Football Magazines

Glasgow Mag

I used to get Match and Shoot when I was about 9 or 10. I remember me Mam knacking me brother because he ordered a Newcastle strip from one of the ads in there without telling her. The first she knew was when it was delivered.

Obviously, the league ladders were a must.

I moved onto 90 Minutes when I was about 15 - that was a really good mag.

When I was younger, my Mam took me to the match and used to buy The Mag, so I've been reading that since about 1991. I started buying it for myself at some point in my mid teens, and still get it. I used to buy Talk of the Toon and The Number 9 as well from time to time.

The next general football mag I bought was Goal.

Black and White sometimes, although it felt a bit like an extention of match programmes - not suprising considering it was an official NUFC mag.

I used to buy Match Of The Day. It first came out at around the same time, or not long after 90 Minutes finished, and in it's original weekly guise, it was the closest thing to 90 Minutes out there. I prefered it like that. I carried on buying it as a monthly for a while, but gradually stopped.

After that, I was buying Four Four Two every now and then, and also World Soccer, which I still get occassionally.

Then when True Faith came out, I started buying that, and still get it, along with The Mag.