PES2008

adios

Will probably be getting a PS3 around April, so been downloading the PS2 version this week. It looks good. Certainly stuff I've read about it being (on PS2) a Pro Evo 6.1 seems rather accurate. Not too bothered about that though.

Don't place your hopes on the PS3 version, horrid slowdown apparently. If you want a next-gen version, 360 is the way to go.

Are there any new controls? It all seems very familiar so far.

I noticed there's something funny you can do with free kicks to aim at the other corner than the one you're aiming at but that's about it. Did someone mention that you can make your players dive?

I noticed there's something funny you can do with free kicks to aim at the other corner than the one you're aiming at but that's about it. Did someone mention that you can make your players dive?

Left trigger, left button (bumper), right button.

Saw someone mention using the right button and left button to do some nifty tricks, also something about pushing forward after a drag-back to nutmeg the defender. Haven't tried either yet.

Left trigger, left button (bumper), right button.

Saw someone mention using the right button and left button to do some nifty tricks, also something about pushing forward after a drag-back to nutmeg the defender. Haven't tried either yet.

Cheers. Is it more likely to get you a penalty/free kick or a yellow card?

I saw someone do something like that in a YouTube clip, it looked amazing. Teach me when you find out, I'm rubbish at figuring things out.

I also saw that you can make your players pull the shirt of an opponent. Anyone?

The latter in my experience. I had one match that just turned into a Cristiano Ronaldo extravaganza, half of both teams booked, no free kicks awarded.

The latter in my experience. I had one match that just turned into a Cristiano Ronaldo extravaganza, half of both teams booked, no free kicks awarded.

I've just played. My first dive was just a test as Milner fell over in the centre circle after kick off and got a ridiculous card. My next I got a free kick for about 25 yards out. Then I dived four times in the box, when I could've easily scored, and got booked for them all. My flatmate even said that one looked quite a decent attempt but still nothing. :D

Has anyone downloaded an option file for the PS2 yet?

Got one last night, and it isn't too bad. No player names have been corrected, so I might just do that myself tonight. Gonna take fucking ages though.

So far not that impressed, keepers can't catch the ball to save their lives. Like the stats tracker though, think I prefer the shop for unlocking the hidden players as I can't be arsed to play a season in each league and win the fucker. Still great to play with your mates though.

• 11 months later...
I figured out you can transfer Beye and Faye and play them on Live, which is nice.

Howay then, I can't be arsed to find out.

Do tell.

Use the Edit function to set up Newcastle the way you want them, then start a Master League match using that team, save it. Then when you start Xbox Live, use the "Load Master League" option in Xbox Live Options. When you enter a game where "all" teams are allowed, you'll see a Master League option down the bottom.

what a piss take. ive only just read this now and the new game comes out in a week. only be getting a weeks worth of fun from this. complete joke