Swing Low Sweet Bollocks

wykikitoon

Fair play to them, they seem to have done really well. Although by the sounds of it Rob Andrew must have been looking to get rid of Ashton after the tournament but their surprise success has made that far more difficult to do.

Why has it?

the term, wallpapering over the cracks comes to mind.

I don't know if it is wallpapering over the cracks or re-building. The JCLs (and I include most of the press in this!) look at the fact that 4 years ago we won it and this year we were runners up so have regressed or failed.

In truth the starting XV on Saturday only contained 4 (Jason Robinson, Johnny Wilkinson, Phil Vickery & Ben Kay) of the starting XV from the 2003 final. Most of the key players from 4 years ago were at the end of the careers and I remember it was said at the time they were peaking just at the right moment.

When you consider how England have been over the past 4 years (particularly under Robinson), I think we're currently in the ascendency with some very good potential within. The six nations are going to be very interesting next year... :razz:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic