Penning your resignation

Smooth Operator

Can anyone come up with anything good to say in my letter of resignation?

Not officially got the job i'm up for but it's pretty much in the bag imo.

Want to stick it up them a bit cos they were gonna be getting rid of my posts anyway and they are gonna be up shit creek once I go, half the dinosaurs in here can't even switch their pcs on ffs.

DON'T take it out in your letter - or in any exit interview.

they can really screw you up - bad reference, slow payment of money due, and you never know when you are going to come across the people in the future in another company

A letter of resignation should be dated, should state you are resigning as {your position}with immediate effect and that you calculate you have x days leave due. You may need to say something like "I am willing to work my notice but would prefer to leave immediately/in two weeks time if that is possible...."

and sign it

NOTHING MORE

If you go grandstanding it will change nothing and no -one will take any notice

Oh yes and before you go make sure you have removed ALL your personal gear and a backup of any personal files (such as address book) before quitting - then if they pitch you straight into the street there is no argument about what is and isn't yours

Edited by Rob W

Name, Position, Organisation Name and Address (each on a separate line)

Date

Dear (line manager name - eg., Mr Smith, or first name if appropriate)

Please accept this as formal notice of my resignation from the position of (your job title and site/department/division as applicable), with effect from (normally date of the letter or receipt of letter - check your contract - if in doubt refer to date of letter).

In accordance with my contract of employment I am happy to continue to work until (date that your employment ceases according to notice period, calculated from your stated effective date of resignation).

(This part is optional:) While I believe that I am moving for good reasons, I am sorry to leave, and I thank you for your support during my time with the company, which I have found enjoyable and fulfilling.

(And if applicable:) Please let me know the arrangements for handing back equipment, company car, etc, and handing over outstanding work and responsibilities.

Yours sincerely etc.

Date

Please accept this as formal notice of my resignation from the position of (your job title and site/department/division as applicable), with effect from (normally date of the letter or receipt of letter - check your contract - if in doubt refer to date of letter).

In accordance with my contract of employment I am happy to continue to work until (date that your employment ceases according to notice period, calculated from your stated effective date of resignation).

(This part is optional:) While I believe that I am moving for good reasons, I am sorry to leave, and I thank you for your support during my time with the company, which I have found enjoyable and fulfilling.

(And if applicable:) Please let me know the arrangements for handing back equipment, company car, etc, and handing over outstanding work and responsibilities.

Yours sincerely etc.

PS. You're all twats!

Perfect! :D

Date

Yours sincerely etc.

p.s. The Owner's/Manager's wife is a great shag.

Better :D

Date

Yours sincerely etc.

Better :razz:

Didn't know he worked for you Snakey. :D

Date

Yours sincerely etc.

Better :razz:

Didn't know he worked for you Snakey. :D

Ha ha. She says he's a crap shag though B)

Date

Yours sincerely etc.

pretty spot on, nice one

At the end of the day like Rob said, there's not much point getting uppity in your letter. You are the one who worked for them, so you never really had the upper hand anyway, being the boss is the place to be. Half the time, after the letter is passed to admin your dept never deals with you any more anyway. The best way is to keep it polite but surreptitiously rig things to fuck the company up, but it depends on whether your beef is with management or colleagues, you just know any difficulties you leave behind are just passed on to co-workers. It is amazing what incompetence companies will let slide given a 'staff shortage'. The only people that might really suffer are former customers/clients, so again, it depends who your beef is with.

My plan is on my last day to delete all the emails from all the inboxes of colleagues I have access to, hide all the keys to the filing cabinets and take a shit in my bosses pedastal. Should have the desired effect.

Stick a well mangy fish somewhere, when I left college managed to leave one in me locker over the summer. Stunk the place out so I was told.

My plan is on my last day to delete all the emails from all the inboxes of colleagues I have access to, hide all the keys to the filing cabinets and take a shit in my bosses pedastal. Should have the desired effect.

Stick a well mangy fish somewhere, when I left college managed to leave one in me locker over the summer. Stunk the place out so I was told.

A pair of his lasses knickers would suffice, she smells like captain birds eye's wallet tbh

A pair of his lasses knickers would suffice, she smells like captain birds eye's wallet tbh

:D

I'm sure wor Fish has better things to do than hang around Smoothys old work place! :D

just send a fax on Company Headed notepaper to the VAT man signed with the bosses name and the words "We believe our last 5 years of VAT returns are seriously in error and we have grossly underpaid - can you please send an investigation team to put us back on the straight & narrow"