FAO ScottishMag

snakehips

Rictchie, I watched the Old Firm game last weekend and I've just watched a re-run of the Rangers - Barcelona game. The right full-back, Hutton, really stood out. How highly is he thought of in Scotland (I'm assuming he's Scottish) ? Is he canny good or have I just watched two good performances out of the norm?

18 months ago he was getting slated by most, other than Rangers supporters, however the last 12-18 months has seen a massive improvement in his performances. Still question marks over how good he is at defending as he is more of an attacking full back but going forward he is certainly starting to look the part. I believe the recent hype has also earned him the nickname amongst some north of the border "The Scottish Cafu".

Some other Scottish posters might disagree but I admittedly used to think he was utter shite but over the last year or so has certainly won me over and has made the RB position both for Club and Country rightfully his.

18 months ago he was getting slated by most, other than Rangers supporters, however the last 12-18 months has seen a massive improvement in his performances. Still question marks over how good he is at defending as he is more of an attacking full back but going forward he is certainly starting to look the part. I believe the recent hype has also earned him the nickname amongst some north of the border "The Scottish Cafu".

Some other Scottish posters might disagree but I admittedly used to think he was utter shite but over the last year or so has certainly won me over and has made the RB position both for Club and Country rightfully his.

Cheers.

Thinking back, the reason he stood out was his forward running so what you say is fair comment. I didn't know he is the national team f/b (just shows how badly out of touch with international football I am :D )

Cheers.

Thinking back, the reason he stood out was his forward running so what you say is fair comment. I didn't know he is the national team f/b (just shows how badly out of touch with international football I am :D )

With the exception of the Georgia match its only the last few games he has started but in everyones (fans, media, manager) opinion he now seems to have made it his own. Though competing with the likes of 48 year old Graham Alexander and Murty, who has looked awful anytime hes got near the team, its not exactly hard.

Edited by Scottish Mag

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Manchester United are tracking £4.5m-rated Bayern Munich right-back Willy Sagnol. (The Sun)

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has told Manchester City that they will probably not be able to afford Michael Owen after City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson expressed an interest in buying the England striker. (Daily Express)

Sheffield United boss Bryan Robson is trying to lure Bolton midfielder Gary Speed to Bramall Lane on a three-month loan deal. (Various)

Newcastle and Tottenham are tracking Rangers and Scotland full-back Alan Hutton. (Scottish Sun) :D