Popular Coach Terry Forced To Quit

Craig

Go on..... how many of you thought it was going to be McDermott? The word 'popular' was a hint... :D

STEVE Harper has paid tribute to Newcastle United goalkeeping coach Terry Gennoe who has been forced to leave the club because of a long-standing back injury.

The former Blackburn stopper was a popular figure around the club's training ground and was hugely respected by the Magpies goalkeeping staff.

And Toon star Harps has spoken of his sadness after Gennoe accepted that it was time to hang up his coaching gloves.

"I know I speak for Shay when I say that we both owe at lot to Terry Gennoe," said the United keeper.

"It was quite an emotional time for the three of us when we realised he couldn't continue because of his back trouble, which flared up again about a month ago.

"Terry's been so important to all the keepers we've had here whenever he's been our coach, and he really is going to be a huge miss. We all wish him well in the future."

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1150894,00.html