NUFC vs. TottinghamHotSpuds

RlCO

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say Spuds defence was shit all night, the couldn't cope with any of our set pieces.

Thought Kaboul looked a class above... tried to hold the pieces together, not easy though.

He was tremendous for us tonight B)

JJ is the epitome of what is wrong about this Spurs team. If someone so lacklustre can be a regular in the 1st team - we are heading for disaster. His actions for the Milner goal were an utter disgrace and Tim Sherwood called it right. So did Craig Levene the co-commentator. I think he summed it up when he said that in our position - players should be throwing themseles at the ball to block it the area.

Jenas - f- off out of this team and out of this club - I want people who are commited 100% to the cause - and this lazy little scumbag is clearly not

:razz:

Some random thoughts;

Spurs were woeful. JJ was woeful. Ha fucking ha.

Martins and Owen doesn't work.

Geremi must be on his final chance.

Enrique has one of the best footballing brains on the park.

Did I mention Spurs were shit?

so pleased to finally have a central defensive partnership that I can feel confident in. Cacap looks assured and calm, the perfect counter to the intuitive reactionary forwards that the premiership now produces.. Faye looks like the bruiser that is required to deal with the less divisive, dynamic forwards.

Both Enrique and Beye look second rate going forward but solid enough at the back and when, as a club, we've been porous, I'd much rather a left back who throws a hopeful forward or a simple straight pass to the left winger than have a rampaging wing back who doesn't appreciate the necessity for shape, cohesion and structure.

I didn't see Charles do much wrong, he wasn't immense, but he certainly didn't let us down any. The Formation change left us lop sided and vulnerable down the wings.

Butt and Emre bossed the centre for the entirety of the 1st half, but come the 2nd, with N'Zogbia's substitution came a lack of focus and misunderstanding became rampant. Whether this was as a direct result of the switch or not it's something I'd hope Sam looks into.

Geremi rarely (if ever) gave the ball away, but didn't really offer anything going forward.

Martins was industrious and won a lot of headers against loftier opponents, but to little effect. It's clear that he serves us best running onto lost causes and/or big man flick ons.

Owen looked hungry, but starved of service. Goals will come for him and the two chance he had were in no way gilt-edged. Can't really blame him for missing either. He could have passed the first to Oba, but you'd be dissappoi9nted if your 1st choice striker was so habitually generous.

Barton had little or no time to assert himself and I think it's going to be a few more cameos before we see the real Player.

Given had nothing to do and was in no position to stop their goal.

all in all it was a good professional performance, nothing pretty, but we took our chances and they didn't. Our set pieces troubled them all gam, Martins was always a thorn in the side and Milners was more about their poor defending then any intricate attack on our behalf.

Credit to Martins for scoring a goal and his work-rate but he has to do something about his control, he bobbled nearly every ball that came to him.

And I don't think he's that fast, I didn't see him out-pacing defenders when chasing for the ball.

Credit to Martins for scoring a goal and his work-rate but he has to do something about his control, he bobbled nearly every ball that came to him.

And I don't think he's that fast, I didn't see him out-pacing defenders when chasing for the ball.

I'd say he's definitely one of the fastest players in the league. I agree otherwise. He's always dangerous though.

Probably.

Moody cunt. :razz:

In all serious though it probably was, even the numpties who sit next to me who normally leave early arrive late etc were on their feet.

Did have loves young dream to me left though, leave her at home man if she doesn't know what's going on. B)

Well I think Martin Jol just about motivated the Toon fans and the players single-handedly before the match even kicked-off with his daft comments.

Probably the best atmosphere of the season last night.

Probably because Alex wasn't there like. :razz:

I thought it was canny as well. I replayed the game when I got home and I saw Setanta are doing the BBC trick of having the volume of the crowd turned right down.

Nice to see the flag getting passed overhead again.

Probably the best atmosphere of the season last night.

Probably because Alex wasn't there like. :razz:

I thought it was canny as well.

Really? I didn't think it was anything special and for long spells of the match pretty quiet.

Not a patch on Hampden :D

I thought it was ok at times, but also pretty quiet at times. Atmosphere comes with a good game though. Some good playing and maybe more so a few good strong tackles often get the crowd going. Equally a dodgy ref decision or a close shot can. But a poor game with nowt can leave the place in eerie (how the fuck ever its spelled) silence.

Well I think Martin Jol just about motivated the Toon fans and the players single-handedly before the match even kicked-off with his daft comments.

Haha, spot on. Btw, am I the only one who thinks he looks like hes gonna eat his own face? ps. Hes a cunt.