Paranoia strikes deep in the hartlands

qscqscqsc

I stumbles across this today.....

http://www.ncr.com/solutions/pos_solutions...scan_78_ofx.jsp

[ncr make most of the worlds atms]

Sent a shudder through me.

I have a friend who keeps telling me that in the new european empire noone can buy or sell without a state authorised barcode.

Just to add to the paranooia...

revelation ch 13 v 16-18

Have a nice weekend )

That number of the beast thing / barcodes was alluded to in 'Naked'. Which is a fucking mint film btw. I thought it was meant to be bollocks though. And I'm fairly confident The Book of Revelations is bollocks.

I stumbles across this today.....

http://www.ncr.com/solutions/pos_solutions...scan_78_ofx.jsp

[ncr make most of the worlds atms]

Sent a shudder through me.

I have a friend who keeps telling me that in the new european empire noone can buy or sell without a state authorised barcode.

Just to add to the paranooia...

revelation ch 13 v 16-18

Have a nice weekend )

Thow shalt not post bollocks on forums?

Didnt think so.....

:razz:

"And I'm fairly confident The Book of Revelations is bollocks."

Well that would be one opinion, which others would disagree with.

How many times have you read it? However i would agree its a difficult book to get a grasp of. It was always ment to be a book full of code.

I find it interesting that its coming true. The clamour over the eu constitution shows that we no longer live in a democracy in europe.

(i woould be suprised if brown has the guts to stand back from the edge)

The roman empire has been rezed and its citizens will soon be under martial law. The finance of the uk is built on sinking sands.

If the house market collapses, then a wave of defalters could collapse one or more banks.

Paper money could become useless.

The electronic supply will be controlled by brussels and barcodes handed to approved citizens.

Some time in next 3 years!

How many times have you read it? However i would agree its a difficult book to get a grasp of. It was always ment to be a book full of code.

I find it interesting that its coming true. The clamour over the eu constitution shows that we no longer live in a democracy in europe.

The roman empire has been rezed and its citizens will soon be under martial law. The finance of the uk is built on sinking sands.

If the house market collapses, then a wave of defalters could collapse one or more banks.

The electronic supply will be controlled by brussels and barcodes handed to approved citizens.

B):razz:

:D

if you honestly, balls to bones believe this.. you should absolutely seek psychiatric help my friend, this level of paranoia is going to start affecting your day-to-day life.

first it's the EU as the enemy, next step is Space Lizards...

B):razz:

:D

if you honestly, balls to bones believe this.. you should absolutely seek psychiatric help my friend, this level of paranoia is going to start affecting your day-to-day life.

first it's the EU as the enemy, next step is Space Lizards...

Nope.

They are deffo here to help...

So i suppose some of you bright young things, will omit to blink an eye when the country isnt allowed to vote on the eu constitution?

DOnt you think its odd, that the Pm of poland who was blocking the constitution talks has suddenly been toppled?

Gordon Brown knows the right thing would be to take britain out of this den of vipers, but hedoesnt have the balls to pull it off. One reason he looks so miserable atmo.

I fully understand why people wish to live as ostriches, when the truth about reality is a painful thing!

So i suppose some of you bright young things, will omit to blink an eye when the country isnt allowed to vote on the eu constitution?

DOnt you think its odd, that the Pm of poland who was blocking the constitution talks has suddenly been toppled?

Gordon Brown knows the right thing would be to take britain out of this den of vipers, but hedoesnt have the balls to pull it off. One reason he looks so miserable atmo.

I fully understand why people wish to live as ostriches, when the truth about reality is a painful thing!

What's Kilroy doing here?

Hardly a revelation like :razz: Btw, I have actually read the Book of Revelations and I'm guessing the interpretations above are 2nd hand and from some xenophobic conspiracy website and not your own.

