Sam, Sam,

Noelie

.....pencil and go back to the drawing board and figure out what is wrong with your calculations.

Dropping Rozey in favour of Feye may have looked a good result against Spurs but didn't add up in Reading.

Putting Emre wide left in place of Zoggy didn't work out correctly.

Starting Martins and Owen again when Smith was in the equation was perhaps a sizable error.

You need to make 1g+4d+4m+2f = 3pts.

.....pencil and go back to the drawing board and figure out what is wrong with your calculations.

Dropping Rozey in favour of Feye may have looked a good result against Spurs but didn't add up in Reading.

Starting Martins and Owen again when Smith was in the equation was perhaps a sizable error.

Aye Emre wide instead of N'Zog was a poor choice but other than that he cannot win can he. I guarantee if he dropped Rozenhal and Martins for Faye and Smith and we lost you would be moaning about why the fuck we changed a winning defence and attacking partnership to bring in new faces.

And btw I totally understand why Rozenhal wasn't brought straight back in and this is other than the fact him Faye and Cacapa were class on Monday night but look at why Rozenhal lost his place. He looked poor (and I am not slagging him off as he has looked decent in most of his games) in a couple of matches where he looked suspect in terms of heading and the physical aspect of his game. With players like Kitson, Hunt etc for me I can see why he still wanted the physical prescence of Faye once again.

Anyhoo as I sad it doesn't matter as I am sure you would moan regardless even if we had won.

Aye Emre wide instead of N'Zog was a poor choice but other than that he cannot win can he. I guarantee if he dropped Rozenhal and Martins for Faye and Smith and we lost you would be moaning about why the fuck we changed a winning defence and attacking partnership to bring in new faces.

And btw I totally understand why Rozenhal wasn't brought straight back in and this is other than the fact him Faye and Cacapa were class on Monday night but look at why Rozenhal lost his place. He looked poor (and I am not slagging him off as he has looked decent in most of his games) in a couple of matches where he looked suspect in terms of heading and the physical aspect of his game. With players like Kitson, Hunt etc for me I can see why he still wanted the physical prescence of Faye once again.

Anyhoo as I sad it doesn't matter as I am sure you would moan regardless even if we had won.

Not really, I think that maybe it's because I'm from the school that thinks you shouldn't change a winning team or don't fix it if it isn't broke. I would have started the team that started on Monday with the possible exception of Smith who was on suspension.

Inccidently, I thought Cacapa & Feye were crap and the back four in general were shabby.

There was a definite change in tempo when Zoggy came on.

Guest Patrokles

Not really, I think that maybe it's because I'm from the school that thinks you shouldn't change a winning team or don't fix it if it isn't broke. I would have started the team that started on Monday with the possible exception of Smith who was on suspension.

Inccidently, I thought Cacapa & Feye were crap and the back four in general were shabby.

So then what's your point?

Are you stockpiled in a lumber yard Patrokles? My point is that I think Sam got his starting line-up wrong, and if you add that to the back-four being sieve-like and leaking two goals plus the front two being scoreless then the result is ZERO points.

A few lessons learned from that shambles, Emre cant play on the left and Zoggy should start. We looked pretty woeful, The defence was shaky, the midfield created very little and Owen & Oba didnt offer much up top, although they were never going to win many areal battles with their centre backs.

We looked better when Milner and Zog worked the channels so BS needs to decide which two of our other midfielders will play in the middle, I think Barton needs more games in the reserves to get upto speed as he looked off the pace, Geremi hasnt really performed for a while, Smith is better as a second striker so on that basis I would play Butt & Emre in there although against the better teams we would get exposed but at least we might create a few more chances for the strikers

So will BS stick with Cacapa and Faye or has the door opened for Rozy & Taylor next week?

Don't see why Geremi seems undroppable tbh. Zog Butt Barton Milner/Duff when fit would be my ideal midfield. Balance, pace sown the flanks, a good holding mid and Joey can strut his stuff.

Anyhoo, in the long term I can still see us switching to 4 5 1.

Somehow I dont think thats quite what acrossthe would have done :D

Anyone see Allardyce on Sky this morning saying he set the team up against Reading to play for the point?

Dalglishtastic.

:D A fucking point? With the Squad we had for that day we should of murdered them.Now this will sound knee-jerk but When we bought Big Sam in we all thought he'd be a good manager in the long term to take us into the top 4 hell i even thought we might of had a slight change of getting in the top two if only for a while.

With the derby game and now the reading game i believe we might have the wrong man,I'm not saying we should sack him as he could settle the ship for 2 seasons but i don't believe he'd ever make a fantastic manager or an England manager at that .

Guest Patrokles

Are you stockpiled in a lumber yard Patrokles? My point is that I think Sam got his starting line-up wrong, and if you add that to the back-four being sieve-like and leaking two goals plus the front two being scoreless then the result is ZERO points.

But your two posts contradicted each other. And then you did it again. You criticise Sam for not changing the back four from Spurs, then say you wouldn't change a winning side. Senile?

But your two posts contradicted each other. And then you did it again. You criticise Sam for not changing the back four from Spurs, then say you wouldn't change a winning side. Senile?

Mr.Patrokles, you didn't answer my question about being stockpiled in a lumber yard. Perhaps the way I write things have a tendency to confuse certain people. Let me shed some light on the question to you, my reference to the lumber yard was pointing towards inventory of short planks. :D

Somehow I dont think thats quite what acrossthe would have done :D

I'm not sure what I have to do with this topic. But you have spoken my name and called me.

Really the strikers had little to do with Saturday's result. We had only two real first-team options in Martins and Owen, both of whom are unsuited to aerial battles, and with the lack of penetration down the flanks that our midfield offered they were never really going to get the service they need, especially Owen. I can't see how putting Smith on for either Owen or Martins would've helped. To be quite honest, for the discussions about the relative value of Owen vs. Martins in the squad, I don't think for a moment that Smith can do what either of them does. I really am not sold on Smith and am beginning to wonder just exactly what it is that he does, besides collecting yellows.

I felt that Feye (and Jose Enrique) actually offered some of the limited capability in going forward we had. His aerial balls were less likely to randomly land in front of the other team and I can't see what difference Rozenhal, surely a defensive player, might have made either.

The problem wasn't up front or at the back. It lay in the extremely weak midfield selection. Geremi really has done nothing for me since joining and I think the writing is on the wall for him. He needs to pick it up in short order or be dropped. He certainly isn't a right winger and he's having trouble convincing me that he belongs on the pitch at all. We all know what to expect from Butt by now and while his selection wasn't one of the bigger problems on Sat, you know what happens when you send out too many defensive players - you get an overly defensive side like the one that faced Derby and we know how that ended.

The big problems were Emre, obviously not belonging on the left wing which I think we can all agree with, and Barton, who didn't look match fit and never looked like contributing. If I could have it to do all over again, it'd be:

Given

Beye Cacapa Faye Enrique

Milner Butt Emre N'Zogbia

Martins Owen