NUFC vs. TottinghamHotSpuds

RlCO

P.S. was absolutely loving the close-ups of Sam on the touchline in the 2nd half. Comfortably leading the game and with a close-up and mic in range Sam looks like Satan incarnate shouting, ''IT'S OUR FUCKING BALL!!!''

What was this reaction to Butt's booking (for what btw) all about? I'd like to have a caption competition from this...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..............''im not sure newcastle have played all that well to be honest''

Yer not alone in thinking that. I was expecting a far better game from both teams and at best the Lads put in a lot of effort, scored goals, and got the win we dearly wanted but didn't look anywhere near a team that could compete with the top four.

..............''im not sure newcastle have played all that well to be honest''

Yer not alone in thinking that. I was expecting a far better game from both teams and at best the Lads put in a lot of effort, scored goals, and got the win we dearly wanted but didn't look anywhere near a team that could compete with the top four.

We'll not really find out until we play some top 4 teams but I do think we've got a side that can grind results out against them. We're never going to go and hammer teams because it doesn't seem like Sam's style. Currently we just seem to be concentrating on getting the job done - nothing flashy. If it keeps us in the points that's fine by me.

Thanks to Richie at Soccerpulse:

45' [1 - 0] O. Martins

HQ Xvid 1300kbs 1min10secs (11MB)

View Dailymotion

Download Divshare

Download Ballshare (password = epl)

50' [2 - 0] C. Cacapa

HQ Xvid 1300kbs 54secs (9MB)

View Dailymotion

Download Divshare

57' [2 - 1] R. Keane

HQ Xvid 1300kbs 57secs (10MB)

View Dailymotion

Download Divshare

73' [3 - 1] J. Milner

HQ Xvid 1300kbs 1min9secs (11MB)

View Dailymotion

Download Divshare

Guest Patrokles

Beye was a bit iffy, truth be told.

Emre was poor too.

Martins was actually doing alright, movement-wise. Fair play. Outshone Owen today. (nb. I'd still rather have Owen)

Edited by Patrokles

Emre was poor too.

I really thought this might be a game for Emre tonight. But he pretty much went into hiding for large parts of the game. Normally he at least does look very busy.

Martins was actually doing alright, movement-wise. Fair play. Outshone Owen today. (nb. I'd still rather have Owen)

Martins did ok. He looked more willing to make anticipatory runs instead of just reacting to things (or the pan shots were not quick enough from Enrique's long balls). I thought Owen did actually still quite well in his link up play. Due to the lack of any creative ideas from central midfield he had to drop deep far too often, but when he did he spread the ball well. I can't remember that he actually lost a ball.

Sure he's been metioned at some point in the thread... but how about Jenas tonight!! :razz:B)

Hilarious game from him. Couldnt believe Jol took off Malbranque and not that donkey. Good for us though, Jenas' passing was something else.

P.S. was absolutely loving the close-ups of Sam on the touchline in the 2nd half. Comfortably leading the game and with a close-up and mic in range Sam looks like Satan incarnate shouting, ''IT'S OUR FUCKING BALL!!!''

What was this reaction to Butt's booking (for what btw) all about? I'd like to have a caption competition from this...

Think it was dissent for complaining about what was pretty much a rugby tackle on him.

Up yours, Spurs :razz:

Fantastic result and credit to Big Sam, when was the last time we had four decent central defenders competing for two places? Caçapa and Faye both did well.

Was N'Zogbia injured or was it a tactical substitution? I thought he did okay in the first half, but what with Milner scoring a great goal, Allardyce must think he got that substitution right.

Jenas was simply poor, hilarious!

If Emre can't offer anything with 70% possession, what use is he? We already know he offers nothing when coming on while we are under the cosh.

He did get his second assist in his last 2 games with a pinpoint corner, slowed down after he injured his calf but still played a big part in our ball retention.

Was N'Zogbia injured or was it a tactical substitution? I thought he did okay in the first half, but what with Milner scoring a great goal

They said it was a tactical change on the telly. Was a very strange one though. Zoggy wasnt great ub tge first half, but I certainly thought he starting to get involved more and more into the game. In overall play Milner was poor, he simply isnt in his element on the left. As Isegrim said though he made in some style with that goal.

Emre was poor too.

I really thought this might be a game for Emre tonight. But he pretty much went into hiding for large parts of the game. Normally he at least does look very busy.

Martins did ok. He looked more willing to make anticipatory runs instead of just reacting to things (or the pan shots were not quick enough from Enrique's long balls). I thought Owen did actually still quite well in his link up play. Due to the lack of any creative ideas from central midfield he had to drop deep far too often, but when he did he spread the ball well. I can't remember that he actually lost a ball.

Owen should have done better with his one on one chance, before his knee injury he would have taken that on to make a better angle for himself but now his pace is all but gone he's forced to shoot early, he had similar efforts against Barnsley and Wigan but I was hoping that was down to lack of fitness, unfortunately that's not the case.

If Emre can't offer anything with 70% possession, what use is he? We already know he offers nothing when coming on while we are under the cosh.

He did get his second assist in his last 2 games with a pinpoint corner, slowed down after he injured his calf but still played a big part in our ball retention.

Done fuck all for me, as per usual. Oh hold on, he didn't whinge his tits off for once

Emre was poor too.

Owen should have done better with his one on one chance, before his knee injury he would have taken that on to make a better angle for himself but now his pace is all but gone he's forced to shoot early, he had similar efforts against Barnsley and Wigan but I was hoping that was down to lack of fitness, unfortunately that's not the case.

Don't know, a bit of an over-interpretation imho. He could have done better with the chance, but I wouldn't really single it out for criticism as he (nearly) did everything right with it.