NUFC vs. TottinghamHotSpuds

RlCO

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy with the nights work there. Alright there was a dodgy spell second half either side of their goal but that happens and a few less high balls to Owen and MArtins might have been better, but other than that, very pleased.

Cacapa continues to look class, and Faye is a beast alongside him, fantastic in the air in both boxes, a very good pairing could be formed here. I thought Butt probably was man of the match putting in an excellent shift and the defence as a whole look nothing like our previous back fours!

Happy with both Owen and Martins and their work together, there's nothing wrong with playign two "little-uns" together despite what soem peopel think, you just have to play accordingly. And when we did play some football they linked quite nicely and cause Spurs problems. They're not really that similar players, merely share a similar height. Owen is supremely intelligent in his off the ball movement and timing of runs and predator in the box. Martins is flair and pace, unpredictable and of course as yet inconsistent. But both worked hard, won their share of headers and looked good.

And what game would be complete (for the toon and lets be honest the whole prem) without the 3 officials making complete cocks of themselves, it really is embarassing. Not one of them could work out what was or wasnt a throw, couldn't manage to see which team had got the last touch on a ball and invented a new rule whereby if two players ran or jumped into each other, as long as the Spurs player hit the deck that would be a freekick, whereas shoving Butt to the ground directly from behind as he was about to shoot, is fine!

And the ref's authority for our free kick was something to behold! He counted out 10 yards and unusually for a ref it was 10, then preceeded to spend 30 seconds (no exageration) telling Spurs to get back, whilst they repeattedly ignored him, even when he grabbed one by the arm. So what did he do, get out the yellow card and do his job, no of course he didn't, he moved round in front of them so it looked like they'd moved, is there any point to these idiots being there? He then watched our freekick smack off their wall and deflect out for a corner and gave a goal kick...genius!

But they're the best in the world apparently, you only have to look at the merseyside derby to see how much truth there is in that statement!

From my seat in the Leazes,I thought it was the best atmosphere we've had for a long time!

Thought the lads on 'level 7 ' did a good job too,especially because some of them have taken the time to learn some of the tunes of an older generation.

Nice to hear the Leazes End again. :D

Edited by Dogmatix

From my seat in the Leazes,I thought it was the best atmosphere we've had for a long time!

Thought the lads on 'level 7 ' did a good job too,especially because some of them have taken the time to learn some of the tunes of an older generation.

are the level 7 lads the toon ultras? how they getting on now? is that their nassive flag i keep seeing getting passed around before kick off?

are the level 7 lads the toon ultras? how they getting on now? is that their nassive flag i keep seeing getting passed around before kick off?

Nope, that flag is organised by the club and starts at the Strawberry corner and ends in the the north east corner. Because I'm on the end of the row in the corner I've gotta help lift it up as the players are coming out... it's a right pain in the arse like.

Did you see Mike Ashley ripping the piss while sat next to Paul Kemsley (I think) when a Spurs shot went wide.

Legend.

One of the best moments in the game's tv coverage!

vspuds.jpg

2vspuds.jpg

3vspuds.jpg

4vspuds.jpg

that's quality. matey boy next to ashley doesn't look too happy