Digital Cameras

Toonraider

I want to buy a camera as a Xmas gift, I dont know much about them so can any of you very knowledgable people tell me what I should be looking out for? Is there any particular make I should go for? I dont want to spend a fortune, probably about £60-£70. Thanks :D

Thanks guys. I really like the second one you posted Jimbo and like Jay recommends it has an optical zoom. I'm abit confused though as one of its points it says '10MB internal memory permits shooting without a media card' Does that mean I'd need to buy a media card seperately? :D Are they expensive?

Thanks guys. I really like the second one you posted Jimbo and like Jay recommends it has an optical zoom. I'm abit confused though as one of its points it says '10MB internal memory permits shooting without a media card' Does that mean I'd need to buy a media card seperately? :D Are they expensive?

Yes, you'll need to buy a card they are fairly cheap

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...GB/Product.html

Yes, you'll need to buy a card they are fairly cheap

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...GB/Product.html

Thanks Jimbo, much appreciated! :rolleyes:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000MVWE8I

Casio EX-Z75 Digital Camera - Silver, £79.99 delivered.

* Compact all metal body design

* 7.2 effective megapixels for A3 photo prints

* 3x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom (12x total zoom)

* Large 2.6inch widescreen LCD for clear viewing and framing

* 33 BESTSHOT scenarios for quick camera setup

* Easy Mode for novice users

* Anti Shake DSP for reduced image blur

* Movie mode with audio (with AV out)

* SUPER LIFE battery (approx. 230 images on a single charge - CIPA standards)

* PictBridge and Direct Print compatible

Edited by nufc4ever

Usually found the Kodak and Fuji ones to one of the best of their price range, photo quality-wise (although Kodak software can be a bit bloatware), for the lower to mid range cameras anyway.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000MVWE8I

Casio EX-Z75 Digital Camera - Silver, £79.99 delivered.

* Compact all metal body design

* 7.2 effective megapixels for A3 photo prints

* 3x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom (12x total zoom)

* Large 2.6inch widescreen LCD for clear viewing and framing

* 33 BESTSHOT scenarios for quick camera setup

* Easy Mode for novice users

* Anti Shake DSP for reduced image blur

* Movie mode with audio (with AV out)

* SUPER LIFE battery (approx. 230 images on a single charge - CIPA standards)

* PictBridge and Direct Print compatible

Very nice indeed and such good value!

Thanks, I will make my mind up today from one of these.

Usually found the Kodak and Fuji ones to one of the best of their price range, photo quality-wise (although Kodak software can be a bit bloatware), for the lower to mid range cameras anyway.

Yes, my son's last one was a Fuji, it was quite old (when 2.1 million pixels was top spec)! It was still fine untill we went to watch the touring cars at Donnington, we had torrential rain and the camera was in my son's pocket which filled up with water :D

Yes, my son's last one was a Fuji, it was quite old (when 2.1 million pixels was top spec)! It was still fine untill we went to watch the touring cars at Donnington, we had torrential rain and the camera was in my son's pocket which filled up with water :rolleyes:

Yeah not sure about them being water proof. :D

Yes, my son's last one was a Fuji, it was quite old (when 2.1 million pixels was top spec)! It was still fine untill we went to watch the touring cars at Donnington, we had torrential rain and the camera was in my son's pocket which filled up with water :rolleyes:

toonraider, you've got to stop making him wear those plastic shirts.

He's old enough not to spill things on himself now :D

Yes, my son's last one was a Fuji, it was quite old (when 2.1 million pixels was top spec)! It was still fine untill we went to watch the touring cars at Donnington, we had torrential rain and the camera was in my son's pocket which filled up with water :nufc:

toonraider, you've got to stop making him wear those plastic shirts.

He's old enough not to spill things on himself now :D

:rolleyes:

Just been looking, I paid £240 for my Konica Minolta Z5 about a year and a half ago, reduced from £300, you can now get the Z6 and a whole host of better cameras for around £140.00

Gutting :D

Just been looking, I paid £240 for my Konica Minolta Z5 about a year and a half ago, reduced from £300, you can now get the Z6 and a whole host of better cameras for around £140.00

Gutting :D

Still a decent camera though, from distance:

pict0002pk0.jpg