh. The fact that each game started gone midnight and there was some serious pre-match drinking time probably helped like.

In actual fact I'm with Luke and his earlier comments. I'd be prepared for England to sit the Euro's out this time to force changes through. I'm fed up of being told we're world beaters, it's fucking laughable now tbh.

I'd hate for us to miss out on a World Cup/scrape into a World Cup and give another shit account of ourselves and if there is any upside to missing the forthcoming Euro's it might just be that changes are made which put us on a better course for 2010.

Strange isn't it? I loved USA '94 for exactly the same reason. I remember one cerazee student night where we were bonged to fuck with towels on our heads putting our full support behind Saudi Arabia who were playing Holland. We was robbed. Sima's right about the final like although a half-fit Baresi put in one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen.

No chance, I hope they lose and lose badly. They hate us with a passion and there's no way on this planet I'd want them to do well - my sister-in-law's a jock and she typified their attitude for me when she purposefully went out and bought an Argentina shirt when we played the dirty South Americans in the last competative match we had with them. It's nice to have the other 'home' nations in tournaments with us but I'd never support them.

Strange isn't it? I loved USA '94 for exactly the same reason. I remember one cerazee student night where we were bonged to fuck with towels on our heads putting our full support behind Saudi Arabia who were playing Holland. We was robbed. Sima's right about the final like although a half-fit Baresi put in one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen.

Quality! :lol:

Yeah the final was as awful as the opening ceremony with Diana Ross. In fact she could have taken Baggio's penalty tbh.

The tournament overall was awesome though and cracking entertainment value. Brazil finally got their act together after years, Saudi were immense as an underdog, Germany getting knocked out was beautiful, stand out performances from Stoichkov and Hagi for Bulgaria and Romania respectively, Maradonna was a complete carnival (and probably on more drugs than you) but still ridiculously entertaining....but overall the abiding impression for me was just how much of a privilige it was to see Roberto Baggio virtually carry Italy to the final singlehandedly. Abley assisted by Baresi as you say (always stood a chance with him marshalling things)...but they were average at best that tournament and Baggio just stepped up his game. True great tbh.

No chance, I hope they lose and lose badly. They hate us with a passion and there's no way on this planet I'd want them to do well - my sister-in-law's a jock and she typified their attitude for me when she purposefully went out and bought an Argentina shirt when we played the dirty South Americans in the last competative match we had with them. It's nice to have the other 'home' nations in tournaments with us but I'd never support them.

Same old, same old...

Edited by Scottish Mag

Yeah I accept all that tbh (although your sister-in-law sounds like a turbo cunt and needs a kick in the minge)....I'd say about 90% have the attitude you've described. I'm not that arsed though, I'd get behind them cos they're British and theyre underdogs at the end of the day....and if I want an angle in a game that I have no really stake in then I usually cheer for the underdog.

Quality! :lol:

Yeah the final was as awful as the opening ceremony with Diana Ross. In fact she could have taken Baggio's penalty tbh.

The tournament overall was awesome though and cracking entertainment value. Brazil finally got their act together after years, Saudi were immense as an underdog, Germany getting knocked out was beautiful, stand out performances from Stoichkov and Hagi for Bulgaria and Romania respectively, Maradonna was a complete carnival (and probably on more drugs than you) but still ridiculously entertaining....but overall the abiding impression for me was just how much of a privilige it was to see Roberto Baggio virtually carry Italy to the final singlehandedly. Abley assisted by Baresi as you say (always stood a chance with him marshalling things)...but they were average at best that tournament and Baggio just stepped up his game. True great tbh.

My bedroom was like a Bedouin tent tbh, it even smelled like a camel. Correct about Baggio, he pretty much carried them to the final and pulled them out the proverbial on more than one occasion (they were very fortunate against a good Nigerian side). I also remember Romania v Argentina as being one of the best matches I've ever seen. Pure quality, all-out-attacking football from both sides.

Let us not forget Paul McGrath single handedly keeping out that Italian side as well. :lol:

Aye. Feel a bit bad not giving Romario a mention too. Or Leonardo for twatting that Yank. More of that would soon eradicate shirt-pulling in the game.

Zathras: :lol::o<_<

Aye. Feel a bit bad not giving Romario a mention too. Or Leonardo for twatting that Yank. More of that would soon eradicate shirt-pulling in the game.

Zathras: :o<_< <_<

Fucking hell forgot about that, he absolutely caned Ramos. :lol:

Aye Romario deserves a mention, for being the genius that he is. Still the best I've seen after Ronaldo in my lifetime, in what if I'm being honest was an average Brazil team who were more efficient than anything else, as it had never been Parreira's style to play the style that all Brazilians love, hense why that team was never really loved in a sense by the Brazilian public to say one such as the '82 side, who despite never winning the trophy are still adored to this day by that nation.

I still adore the '82 Brazil team if I'm being honest.

A bit '82 and '94 related, did you know Socrates and Rai are brothers? :lol:

Whey aye. It was mentioned a few times in the '94 tournament, that's the only reason I knew about it.

I still adore the '82 Brazil team if I'm being honest.

Perfect example for Cruijf's stance that football is not necessarily about winning but about how you play. I guess the Brazil team of '82 made a more lasting impression than the Italians in the end.

And '94 was absolutely shit tbh. :lol:

Same goes for the '82 French team. I liked Italy in the final though :lol:

I have particularly fond memories of Platini and Poland's Boniek from that competition (Juve team mates too).

The England team under Ron Greenwood were pretty good in 1982 too. Played 5, won 3, drew 2 and only conceded 1 but went out in the daft 2nd group stage they had back then.