Edited by alex

"the interpretations above are 2nd hand "

Now thats a good question )

I guess i did get them from some books i read back in the 80s, so i could say that the view i currently adopt is partly my own and partly someone elses; i agreed with their argument. It made sense to me.

Maybe they could be termed as coming from a school of thought called `dispensational theology` which i think started around 1890`s.

Cant really say my views are influenced much by recent `end time `stuff from usa. tbh i am always critical of what gets spouted off in usa, having worked there i know how much americans are subject to `herd mentality`.

There are alot of things happening in the world that reflect what is predicted in revelation. FOr instance the emergence of china as a world power as given in revelation. The rise to power of russia [russia will invade israel some time in next 10years]and of the eu. etc

Edited by qscqscqsc

"the interpretations above are 2nd hand "

Now thats a good question )

I guess i did get them from some books i read back in the 80s, so i could say that the view i currently adopt is partly my own and partly someone elses; i agreed with their argument. It made sense to me.

Maybe they could be termed as coming from a school of thought called `dispensational theology` which i think started around 1890`s.

Cant really say my views are influenced much by recent `end time `stuff from usa. tbh i am always critical of what gets spouted off in usa, having worked there i know how much americans are subject to `herd mentality`.

There are alot of things happening in the world that reflect what is predicted in revelation. FOr instance the emergence of china as a world power as given in revelation. The rise to power of russia [russia will invade israel some time in next 10years]and of the eu. etc

That's quite interesting. Which particular bits of Revelation are you referring to though?

Racist cunt.

Being outside of Europe isn't an option really. Britain is too small to be able to stand on it's own. And I don't want a referendum I think we should have a referendum on having a referendum.

"Britain is too small to be able to stand on it's own"

I disagree. However small in what sense? You mean economically?

You are forgetting that London is almost the financial centre of the world. Most of the worlds capitalist ecenomies come here to raise money eg aim market.

I think Britain lost its direction in the 50s, and ted heath thought that euro integration was the way forward. Its was the obvious choice, but imo it showed a lack of real vision.

Imo we should ignore europe and forge relations with india, china and russia. Also norway, iceland/greenland(danes) and canada. The politics of the north pole coould be very important in next few years. A trade route to china!

This is all academic tbh, likely hood is the world will be at war by 2012 anyway. No doubt sparked off in the middle east!!

Edited by qscqscqsc

"Britain is too small to be able to stand on it's own"

I disagree. However small in what sense? You mean economically?

You are forgetting that London is almost the financial centre of the world. Most of the worlds capitalist ecenomies come here to raise money eg aim market.

I think Britain lost its direction in the 50s, and ted heath thought that euro integration was the way forward. Its was the obvious choice, but imo it showed a lack of real vision.

Imo we should ignore europe and forge relations with india, china and russia. Also norway, iceland/greenland(danes) and canada. The politics of the north pole coould be very important in next few years. A trade route to china!

This is all academic tbh, likely hood is the world will be at war by 2012 anyway. No doubt sparked off in the middle east!!

And you want more democracy LOL. I now know all I need to about your knowledge of international politics and economics.

Briatin COULD go it alone - we're no different from Japan and a hell of lot bigger than Singapore for example

but.....................

we'd still have to conform to a lot of EU legistlation to be able to trade there, we'd still be in NATO, we'd still be an American Aircraft Carrier

we TRIED to set up a deal with the nordic nations way back - it was called EFTA - and it was a loser - small countries, not much trade (I mean... GREENLAND - hell there are more people in the Leazes end)

overall I don't tyhink we'd be any better off (unless you are a fisherman) - and we'd still be importing thousands of E yuropeans to do the work thatthe Brits won't do...............

Briatin COULD go it alone - we're no different from Japan and a hell of lot bigger than Singapore for example

but.....................

we'd still have to conform to a lot of EU legistlation to be able to trade there, we'd still be in NATO, we'd still be an American Aircraft Carrier

we TRIED to set up a deal with the nordic nations way back - it was called EFTA - and it was a loser - small countries, not much trade (I mean... GREENLAND - hell there are more people in the Leazes end)

overall I don't tyhink we'd be any better off (unless you are a fisherman) - and we'd still be importing thousands of E yuropeans to do the work thatthe Brits won't do...............

