OWEN: WHATEVER I SAY IS TWISTED

ewerk

Owen in finding out 'the media are in it for themselves' shocker!

He knows full well what the media are like which is why he never comments until pushed to it by the Sun and stupid cunts like the yank on here. I can't believe he even gets stick for this article, absolutely fucking stupid.

Go team!

...knob. :razz:

Were you trying to prove you weren't a complete dickhead with that post?

He knows full well what the media are like which is why he never comments until pushed to it by the Sun and stupid cunts like the yank on here. I can't believe he even gets stick for this article, absolutely fucking stupid.

Go team!

Touchdown!

Seriously though, piss off. As usual you're looking for a confrontation. Go sit in the corner until you cool off.

Go team!

Touchdown!

Seriously though, piss off. As usual you're looking for a confrontation. Go sit in the corner until you cool off.

i don't get your sig. why does owen have 3 and pattison 7?

Go team!

Touchdown!

What a load of bollocks, as usual from from you.

Magness is hard to define. I give our lads a 7 to start off with, although I haven't given Barton anything yet since he hasn't played. Do you think he deserves less?

Guest Patrokles

Magness is hard to define. I give our lads a 7 to start off with, although I haven't given Barton anything yet since he hasn't played. Do you think he deserves less?

Magness is hard to define because it doesn't fucking exist.

i have no idea what magness is, or why it's important

:razz:

It must, if you feel so passionately about it. Hilarious. :razz:

Guest Patrokles

It must, if you feel so passionately about it. Hilarious. :razz:

I'm not being passionate about it. I just have a potty-mouth.

It's a sickly tasting cider. Might be Bulmers round your way.

It's a sickly tasting cider. Might be Bulmers round your way.

So does that make Given and Harper alcoholics, whereas Owen is a teetotal?

lol :D

I did notice he wasn't rushing over to Oba to congratulate him on the first goal, and then I thought - 'hang on, am I buying into all this paranoia?'

Spoiled the moment, tttt. :razz:

Edited by trophyshy

I felt bad for him when he was clean through early on and the keeper put it round the post. It really got the crowd going so I tried a "One Michael Owen!" but got quickly drowned out by "United". No singing for him at all. He needs to start saying and doing the right things to win the fans over, which he has this week, but I'd like to see the fans give him something back when he DOES perform for us. Otherwise, why would he feel ANY passion and go Ketsbaia on us when someone else scores? We need to show him the love that makes playing for Newcastle special even for non Geordies.

OWEN: WHATEVER I SAY IS TWISTED[/b]

SUDDENLY I am being portrayed as a football rebel — someone who wants to take on the world in general and Sam Allardyce in particular.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I recognise that my club manager wants me to be fit and available for every game for Newcastle. And, believe it or not, so do I.

What I must also point out, though, is that I am fortunate enough to play for two teams — England and Newcastle.

And as long as I am fit, I will try my hardest to play well and score goals for both.

You can imagine how I felt then when I was warming up before the Everton game to hear one Newcastle fan shout at me: "Come on Owen, it's about time you put us before England."

That hurt me almost as much as pushing myself through the pain barrier in the days immediately after my surgery.

No one but me knows what that involved.

And, it seems, no one wants to believe I was doing it for both my club AND my country.

I will repeat: I want to play in EVERY game, whether it is for Newcastle or England.

I suppose I should be used to all this.

It happened to me before when I was a Liverpool player.

I broke into the England team and did well internationally almost before I had properly established myself at Anfield.

The Reds fans didn't like that because they thought I was only interested in my international career.

But I did manage to turn them around by scoring loads of goals in helping Liverpool to win an unprecedented cup treble in 2001.

For the first time the fans started chanting my name on a regular basis and I was referred to as "Liverpool's Michael Owen" rather than "the England striker Michael Owen".

I guess that is the way to win over public opinion at Newcastle as well.

If I can score the goals that will help them win a trophy or two, that will prove how much I am committed to the club.

I would love to do just that. But at the same time, I want to help England to win something as well.

Well OK then we are waiting

Edited by pertoon