Did you expect brazilian football from BSA?

RlCO

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected we would be a lot harder to beat. Fair enough at home our record is ok...(against some average teams) but away it's a bit worrying tbf. I still think he's doing a good job and should be allowed time, but it's not great form when you look at the teams we've played.

I don't think anyone did.

I got some flak on here for saying Allardyce was little improvement over Roeder though. :D

To have only won half of the games after the start we were gifted is disappointing to say the least. Over a quarter of the way through the season and we've yet to play every team above us (bar City - who've already trounced us) twice.

I got some flak on here for saying Allardyce was little improvement over Roeder though. :D

To have only won half of the games after the start we were gifted is disappointing to say the least. Over a quarter of the way through the season and we've yet to play every team above us (bar City - who've already trounced us) twice.

There could be an almight run of nightmare results.

If he had brought in more than one Samba-boy then maybe a YES.

But as he brought in a hodgepodge of different nationalities to add to the ones we already had and combine that with the style of play he endorsed for years at Bolton then NO I didn't expect Brazilian football from BSA.

However I expected better than before but we seem to be sinking into the same pattern as before.

If we'd just picked up 3 points against Derby i think it'd be a very good start, as it is, the away for is a problem that needs to be sorted and we do have alot of tough games to come.

But he dismanteld and rebuilt practically the whole squad, incluidng an entire defence and he needs the players to get used to all his techniques and methods, so we'll just see where we are come the end of the year and get an idea how we're going. Then see what we do in the transfer window and who knows, it could be looking quite good by then.

There could be an almight run of nightmare results.

There could. I Was just checking. Roeder got 19 points from his first ten games (a run which included Liverpool, Man U and Sam Allardyces Bolton). Big Sam has only managed 17 points in his first 10 games which only included 1 of the top 7.

That said, long term I have far more confidence in Allardyce grinding out average results to keep us mid-table with the backing of his players because he talks a far better game.

If we'd just picked up 3 points against Derby i think it'd be a very good start, as it is, the away for is a problem that needs to be sorted and we do have alot of tough games to come.

But he dismanteld and rebuilt practically the whole squad, incluidng an entire defence and he needs the players to get used to all his techniques and methods, so we'll just see where we are come the end of the year and get an idea how we're going. Then see what we do in the transfer window and who knows, it could be looking quite good by then.

This is something that we must remember. A new back four with a commen language sadly lacking. Some results are fucking annoying (tstl) but the thing that keeps the glimmer of hope in my eyes is that we can, and will, play better as the squad get used to each other.

I'm not sure much will happen in Jan's transfer window but I anticipate NUFC spending at least £30m next summer.

This is something that we must remember. A new back four with a commen language sadly lacking. Some results are fucking annoying (tstl) but the thing that keeps the glimmer of hope in my eyes is that we can, and will, play better as the squad get used to each other.

I'm not sure much will happen in Jan's transfer window but I anticipate NUFC spending at least £30m next summer.

Trouble is, I can see several clubs spending that kind of money...

I'm content with stabilisation this season, consolidation next season and genuine progress the season following.

I think, unfortunately, my patience will be drowned out by a chorus of quick fix demands from the less measured fan.

I'm content with stabilisation this season, consolidation next season and genuine progress the season following.

I think, unfortunately, my patience will be drowned out by a chorus of quick fix demands from the less measured fan.

I'm all for a bit of stability from a long term manager who keeps us mid-table with an odd foray upwards if we're lucky, but always has us out of danger.

Allardyce said he'd be retired by 2010 though, and as a manager who's expressed a desire for the England job, i don't think he's planning to be as patient as you or me.