Christ that gcse kid is a bad example of how a little knowledge can be dangerous in the hands of an idiot.

Anyway, iirc we only entered into EFTA after the EEC (as it was then) and De Gaulle in particular wouldn't let us join the first time we tried to join them.

REVELATION CHAPTER 13 THE BEAST OF THE SEA

THE BEAST

“And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass like the oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the MOST HIGH ruleth in the kingdom of men and giveth it to whomsoever He will.” (Dan.4: 32)

THE BEAST OF THE SEA

“And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.”

(Rev.13: 1)

The exposition of this chapter comes with the inherit danger of being either too vague to be helpful, or too specific, and therefore wrong. The present author will attempt to expound this chapter using hermeneutical principles, and will offer a number of suggestions. Real flesh will be attached to the bones of this exegesis in a separate chapter on current events.

The R.V. reads: “and he (= the dragon) stood on the sand of the sea” The dragon is waiting to transfer his power to the new monster that is about to emerge from the sea. The word used for sea here is thalassa – no doubt to draw us to Daniel 7: 3 “four great beasts came up from the sea.” The sea here is interchangeable with the “bottomless pit” (abussos). The sea is often used generically for the Gentile nations1 but in the light of the features displayed by the beast, it is most probably the Persian gulf.

John draws us immediately to Daniel by mentioning that the beast has seven heads, which is the totality of the heads of the monsters in Daniel chapter seven. Unlike Daniel, John is concerned with a single kingdom rather than with a succession of four kingdoms. The beast represents therefore the kingdom of men – the whole image is standing! It is interesting to note that in the original, this verse (which the R.V. renders) mentions the ten horns first, which is the reverse order of Daniel:

“having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns ten crowns.”

The vision, is then, focused on the ten horns. The ten horns are ten independent powers, who at some point pool their sovereignty, “ten kings give their power and strength to the beast” (17: 12). Peter Watkins astutely remarks:

“This means that ten kings ask the beast to be king over them. Because they are themselves kings, they virtually invite the beast to be King of Kings. Hence the comment: The Lamb shall overcome them: for he [not the beast] is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.” (17: 14)2

This is why the horns of the beast in 17: 3 have no crowns.

These ten kings no doubt correspond with the “ten toes” on the feet of Nebuchadnezzar's image. So we are witnessing things immediately before the God of heaven sets up his kingdom.

“And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.” (Dan. 2:41-44)

We note that, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men and they shall not cleave one to another. In this passage we find two references to Genesis:

2: 24: Therefore shall a man (Adam) leave his father and mother (God) and cleave unto his wife. (Eve)

6: 2: The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

The above connections suggest an allegiance between the sons of God (Jews) and the surrounding nations.1 The emphasis is not necessarily on intermarriage but on making covenants with strangers;

“But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites; Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.” (1 Kings 11:1-2)

Solomon was in the first instance, “a son of God” (2 Sam.7: 14 not the Son) and he saw that the daughters of men were fair, and married them for political reasons (1Kgs.3: 1). This brought temporary stability to his empire, but eventually turned his heart to idol worship [image of the beast]. What began as the kingdom of God, drawing admiration from the surrounding nations, ended as a parody of itself, an over taxed, self indulgent, idolatrous kingdom raising an income of 666 talents of gold per annum for Solomon. (1 Kgs.10: 14, 2Chron.9: 13)

Solomon, with all his God given wisdom should have known better; “thou shalt make no covenant with them, neither shalt thou make marriages with them…for they shall turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods….Neither shalt thou bring an abomination [idol = image of the beast] into thine house.” (Deut.7: 3,4,26)

This corresponds with the marrying and giving in marriage in the synoptics (Mtt.24: 38; Lk.17: 27), which is a reference to the intermarriage of the sons of God and the daughters of men in the days of Noah (Gen.6: 2) – so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

Marriage is viewed in scripture as a covenant, made not only with the person involved but also with their gods.

