Phone recommendations please

Radgina

Amateur fuckwits and if they offer their profuse apologies to me one more time I'm going to scream down the phone at them and hang up!

:D Bonnie Langford-tastic!

I was thinking more along the lines of the Chewbacca "Aaaaaarse!!!" line from Geordie Star Wars... :razz:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

'cell' phones over here are fucking horrible, and very provider-specific. The best provider, Verizon, has the worst phones. I'm lumbered with one of those chocolate things. And people think it's small. I miss my simple small one I had in the UK, to be honest. You have to pay to RECEIVE texts on the most basic plans, too.

As does mine.... (i think!). They've just left me an answerphone message on my work mobile saying the order can't be processed because its out of stock so i called back to ask why it wasn't processed yesterday when i was told they had plenty of stock.

They checked again and would you believe it, they've got loads of them. Then passed some cock and bull story that it'll be credit control holding things up until i pointed out that had been cleared yesterday. They checked sure enough, that's all fine and dandy! So I asked, "what's to stop you dispatching it now?" She replied by saying she'd set that process in motion with immediate effect...

I'm waiting on an email to say it's been passed for dispatch. And I am far from impressed with their organisational abilities...

:D

Had a similar thing at the weekend when I wanted to trade in my Xbox 360 for the Elite version.

Phoned up Game and asked if they had any Elites in stock, guy says "No, they're limited edition" then (after being corrected by someone else) says "oh I've been misinformed, we have got some in". So I tell him I'll be there in 30 mins or so.

"Get there and queue up, holding my original Xbox 360. Notice someone bringing out the new Elite for a customer, then a woman comes up to me and says

"Are you trading that in?"

"Yes, I want to get the new Elite", I say.

"Oh, they're limited edition I'm afraid, we haven't got any in stock"

"Well you had some in stock when I phoned 30 minutes ago, and that couple over there has just bought one", I reply

"Oh! Err... oh you better queue up then"

Finally get to the till, and what do I get? Yep, limited edition blah blah, none in stock. Then the guy asks the manager who informs him they've got loads in stock and they're all piled at the top of the stairs!

Customer service isn't what is used to be!!

"Had me on the edge of my seat right to the end........a real pageturner!" - Gemmill, Toontastic :razz:B)

:( Probably one of those "you had to be there" stories tbf

I got a Nokia N73 in the Summer, big mistake its absolute shite.

Really? I love mine.

Best camera in a non flipping phone*, with a nice cover. Lush screen. Quality layout. Full internet. And I can play Worms Golf on it.

It does hang occasionally. Maybe once a month. But that's not a big problem. My biggest qualm is that you have to use the nokia earphones with the nasty adaptor, so I get very little use from the FM radio. Do other phones take a normal headphone jack?

Mind you, there is also the problem of it being shit at synchronising up with the PC too. Total Pot Luck as to whether it's recognised.

*At least it was when it came out.

Edited by Happy Face

• 2 weeks later...

I'm torn between the Nokia 6500 Classic and the LG Viewty. The Viewty has a 5 megapixel camera with flash and lots of other features (including a touchscreen which I'm not too sure about), whereas the Nokia phone is fairly standard but looks like this:

nokia-6500-classic-bronze.jpg

Any thoughts/other suggestions?

I'm torn between the Nokia 6500 Classic and the LG Viewty. The Viewty has a 5 megapixel camera with flash and lots of other features (including a touchscreen which I'm not too sure about), whereas the Nokia phone is fairly standard but looks like this:

nokia-6500-classic-bronze.jpg

Any thoughts/other suggestions?

Thanks a lot you helpful cernts.

Was in O2 today. I think I might need an iPhone. :calmdown:

The reviews of them are not that great - they can't do anything any other phone can do and you have to pay nearly £300 for the privilege. They've sacrificed 3G in favour of longer battery life. I've heard there may be an update early in the new year which will be worth the wait.

Was in O2 today. I think I might need an iPhone. :calmdown:

The reviews of them are not that great - they can't do anything any other phone can do and you have to pay nearly £300 for the privilege. They've sacrificed 3G in favour of longer battery life. I've heard there may be an update early in the new year which will be worth the wait.

They're definitely image over content.

One of the blokes at work has got one and cracked it so he can use his T-Mobile SIM card in it....

Only a matter of time before it becomes a door stop :calmdown:

For internet, despite being 2G, they piss all over any of the other phones I've seen. Email an'all.

I'd wait for version 2, which will still have the same great software, but probably will have the technical hardware to back it up too.

For internet, despite being 2G, they piss all over any of the other phones I've seen. Email an'all.

I'd wait for version 2, which will still have the same great software, but probably will have the technical hardware to back it up too.

When's it due though? I don't want to renew with Vodafone for donkey's in the meantime!

When's it due though? I don't want to renew with Vodafone for donkey's in the meantime!

Aye well that's the catch. :calmdown:

Bah! If I do renew though, is the Nokia N95 worth it? Seems to be the one that's being held up as the main alternative to the iPhone.

N95 is a canny bit of kit :calmdown:

version 2 of the iPhone is scheduled for early new year by all accounts.

Due a new phone next week, not sure whether to get w880i or w910i.

Don't really see the fuss about the iphone tbh. The only new thing on it is the touch screen which is hardly revolutionary. All i want in a phone thats not a normal phone function is a decent mp3 player. Don't really care about sat nav/internet/camera etc. Been using a 2G sim in a 3g phone for 2 years now, never felt the need to upgrade...