Gazza Or Pedro?

Tooj

Right,

I'm canny bored as I'm waiting to go out shall we say, so I thought I would create a bit of Friday night debate for me to return home to.

If you had a choice, right now, to bring back one or the other into our current setup? Who would you bring back?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beardsley - his overall contribution to a team was so much more and very understated.

Both were awesome players but to me, Gazza's input was concentrated only on individual genius. Beardsley had that but could encorporate into the team as well. Cole and Lineker wouldn't have been half the deadly strikers they were had they not played alongside Pedro IMO. And a good proportion of Liverpool fans claim that the greatest ever Liverpool team coincided with Beardsley playing for them.

Beardsley. Gazza's an arsehole tbh

Roy Keane's an arsehole but I'd damn sure of took him in our team.

Yeah, but Keane isn't borderline retarded. Gazza is.

I'd say Keane is borderline retarded and Gazza is actually retarded.

With them both in their prime I would take Pedro for the long haul for his hard work and consistancy in performence, but for the short haul I would take Gazza for the flair and playmaking he brought to the game, something we are sadly lacking today.

With them both in their prime I would take Pedro for the long haul for his hard work and consistancy in performence, but for the short haul I would take Gazza for the flair and playmaking he brought to the game, something we are sadly lacking today.

Pedro has flair / ability to make the killer pass in abundance too. Gazza was arguably the complete midfielder at his peak though.

If you had a choice, right now, to bring back one or the other into our current setup? Who would you bring back?

If you're giving me powers like that then.....

Both (and a 25 year old Shearer too). :razz:

Guest Patrokles
I grew up with the Beardsley/Cole partnership, so I'd take Pedro over Gazza.

Really? It wasn't apparent.

I'm the one with the career, the Masters degree, the long-term relationship and the apartment in a different country here. You're the little boy with a job he hates who has to work nights and can't spell. Suck ball, Thompers.