addicted to spicy food

Dr Gloom

Ernst-Benary-Capiscums-Or-Chilli-Peppers-40005.jpg

those little pepper shaped ones at the bottom are absolutely savage - i think they're used quite a lot in caribbean cooking. for god's sake, don't scratch your eyes (or your knackers) after handling one of those fuckers.

I did a while back, used to grow my own chilli's, used to stick them in with a tin of Stagg chilli but I had to give it up as I began to produce farts that even I found to be distasteful.

I read somewhere (not sure how true or accurate my memeory) that the fiery taste of chilli is a reaction designed to stop humans eating it and this same reaction therefore leads to the release of endorphins in the brain (associated with dopamine production) and hence causes a natural 'high'. Hence the addiction.

Something like that anyway :D

those little pepper shaped ones at the bottom are absolutely savage - i think they're used quite a lot in caribbean cooking. for god's sake, don't scratch your eyes (or your knackers) after handling one of those fuckers.

I think I get what you're trying to say but they're all fucking pepper-shaped.... They're peppers man! :D

I think I get what you're trying to say but they're all fucking pepper-shaped.... They're peppers man! :D

I was thinking that

I go through spells of wanting everything hot, my only food addiction at the moment is curry sauce from the chinese

i think they're called scotch bonnet. they look like small versions of regular peppers instead of the usual longer shaped chili peppers.

anyway, if you ever use them proceed with caution.

I did a while back, used to grow my own chilli's, used to stick them in with a tin of Stagg chilli but I had to give it up as I began to produce farts that even I found to be distasteful.

"...and it burns burns burns, the ring of fire"

I never used to like spicy food but it's growing on me more and more and I've become a big fan of curries and chillis - I still don't like them too hot but certainly not as mild as I would've insisted on a few years ago.

anyone else got a chili habit? i can't seem to eat anything these days without making it spicy.

Special K + Jalapino?

Would certainly add some Woosh to that early morning shite.

Yeah, everything has to be spicy for me to eat it.

Interesting what Chez says, given that I'm pretty sure I'm an endorphin addict (never linked it with this before though).

Edited by ObaGol

anyone else got a chili habit? i can't seem to eat anything these days without making it spicy.

Special K + Jalapino?

Would certainly add some Woosh to that early morning shite.

this morning for breakfast i had cheese on toast with jalapenos.