The feet of Daniel’s image represents a marriage between strong (iron) and brittle (clay) nations. A mixing of nations who were once part of the iron of the Roman empire (like Syria and Israel) and those who were made from the clay of the Euphrates (like Parthia). It is the mixing of a privileged, elect nation, (sons of God) with the seed of men – but they shall not cleave. What God has joined let not man put asunder – but God has not blessed this union.

This beast has on its heads the name (R.V. names) of blasphemy, 1 as it does in 17: 3.

Later these names of blasphemy are transferred to the woman who rides the beast, for she is called; MYSTERY BABYLON (17: 15)

THE LION MOUTH

“And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.” (Rev.13 :2)

Once again John lists the characteristics of Daniel’s beast in reverse order: like a leopard, it’s feet like a bear’s and it’s mouth like a lion’s mouth. What is notable about this description is the emphasis on the middle-eastern elements. The leopard representing the Greek- Persian Seleucid empire, a bear representing Media and the Lion representing Babylon. All these empires centred around Babylon, and all possessed the land of Israel within their jurisdiction. While it might be argued that the beast has seven heads and therefore the fourth beast (Rome) is indirectly included – it is not however to the fourth beast that John directs our attention, but to the ten horns. These ten horns (ten kings Dan.7: 24; Rev.17: 12) arise out of this kingdom (out of the fourth beast).1 The beast is then in it’s latest incarnation a loose confederation of ten kings.

The important aspect of this beast is the lion-like (Babylonian) mouth-piece. This mouth speaks great things and blasphemies (13: 5). The lion mouth (Nebuchadnezzar) said ;

“Is this not great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power and for the honour of my majesty?” (Dan.4: 30)

This is also modelled on the little horn of Daniel 8: 9, which speaks “words against the Most High (7: 25) and who magnifies himself in his heart (8: 25) 2

The dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority – this transfer of power constitutes a brief “enthronization” scene, in which it is revealed that the beast is an agent or plenipotentiary of the dragon or more specifically Satan (12: 9). The power of the beast empire is therefore satanic in origin. In the first century this monster was embodied by the red dragon with seven heads, ten horns and seven crowns (12: 3) – representative of the Roman Empire, ruled from seven hills and under the emperor Nero, the sixth Caesar at the time of writing (five fallen, one is 17: 9-10 see digression 12.1) There was, however one more still to come, who would continue a short while (3½ years). This is the beast of (13: 1) who is the scarlet beast (17: 3), deriving power from the same source – dragon (satan).

SCARLET BEAST =

10 KING EMPIRE

FUTURE

Opposition to God is embodied in these human empires. After the devil showed Jesus all the kingdoms of the world, he makes the following statement ;

“And the devil (satan) said to him, “To you will I give all this authority and their glory; for it has been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will.”

We note the following parallels:

JESUS..................... BEAST EMPIRE

1. Emerges from the waters of Baptism .............. 1. Emerges from the sea

2. Receives the holy spirit .............. 2. Given power to do great signs

3. Tempted in the wilderness ................ 3. Beast and rider in the wilderness

4. Lamb, as though it had been slain .................. 4. One of its heads slain to death

5. Is, was, is to come ................... 5. Was, is not, shall ascend

6. The world is gone after him (Jhn.12: 19) .................... 6. All the world wondered after him

7. Worship me (Satan)................. 7. Worship the beast and his image

8. Satan promises the kingdoms of the world ....................... 8. Dragon (satan) gave him his power

9. Ministry 3½ years ..................... 9. Exists a ‘short time’ 42 months

I especially love the last bit .......

Edited by Missed Sticks