The most disastrous week in British sport ever?

duckerDavies

Yeah, England got to the final, but fell at the final hurdle.

As for the football team, they're not even going to qualify for Euro 2008.

And Lewis Hamilton has just blown a seemingly unassailable Championship lead to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The one bright spark is the form of Arsenal FC, who don't have a single English player in the first team. The irony.

Hmmmm - it's the norm for me...

The football wasn't really a shock IMO, we'd have been stunned if we'd beaten the South Africans and as for Hamilton....

Well I had an inkling that one was going to go pear-shaped ever since the incident in China.

English sport rather than British tbh.

agreed

Well what I really meant to say was that the rest of us were pissing ourselves laughing after the result last night. :razz:

The reason I said "agreed" is because I genuinely could not give a flying fuck how or what our neighbouring nations achieve in the sporting arena.

agreed

Well what I really meant to say was that the rest of us were pissing ourselves laughing after the result last night. :razz:

The reason I said "agreed" is because I genuinely could not give a flying fuck how or what our neighbouring nations achieve in the sporting arena.

Tbf your indifference is understandable given that they haven't ever achieved anything.

How were the rugby team in '93?

I know we were one nil down to San Marino in 8 seconds and missed out on the world cup while Damon Hill was getting shit on by Prost and Senna, so it's not as bad as all that.

He was hardly being shit on.... had he been allowed to overtake Prost in France (who he finished less than a second behind and was shitting all over), his engine not blown at Silverstone and a tyre blown out at Hockenheim (both times when leading comfortably late in the race), he'd have been World Champion in his own rookie season....

:razz:

agreed

Tbf your indifference is understandable given that they haven't ever achieved anything.

And recent English sporting achievements have been the envy of the world.

I know we were one nil down to San Marino in 8 seconds and missed out on the world cup while Damon Hill was getting shit on by Prost and Senna, so it's not as bad as all that.

He was hardly being shit on.... had he been allowed to overtake Prost in France (who he finished less than a second behind and was shitting all over), his engine not blown at Silverstone and a tyre blown out at Hockenheim (both times when leading comfortably late in the race), he'd have been World Champion in his own rookie season....

Whey Des finished within a point of winning it today. Damon was 30 points off. No reason to be gloomy is all I'm saying.

agreed

There isn't even an arguing point here tbf.

1. I'm not saying that England's sporting achievements compare well to other world nations, merely that Scotland/Wales/Ireland have never won owt; and

2. In any event England's achievements aren't that awful as we did win the rugby the last time around.

Whey Des finished within a point of winning it today. Damon was 30 points off. No reason to be gloomy is all I'm saying.

Des. B)

agreed

There isn't even an arguing point here tbf.

1. I'm not saying that England's sporting achievements compare well to other world nations, merely that Scotland/Wales/Ireland have never won owt; and

2. In any event England's achievements aren't that awful as we did win the rugby the last time around.

Most people don't really give a fuck about rugby league tbf, unless it's the WC or Six Nations. And for a country of 50 odd million, English sport really hasn't achieved very much in the past.

Most people don't really give a fuck about rugby league tbf, unless it's the WC or Six Nations. And for a country of 50 odd million, English sport really hasn't achieved very much in the past.

Did you know Australia only has a population of just 21 million?