Away game Formation/Tactics

bassplayerjj

Maybe we really need to think long and hard about how we set up and play away from home. The 4-5-1 thing or a formation where the centre of the park has 3 midfielders and there are 2 wide forwards tracking back when we don't have the ball (Duff/Robben Chelsea 1st season), and with an explosive pace to counter-attack when we do have the ball. Viduka in there holding things up with his strength and flicking passes through to the quick men with his creativity. A trio of Geremi, Butt, Emre in the middle of the park would have bite and balance to it and would be able to absorb opposition pressure and then with Beye, Geremi, Martins down the right, and Enrique, Emre, and Zogbia down the left be able to quickly turn defense to attack.

Away from home it is very important to have a strong bench to change a game if the Home crowd is growing anxious or we want to chase the game for example. With this formation Owen is a player that can be sacrificed and as he has shown a couple of times this season, he can come on and win a game when a defence is starting to tire like against Wigan and Everton.

------------------Given

Beye-------Faye-------Cacapa-----Enrique

-------------------Butt

--------Geremi------------Emre

------------------Viduka

--------------------------------N'Zogbia (Duff)

-------Martins

Bench: Owen, Milner/Duff, Barton/Smith, Rozenhal, Harper

to be fair I think Sam would have picked Viduka if he was available. I think he played those midfielders because he knew that Owen and MArtnis couldn't make the ball stick up front.

worst typo ever.. had to leave it in

Edited by The Fish

I think we need to have a go at teams away from home. Especially teams like Reading who have been ordinary this season, especially defensively. We don't particularly look like keeping clean sheets so we may as well win the odd game and lose the odd game away. Instead of playing for draws and losing anyway.

Maybe we really need to think long and hard about how we set up and play away from home. The 4-5-1 thing or a formation where the centre of the park has 3 midfielders and there are 2 wide forwards tracking back when we don't have the ball (Duff/Robben Chelsea 1st season), and with an explosive pace to counter-attack when we do have the ball. Viduka in there holding things up with his strength and flicking passes through to the quick men with his creativity. A trio of Geremi, Butt, Emre in the middle of the park would have bite and balance to it and would be able to absorb opposition pressure and then with Beye, Geremi, Martins down the right, and Enrique, Emre, and Zogbia down the left be able to quickly turn defense to attack.

Away from home it is very important to have a strong bench to change a game if the Home crowd is growing anxious or we want to chase the game for example. With this formation Owen is a player that can be sacrificed and as he has shown a couple of times this season, he can come on and win a game when a defence is starting to tire like against Wigan and Everton.

------------------Given

Beye-------Faye-------Cacapa-----Enrique

-------------------Butt

--------Geremi------------Emre

------------------Viduka

--------------------------------N'Zogbia (Duff)

-------Martins

Bench: Owen, Milner/Duff, Barton/Smith, Rozenhal, Harper

No Sam you are wrong. Please read Alex's post above ^^^

I think we need to have a go at teams away from home. Especially teams like Reading who have been ordinary this season, especially defensively. We don't particularly look like keeping clean sheets so we may as well win the odd game and lose the odd game away. Instead of playing for draws and losing anyway.

Your posts make so much sense on a regular basis it sickens me tbh :D

Your posts make so much sense on a regular basis it sickens me tbh :D

:rolleyes: Cheers.

Each team has to be picked dependent on the opposition, for example going after Arsenal , Man U or Chelsea would be suicidal, we should have the battlers and spoilers in Midfield to ruff `em up a bit as we cant out play these teams so I would go with a 4-5-1

-------------------Given-----------------------

Beye------Rozy----------Cacapa------Enrique

----------------Faye--Geremi--Butt----------

---------Barton------------------------Zoggy

--------------------Viduka or Smith-----------

Vid and Smith can hold the ball where Owen or Oba struggle

Against the rest I fancy our chances if we can play football and create chances so I would go with

------------------Given------------------------

Beye------Rozy----------Cacapa---Enrique

------------------Butt-------------------------

Milner---------------------------------Zoggy

--------------Barton or Emre----------------

--------Oba or Owen-------Vid or Smith---